Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-18-2012, 03:31 PM   #1
Treeny

Drives: Toyota Yaris Tsport
Yaris Key fob wont lock my doors!

Greetings all,

ive just got a 2001 Yaris SR 1.3 last month and all of a sudden im having problems locking the doors with the keyfob, it unlocks the doors fine.

The little light on the key lights up when unlocking but dosent do anything when pressing the lock button!

Ive replaced the batteries and tried the "recoding" sequence (including doing a little dance)

and alas, nothing =(

Ive looked for hours online so far and altho people have had the same problem i cannot seem to find a fix!

Any help would be most welcoming!
Treeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #2
bobolinko
Bob

Drives: Yaris and Scion XD 5 spd BSP
Try disassembling the key fob (like when you changed the battery) and get a can of compressed air and blow the "lock" switch pad area clean. it might be some pocket lint has gotten between the contact pads on the remote transmitter portion of the keyfob.
try getting to the switch area and make sure you try all the nooks and crannies of the assembly. If you can, take a look on the backside of the printed circuitry to make sure the contacts are securely soldered to the pins.
bobolinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:21 PM   #3
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Have you tried resetting the system by disconnecting the negative terminal from the battery for a couple of minutes? For US ones with factory keyless entry doing so has worked for a couple of people with a similar issue.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:27 AM   #4
Treeny

Drives: Toyota Yaris Tsport
turns out both my keyfobs broke at the same time!

i went to the local scrap heap and picked up 2 new transponders and coded them myself!

thats for the replys tho

Treeny is offline   Reply With Quote