Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-13-2013, 03:47 PM   #19
47_MasoN_47
What I thought I'd do was

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan
Well the shop says there's too much rust on my truck for them to replace the head gaskets. I don't know what to do.

My Nissan Hardbody (D21) 4x4 build log
Check out my YouTube channel (mostly shooting) - http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
47_MasoN_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:51 PM   #20
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47_MasoN_47 View Post
Well the shop says there's too much rust on my truck for them to replace the head gaskets. I don't know what to do.
Your lean condition on your Yaris should be the easier one of the two to solve.
Old 12-13-2013, 03:55 PM   #21
47_MasoN_47

Yeah if it wasn't freaking siberia outside and dark at 4pm that would help. I got the car towed to my parents house today so I can work on it (they get mad if you work on cars at my apartment). If I can't fix it this weekend I don't know what I'm going to do.

I'm almost at the point of just burning the thing down and turning it in on insurance.

Check out my YouTube channel (mostly shooting) - http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
Old 12-16-2013, 10:07 AM   #22
47_MasoN_47

Ok... well... on Friday the Yaris miraculously healed itself?

I started to get to work on it after work and it just randomly started working fine. I don't understand how you can go from misfiring and all that garbage to just being fine, but whatever I guess.

I went ahead and replaced the rest of the little spring-type hose clamps that I hadn't replaced already just in case, but for whatever reason the Yaris is working fine again. I drove it all weekend with the boost off just to make sure, then turned it back on today and it's still working fine.

Also, these cars seem unbearably slow once you're used to driving one with a supercharger on it.

Old 12-16-2013, 12:18 PM   #23
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47_MasoN_47 View Post
Ok... well... on Friday the Yaris miraculously healed itself?

I started to get to work on it after work and it just randomly started working fine. I don't understand how you can go from misfiring and all that garbage to just being fine, but whatever I guess.

I went ahead and replaced the rest of the little spring-type hose clamps that I hadn't replaced already just in case, but for whatever reason the Yaris is working fine again. I drove it all weekend with the boost off just to make sure, then turned it back on today and it's still working fine.

Also, these cars seem unbearably slow once you're used to driving one with a supercharger on it.

So true on the driving without the supercharger piece.

It may have just been fuel related (plugged injector or fuel filter) and it resolved while sitting. Has it been below freezing down there, where you might have had ice crystals in the fuel line?
Old 12-16-2013, 03:02 PM   #24
47_MasoN_47

Yeah, it's been below freezing (and was the day it started acting up).

I wondered about maybe some water/ice in the fuel, but I didn't really know how to resolve that. I put some additive in there that's supposed to remove water on Saturday after it seemed to be working. Maybe that will prevent it from acting up again.

Old 07-01-2014, 05:12 PM   #25
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Time for a bit of thread necro!

I've managed to clear up the P0171 by going to a CAI and larger throttle body. The P0101 keeps popping up, but that may be related to the $40 ebay intake that I chopped up to get my MAF mounting point. The rough idle has also sorted it self out for the most part, if only because the increased airflow at idle. I still get lots of idle seeking, but I hadn't adjusted the set screw, and I'm sure there's still some leaks in the system.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote