Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-31-2007, 10:19 PM   #1
hans_fh

Drives: Yaris
A/C not cold.

Recently I found that my Yaris Sedan's air condition is not such cold. I living in Northern Utah and it is usually 88 degrees at days.

just wondering if the dealership will be willing to fix it? (Tired of dealing with Toyota dealer in my town)

Thanks a lot!!!
hans_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:40 PM   #2
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
any dealer in the United States will honor Toyota's warranty... so yes they will fix it
Old 05-31-2007, 10:44 PM   #3
Terrorize
Toyota Newb!!

Drives: Yaris S Sedan w/ Aero Package!
I remember a thread about the a/c not being very cold...i thought it was finally put to a rest because they said something about how our cars are low hp and they didn't want to put in a too powerful a/c unit that the car cannot handle?
Terrorize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:59 PM   #4
jamal1984
The Beautification of Car

Drives: Toyota Yaris S
Send a message via MSN to jamal1984
go and grab that bottle of 314 or something and fill it up.
jamal1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:10 AM   #5
churp
Clean and (dis)Functional

Drives: Yaris 2dr--Black Betty
Check if the knob is set to fresh air or to recycle the cabin air....the recycle really made a difference in mine.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:03 AM   #6
Mead

Drives: BSP Yaris LB 2007
my ac works fine,

ACs are pretty complex, don't DIY, dealership will fix it for free in fact they'll do a thermostat check, don't let it slip cuz it's major $$$$$ when out of warranty.
Mead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:31 AM   #7
grampi

Drives: Corolla
I agree. Why mess with it yourself when the car's still under warranty? Let Toyota fix it.
grampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:32 AM   #8
grampi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrorize View Post
I remember a thread about the a/c not being very cold...i thought it was finally put to a rest because they said something about how our cars are low hp and they didn't want to put in a too powerful a/c unit that the car cannot handle?
That's just not true. The A/C in the Yaris should work just as efficeintly as the A/C in any other vehicle.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:33 AM   #9
jlift

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatch
I had the same complaint and took it in to the dealers. They put some dye in it and determined that a ring seal was split and they replaced the broken sealing ring and refilled with refrigerant. The explanation was that it got "overtightened" at the factory. I thought that Japan had the best quality control? It's 300% better now and I don't really put it above the first fan position even on a hot day after my car being in the parking lot all day. And I have a black car! It takes about 3 minutes to cool down now, which isn't bad. Yes, I would ask them to put some dye into it, it's really the best way to determine if there is a leak. That's what your warranty is for.
jlift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:50 AM   #10
grampi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlift View Post
I thought that Japan had the best quality control?
They do, but nobody's perfect, not even Toyota. However, they are closer to it than any of the other manufacturers.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:54 AM   #11
Katana

Drives: Yaris LB 1.3lt 06
Send a message via MSN to Katana Send a message via Yahoo to Katana
Had the same problem and a tube was broken.
Katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 08:42 AM   #12
Doc Zaius
Lurker supreme!

Drives: old and boosted!
My A/C wasn't cold at all yesterday... until my gf pointed out (later that day) that my temperature knob was about 1/3 of the way towards hot. Ooops!
Old 06-18-2007, 08:03 PM   #13
Terrorize
Toyota Newb!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grampi View Post
That's just not true. The A/C in the Yaris should work just as efficeintly as the A/C in any other vehicle.
I better get it checked out then!! Heh heh it's way worse than my 2 previous cars...Ford Tauraus..and Chevy Impala...i've never had to crank the fan past 2 or 3...and that's with the fresh air and not the recycled air...plus i have a stinky smell when ventilation is on...after using air con and its off...
Old 06-19-2007, 11:00 AM   #14
jlift

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrorize View Post
I better get it checked out then!! Heh heh it's way worse than my 2 previous cars...Ford Tauraus..and Chevy Impala...i've never had to crank the fan past 2 or 3...and that's with the fresh air and not the recycled air...plus i have a stinky smell when ventilation is on...after using air con and its off...
If the stinky smell smells like sulfur, then there is a TSB on this. You will need a new catalytic converter. Search this forum under for "TSB" and you will see it.
jlift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:04 PM   #15
Terrorize
Toyota Newb!!

Heh heh...no its not sulfur...i had that problem with my chevy...and it was a bad catalytic converter...this smell...is hard to describe...like a mold or rot? But i guess that can be normal for air con systems? Since there is like condesation building up inside?? Anyone else have this?
Old 06-19-2007, 11:05 PM   #16
Dem Bonez

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan
I got a new sedan 24 hours ago, blows nice and cold, which is nice, it was 98 today!
Dem Bonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:04 AM   #17
davembfan

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Weird, My sedan is REALLY cold sometimes, and then other times it's just barely enough to notice it.
davembfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:34 PM   #18
deebrown

Drives: Sedan
remember, the windsheild absorbs UV or something like that, anyways, the net-effect is that the cabin feels much warmer when its sunny outside (even in the winter) because solar energy is being trapped - hence, if it's really sunny/hot outside it will probably take a few more minutes to cool down (kind of sucks in the summer but very nice during the winter).
deebrown is offline   Reply With Quote