Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-07-2010, 01:20 PM   #109
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ yes, but only if you do the math so it makes power.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:20 AM   #110
xbgod
Banned

Drives: "Burning It Down GTX2860RS XB"
Yeah, you better do the math and it can't look like that ragged piece of crap on the previous page if you intend on selling them.

By the time you get it all figured out and have one as nice as the weapon-R you'll be at the same price.

The purge is a must. It's used to releave bottle pressure. Anything over a 1000 psi your starting to look for trouble. So if it's a hot day and your bottles in the car and it's lets say 1400 psi you gotta purge, other wise it would be like hitting your car with a 200 shot and boom it's over.

I know this first hand, I've done it.

direct port is the best, it allows for even spray across all the cylinders. A fogger kit will not. Most of your NO2 will end up in cylinders 1 and 2 , which in a small shot is not so bad but not so good either.

You want a wet kit, this will be a whole lot safer.

If you want to go direct port than just look at my post and you'll see the weapon-R manifold with the bungs I had welded in, not to mention it's a proven manifold.

Good Building

XBG
xbgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:47 AM   #111
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Drives: 08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbgod View Post
Yeah, you better do the math and it can't look like that ragged piece of crap on the previous page if you intend on selling them.

By the time you get it all figured out and have one as nice as the weapon-R you'll be at the same price.

The purge is a must. It's used to releave bottle pressure. Anything over a 1000 psi your starting to look for trouble. So if it's a hot day and your bottles in the car and it's lets say 1400 psi you gotta purge, other wise it would be like hitting your car with a 200 shot and boom it's over.

I know this first hand, I've done it.

direct port is the best, it allows for even spray across all the cylinders. A fogger kit will not. Most of your NO2 will end up in cylinders 1 and 2 , which in a small shot is not so bad but not so good either.

You want a wet kit, this will be a whole lot safer.

If you want to go direct port than just look at my post and you'll see the weapon-R manifold with the bungs I had welded in, not to mention it's a proven manifold.

Good Building

XBG
^^ Hey watch it buddy , that intake mainfold is on my car lol . You need to hurry up and sell me that blitz s/c so I can get it off my car
Old 10-09-2010, 09:56 AM   #112
xbgod
Banned

Drives: "Burning It Down GTX2860RS XB"
oh, shit..thats yours....

I wasn't trying to completly run you over but, well.......it is pretty ugly and I don't think your making any exra power with that design.

But don't worry we'll change that.

XBG
xbgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:01 AM   #113
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Drives: 08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbgod View Post
oh, shit..thats yours....

I wasn't trying to completly run you over but, well.......it is pretty ugly and I don't think your making any exra power with that design.

But don't worry we'll change that.

XBG
^^ Its all good lol . I got it from the 2007 sema NOS car with all the nitrous nozzles/jets/lines/seloniods for a price I couldn't pass up . As for power mabey picked up a few hp on top-end only and the low end power sucks now. Or I guess I should say "for now"...
Old 02-06-2012, 12:05 PM   #114
2005rs

Drives: 2005 Echo Rs
I know this is an old post but I thought it better than posting in the general section;

Has anyone hooked up a water/methanol pump to the fuel side of a wet nitrous nozzle? Seems to me that would take care of a lot of the knocking issues and concerns with using lower grades of fuel. (premium fuel is 10cents a litre more where I come from)

I was thinking of making a water meth injection system like this: http://www.turbomirage.com/water-alc...tructions.html
to use in conjunction with a nitrous setup. Then it occurred to me it would be simpler just to hook the water pump up directly to the nitrous system's fuel solenoid.
2005rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 12:01 PM   #115
crazylegs

Drives: 2007 Yaris
how much of a shot do you need before the yaris starts knocking?

I'd like the idea of doing an 80 shot direct port injection on the stock engine, then when the car's mileage gets up there most likely in 3-4 years i'll rebuild the bottom end and would like to run much higher shot 200-240hp (50-60hp per cylinder).

i just prefer to use nitrous to have a 12 second yaris then boost cause i like the the idea of having a grocery getter with great MPG 99.9% of the time, and at a flip of a switch have a beast.
crazylegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 12:05 PM   #116
crazylegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksandiegovitz View Post
sale pending from another Yw member on this custom intake manifold set-up for direct port nitrous right now , will post pictures of it installed this weekend !
that intake you posted is ugly as hell but i love it lol
Old 02-16-2016, 03:07 PM   #117
crazylegs

hey i was just curious what you guys are running in the 1/4mile