Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 08:37 PM   #1
sroberts

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Wanted: Stock Radio from US LB or non-integrated sedan

Looking for a stock radio from US LB or non-integrated sedan from some who upgraded to an aftermarket deck. Anyone looking to get rid of one cheap please let me know.

P.S. If anyone wants an intergrated deck and is willing to trade setups just let me know. Would also need to swap the console trim around the radio. I would pay for shipping too.

Thanks!
Old 09-07-2006, 05:47 AM   #2
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
So u lookin for this head unit?

Old 09-07-2006, 10:53 AM   #3
sroberts

No, I am looking for the black head unit. I believe it only came on the US models. Also, I do not want the 6 disc changer.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:19 PM   #4
nick1983

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris sedan
Didn't your car come with one?
Old 09-07-2006, 06:12 PM   #5
sroberts

Yes, it came with one of the integrated units and I want to swap it out with a non-intergrated deck.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:28 PM   #6
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

The black style of my one???

or the other black one??

Old 09-08-2006, 12:04 AM   #7
sroberts

Ok....this is what I have now, the integrated unit.

This is what I want in my sedan.

If anyone wants to do a trade I would pay for the shipping. If not, I need to get that deck. If anyone has one they pulled out after putting in an aftermarket deck and wants to get rid of the old one.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:58 AM   #8
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Get a real head unit...the stocked ones are shit.......

All u need is a mounting kit(if ur gettin a whole new double din head unit).....and that silver thingy....and ur set.....

trust me u dont want the stocked head unit.

P.S u have the silver thingy i forgot wat its called.....a silver stocked head unit would look heaps better than a black one...

Ummm why do u want to switch? hate the look? want better sound?
Old 09-08-2006, 04:00 AM   #9
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

ill be selling my silver one....(my 1st post in this thread) cuz i baught a pioneer double din head unit. that will be in 1-2 weeks when my mounting kit arrives.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:24 AM   #10
sroberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasher22
Get a real head unit...the stocked ones are shit.......

All u need is a mounting kit(if ur gettin a whole new double din head unit).....and that silver thingy....and ur set.....

trust me u dont want the stocked head unit.

P.S u have the silver thingy i forgot wat its called.....a silver stocked head unit would look heaps better than a black one...

Ummm why do u want to switch? hate the look? want better sound?

Yes, I don't like the look of integrated unit and it will be a while before I can get a "real" deck. As you can see the trim around the integrated unit is not set up for an aftermarket deck, it would have to be hacked to pieces and probably look terrible. By swtiching to the other stock deck and trim I will be ready for when I can afford a new deck. A new trim piece is about $70 so if I can get a radio for free or cheap that would help big time. I like the silver ones but since it is a Can unit I am not sure if it will fit/work in my US Yaris. I need to be able to still use my aux port for my IPOD. Yours looks like it is the 6 disc changer unit which I do not think will work.

Thanks!!
Old 09-09-2006, 03:54 AM   #11
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

ahhh RIGHTIO! mine aint a 6 changer thingy one....

i think the YRX model is equiped with it, i have a YRS.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:07 PM   #12
sroberts

How much are you going to be selling your deck for? Does anyone know if it will fit into a US model and support the mp3 aux port?
Old 09-13-2006, 11:17 PM   #13
sroberts

btt. No one in the US has replaced their stock radio with an aftermarket unit??? Anyone??
Old 09-14-2006, 06:07 PM   #14
nick1983

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris sedan
How much are you looking on spending on one?
Old 09-15-2006, 10:51 AM   #15
sroberts

Not alot. If I had the money I would just by an aftermarket deck. Im still kicking myself for missing out on that free one from Violin. Damn you SimmZ!!!!
Old 09-17-2006, 10:16 PM   #16
thcollegeboy

Drives: 2005 Toyota Highlander
I'm actually looking to do something very similar. I currently have a 2005 Toyota Highlander with the GPS Navigation System built into the dash. However, I don't get very good gas mileage at all compared to those on the Corolla, Yaris, and Prius. I'm looking to sell the Highlander and get the decked out Yaris. However, I've been spoiled with the GPS Nav and want to put the Pioneer AVIC-Z1 in the Yaris. So I'd want to get rid of the integrated unit faceplate and replace it with the one that has the double DIN slot so that I could get the Pioneer GPS Nav unit installed.

Have you had any luck with finding one of these double DIN silver face plates? The picture you show looks like it's in one of the non-US models since the speedometer has it's main units in kilometers instead of miles. I'm wondering if the dealership could just order one of the plates for you as they normally would to do a replacement on a broken one. Let me know what you find out because I definitely want to do the same thing. If you can't swap this thing out then I might have to think about getting something else where I can do this. I'll probably be stopping by the dealership this week to get more details as well.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:16 AM   #17
sroberts

The trim piece I can get from the dealer. Someone here was nice enough to post the part # and he said it was about $67 US. I really dont care if the head unit is silver or black although no one has said if the Sliver (Canadian) head units are compatable with a US Yaris. I was hoping someone here could answer that for me. Keeping in mind that I still need that aux port.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:36 AM   #18
thcollegeboy

Drives: 2005 Toyota Highlander
Can you repost that part number for me? I scanned through the earlier posts in this thread but I was not seeing the one where they posted the specific trim piece number. Thanks!
Closed Thread