Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-08-2017, 03:04 PM   #1
Martino

Drives: '07 Yaris sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJP440 View Post
Donut gasket between header and cat pipe is likely shot. I just replaced mine that's been leaking for the past 60k miles getting worse as time went and lemme tell you, that gasket was toast! It just fell apart.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
Donut gasket was my 2nd guess. If it were up to me, I'd buy a DC header/downpipe to fix it, but she'd prefer to reduce the noise rather than increase it lol. Can you please link me the part?
Martino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 03:12 PM   #2
NJP440
2010EGGHATCH

Drives: White 2010 Yaris Hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martino View Post
Donut gasket was my 2nd guess. If it were up to me, I'd buy a DC header/downpipe to fix it, but she'd prefer to reduce the noise rather than increase it lol. Can you please link me the part?
I just went into AutoZone and told them what I needed they had 1 in stock lol. I'm boosting mine soonish so I went with a cheap no name header since my stock one wasn't looking too hot. As far as how loud the header makes the exhaust idk bc I have a full 2.5" stainless catback I had built. I noticed a slight increase in tone volume but not a lot when I added the header but my car is far from quiet. Here's a pic of what I got

Old 06-08-2017, 04:53 PM   #3
Martino

Drives: '07 Yaris sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJP440 View Post
I just went into AutoZone and told them what I needed they had 1 in stock lol. I'm boosting mine soonish so I went with a cheap no name header since my stock one wasn't looking too hot. As far as how loud the header makes the exhaust idk bc I have a full 2.5" stainless catback I had built. I noticed a slight increase in tone volume but not a lot when I added the header but my car is far from quiet. Here's a pic of what I got

Kinky. What kind of power are you putting down?
Martino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 05:00 PM   #4
NJP440
2010EGGHATCH

Drives: White 2010 Yaris Hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martino View Post
Kinky. What kind of power are you putting down?
Prob less than stock tbh 2.5 is too big for N/A and I'm not boosted yet