Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-02-2018, 09:59 AM   #1
AdamDavis

Drives: Yaris Diesel 2007
Adjusting digital speedometer/gauge display height

After some safety recall work that has been done on my car, my digital speedometer/gauge is not at the correct display height. All I can think of is that the dealer had to remove the from dash to do the recall work, and it is now not adjusted for this new position. I was wondering if this is an easy fix, as I would do it myself instead of taking it back to the dealer, as I have already had a look and it seems as if the mirror might be able to be adjusted or the actual speedometer could be sat on something. So does anyone know if these digital displays can be adjusted in height?

If not I'll take it back to the dealer and get them to fix it.

P.s. The car is a 2007 Yaris diesel hatchback 1.4
AdamDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 05:07 PM   #2
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Without a pic, it is hard to visualize what you are describing. When my airbag recall was done, the service department did not snap in the back edge of the half moon shaped panel directly in front of the cluster. Everything looked fine until you realized that the bottom 5mm or so of the cluster was obscured. Could this be your case?

Sent from my Elite_5_5_Octa using Tapatalk
Old 06-03-2018, 02:45 AM   #3
AdamDavis

Drives: Yaris Diesel 2007
I understand that it is hard to visualise what I'm describing... Yeah in my case the bottom part is obscured as well, so I could have the same problem. I will have a look for what you described and see if it needs pushing in. Your problem certainly sounds similar to mine.
AdamDavis is offline   Reply With Quote