Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-17-2022, 08:42 PM   #1
YOUNG SCOOTER

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris Hatch
seafoam yaris 1.5L

I tried to use the brake booster line like I normally do for my vehicles but thanks to the lovely design of the cowl I couldn't easily reach the clamp on the line. I started looking and there is a vacuum line on the front of the engine right by the throttle body that is a few inches long, and connects to some white cube right by the intake tube, with an electrical plug in it. I unhooked that line instead, and put my funnel inside it. Started the engine. She doesn't like that, idled rough for a few seconds then took on a high idle. I poured in half the bottle slowly and stalled out the engine. Key off. Put the other half the bottle in the tank and went inside for a few minutes.

Then we took it on a drive and smoked out my dead end road. Rolled coal on some guy in a cummins dodge pickup lol
YOUNG SCOOTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 08:49 PM   #2
xdarkxfirex

Drives: 2015 yaris le
When using seafoam on a smaller engine u need to be careful. Three years ago I used seafoam spray on my 1.6 kia Rio. Followed the instructions and used through throttle body. After that car wouldn't start. I thought I hydrolocked the engine. Had to pulled the plugs, let it crank without the plugs. They were all covered in seafoam. After messing with it a bit I got it running and it smoked like crazy. After that I learned to never use a full can of any engine/ valve cleaner on a 4cyl. 1/2 a can is more than good enough to coat everything
xdarkxfirex is offline   Reply With Quote