Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-17-2007, 02:27 AM   #1
RogueYaris

Drives: 2015 Abs Red
Processing Credit Card Payments?

I'm going to be doing my own business in a few months and want to be able to accept CC payments. What's the best way to do this? I did a preliminary search on Google but some sites seem too shady for me. Should I just go through my bank?
RogueYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 02:48 AM   #2
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Authorize.net
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 03:14 AM   #3
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
paypal's by far the easiest, but be careful, they like to close down accounts for no reason if anything look suspicious.

Or else check out 2checkout.com , they have limitations on what you can sell, but they're pretty good. ccnow.com is also not too bad, and lastly WorldPay.com if you want a real professional system.

Of course, all these take out pretty hefty fees, you might want to see directly with your bank to see what they can offer.

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:09 PM   #4
RogueYaris

Well I would need a card reader to be able to take the CC personally. I checked out authorize.net and it just seems like they're a middle man. I'd like to be able to cut something like that out so I can provide my customers with lower prices and have more left over for me.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:12 PM   #5
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Oh I see, to be able to physically accept credit cards is a different story, and your bank will defnitely be the people to ask about this, they should be able to provide you with the machine and everything.

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 03-17-2007, 12:13 PM   #6
ChinoCharles
Banned

I'm telling you, if you're doing business online and you want to take credit cars through your own system and not something like Paypal, authorize.net is the way to go.

If you're doing business in person, yes... go talk to the bank.

If you're doing business online but want to save some money by having the card reader and going through the bank, I won't be buying shit from you. Nobody likes parting with their card number to anything short of an SSL protected page or a card reader they can actually see.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:21 PM   #7
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

True, authorize.net does seems pretty good, I don't have any experience with it, but does it not require you to have a merchant account with your bank already?

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 03-17-2007, 12:26 PM   #8
ChinoCharles
Banned

I'm not sure. Its been almost 5 years since I had to use it, and it looks like they grew quite a bit in the meantime.

FWIW, a good friend of mine owns outerboxdesign.com and he swears by authorize.net.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:33 PM   #9
RogueYaris

Nah, it's not going to be anything online or over the phone. It's just so I can take a CC from people for massage. It just seems that not a lot of people carry cash anymore.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:59 PM   #10
Razr
YRS WHOR

Drives: White 2007 Yaris E-Limited 5dr
Simple then, ask your bank about merchant facilities - shouldn't cost more than $1000 or so to get setup.
Razr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:01 PM   #11
Razr
YRS WHOR

Drives: White 2007 Yaris E-Limited 5dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
True, authorize.net does seems pretty good, I don't have any experience with it, but does it not require you to have a merchant account with your bank already?
Yes you will need merchant facilities with "card not present" abilities. Authorize.net are just a payment gateway.
Razr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:00 AM   #12
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
www.checkout.google.com for sure :)
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:37 AM   #13
RogueYaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrman View Post
Problem loading page for me. I will physically have the card with me. I will NOT be doing any over the phone or internet sales.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:37 PM   #14
riceboy

Drives: icebox
In Canada I would recommend Moneris.
riceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:41 AM   #15
RogueYaris

I'm not in Canada. I would be physically taking these cards and running them through the machine. NOTHING OVER THE PHONE OR INTERNET.