Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-19-2007, 12:11 AM   #1
Lillydot
Absolutely Red!!!

Drives: 07 A/T Yaris Liftback
Unhappy I want keyless entry!!!

i got a a/t 07 yaris liftback. manual doors and windows. i thought i'd save a bit of money and get the electric doors and keyless entry later. turns out, YOU CAN"T DO IT!!! to make your door lock electric and to get the keyless entry, they have to attach wires to the door lock mechanism. most cars have a rod mechanism, the Yaris has a cable, and there's no way to attach the wires! I'm so upset! i didn't realize how much i NEED keyless entry until i didn't have it anymore. i'm going crazy. my locks already almost froze up on me twice!! any ideas, guys?
Lillydot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:50 AM   #2
popeetheus

Drives: Sedan, manual everything
I don't know, what did people do way-back-when before keyless entry, with respect to frozen locks? Personally, I like not having all that electronic BS on the doors and windows.
popeetheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:59 AM   #3
TrancosRt

Drives: 07 Silver HB Yaris
Lillydot, that's bull. It is possible to do aftermarket keyless. Me and some other folk in the forums did it ourselves and it works perfect. It is a little of a pain to do, but it is perfectly possible and I'm happy with the results.
TrancosRt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:52 AM   #4
firefly1_0
What the...?

Drives: '06 Blazing Blue 3 door RS.
i have remote keyless entry that was added with my remote starter.

as for the cable system that the doors have, its just a bit more work for the installer.

...and the engine is way smaller.

silly ricer, useless wings are for penguins...
firefly1_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 05:41 PM   #5
Lillydot
Absolutely Red!!!

Drives: 07 A/T Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrancosRt View Post
Lillydot, that's bull. It is possible to do aftermarket keyless. Me and some other folk in the forums did it ourselves and it works perfect. It is a little of a pain to do, but it is perfectly possible and I'm happy with the results.
yeah, i have seem a thread on here about a cable package, or something like that. but no one seems to know a thing about it around here. i went to three different mechanics, including the dealership! any one know where i can get this mysterious kit from?
Lillydot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 06:34 PM   #6
largeorangefont
Break'em off some.

Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 04 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by popeetheus View Post
I don't know, what did people do way-back-when before keyless entry, with respect to frozen locks? Personally, I like not having all that electronic BS on the doors and windows.
Heat key up with a lighter and insert.
largeorangefont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 06:48 PM   #7
TrancosRt

Drives: 07 Silver HB Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillydot View Post
yeah, i have seem a thread on here about a cable package, or something like that. but no one seems to know a thing about it around here. i went to three different mechanics, including the dealership! any one know where i can get this mysterious kit from?
A1electric.com That's where I got it from. Their website has a tutorial on how to do it. I did it with their instructions, another forum member thread on the issue, and some googling for the wiring got the job done.
TrancosRt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 10:46 PM   #8
5spBlazer
Cybernetic Magician

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
I'd like to do this as well.
5spBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote