Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-28-2010, 05:52 PM   #1
sex

Drives: 09 5DR
looking for picture of the AA2 connector

If anyone happened to take a picture of the interior main fuse panel with the AA2 connector on top, I'd appreciate a link.

I'm planning to tap into the horn wire at #17 in my 09 LB but I think I might have the wrong connector.
sex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:06 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
It's the connector below. Pin 18 is the green one, one the right (one pin over from the end). Pin 17 is the blank one next to it, and the end. The horn is pin 18 on a liftback and pink 18 on a sedan. The routing of this feed is so strange that I rang it out all the way from the horn connector to there to make sure.

The horn fuse is in the under hood fuse panel. That 10A feed splits and one leg goes through the relay coil (the horn relay is built into the block with the horn fuse) to the steering wheel, where the horn switch grounds the circuit to honk the horn. The other leg goes through the relay contact to a connector on the bottom of the under hood fuse panel, from there it goes through the firewall, under the dash (to connector AA2), and then back out to the bottom of the under hood fuse panel, through connector BA1, and then out the top of it to the horn.

Conn AA2.jpg
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:04 PM   #3
sex

Drives: 09 5DR
Thanks Scott. So much for the 07 EWD...

The plan is to tap into this wire and add a toggle switch, which will drive a relay. That relay will be used switch a new line to feed a pair of horns.

This way I keep the stock horn for friendly beeps and use the louder ones with discretion.
sex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:17 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sex View Post
Thanks Scott. So much for the 07 EWD...

The plan is to tap into this wire and add a toggle switch, which will drive a relay. That relay will be used switch a new line to feed a pair of horns.

This way I keep the stock horn for friendly beeps and use the louder ones with discretion.
That's a bear to get at, as it requires having the dash off. I would switch on the control side instead. You can cut into the wire that goes to the horn switch, which is way more accessible on the bottom of the steering column.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote