Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-17-2007, 08:28 AM   #1
myt

Drives: Blazing Blue 07 YAris
Exclamation Dimming switch broken?

Hi all,
I've got a bit of a problem, or maybe I don't. A few weeks back I changed out the headunit in my 07 LB. When I did it, I connected the illumination wire from my headunit to the dimmer wire from the toyota harness. And now when I use the dimmer the only thing that dims is the hazard lights button, everything else stays the same. They are still bright, but I can't adjust them. The Speedometer still gets really bright once you turn the dimmer until it clicks, but other than that nothing. Anyone have any ideas what I could have done?

Thanks,
MYT
myt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:43 AM   #2
staticorex

Drives: Sc'd Yaris Sedan.
I'm having trouble understanding... you put in a new head unit and attached it to the dimmer. Now the dimmer still works on the gauges? What else is there that dims? It's light here or I would check. :)
Old 08-18-2007, 05:27 PM   #3
myt

No, the dimmer only dims the hazard light button. The console lights(A/C controls) stay the same intensity. Shouldn't they dim with the hazard light button? I have also disconnected the dimmer wire from the illumination wire for the headunit, still no results.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:44 PM   #4
myt

BUMP, anyone please help. Does the dimmer control the climate control brightness at all??

Thanks,
MYT