Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > California
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-08-2009, 12:11 AM   #217
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Great pics so far, Rusty. Can't wait to see the rest.

Hey Jason, how much are you willing to let your tow hook cover go for now that you got that nice and peerrrty tow hook? =P
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:05 AM   #218
JustAnotherAsian
now in HD

Drives: not yaris!
Send a message via AIM to JustAnotherAsian
duno whatcha talking about- the pics look great!

edit: i'm the camry (corolla-look-a-like) guy btw.

Last edited by JustAnotherAsian; 07-08-2009 at 01:34 AM.
JustAnotherAsian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:54 PM   #219
advocate

Drives: car
Hello fellow Bay Area locals!!

My name is Sean and I go to San Jose State University. You can contact me on AIM at: rid3th3l1ghtning which will always redirect to my phone for instantaneous replies or you can shoot me emails about events at advocat3@gmail.com. I'm interested in heading out to a couple events when I can find time between work and school.
advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:42 PM   #220
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
welcome Sean. I wish you would've checked on here sooner to attend this huge NorCal meet... >_<

I'll be attending SJSU in Spring :)

Keep checking the California boards for upcoming meets. I'm really bad w/ emailing people who come on here once and never come back again... :(

We have another meet coming up for NorCal folks..... will keep everyone posted on it...
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:24 PM   #221
onemph05

Drives: 2zz Corolla
A Suggestion:
Nor Cal members phone book, that is pm'd and updated once in a while. A phone book has its benefits. We have one in BAC and I update it a couple times a year.

Simple Required Info:
SN:
Name:
City:
Phone Number:
onemph05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 02:38 AM   #222
eii
Rides canyon walls

Drives: 1988 RX7 FC 10th AE
So many sedans :'( I miss my front lip spoiler :'(

OEM Style Wing Spoiler | TRD Axle-Back Exhaust | Megan Lowering Springs (1.5 f/r) | Simota Carbon Charger Intake | Python 871XP Alarm System | Aluminum Sports Pedal | 17x7 +42mm Enkei J10 Black w/ Silver Lip | 205/40 Falken Ziex-912 | NST Lite Crank Pulley Red | 1ZZ-FE Throttle Body | AMK Racing Header
eii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 02:37 AM   #223
advocate

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
welcome Sean. I wish you would've checked on here sooner to attend this huge NorCal meet... >_<

I'll be attending SJSU in Spring :)

Keep checking the California boards for upcoming meets. I'm really bad w/ emailing people who come on here once and never come back again... :(

We have another meet coming up for NorCal folks..... will keep everyone posted on it...
Yeah that Great Mall meet looked great! It just sucks that I work weekends so it's very hard for me to know weeks in advance when I can make it to events. I guess you guys can just be surprised when I randomly drop into events, that might make things it a bit more interesting =)

When I get my first mods finished later this Summer I'm sure I'll be looking to get out to some Nor Cal meets and see some YW members and their rides.
advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 02:53 AM   #224
GuySmily

Drives: 2005 Toyota MR2
Sorry, been SUPER busy with work all week. We released/updated several new systems and have had to work out a lot of process changes for the team. I'll get these pics out eventually.

How's SJSU? I dunno if I want to try moving out and going to SJSU, or if I should just finish up at CSUS.
GuySmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:13 AM   #225
contraband831
El Huevo

Drives: 2007 Liftback
SJSU, FTW I am an Alumni, I loved my time there. I lived both on and off campus and I had a great experience both academic and social.

contraband831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:28 PM   #226
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by contraband831 View Post
SJSU, FTW I am an Alumni, I loved my time there. I lived both on and off campus and I had a great experience both academic and social.
Hopefully my experience will be just as good as yours was man....SFSU kind of sucks

Suggestions for next NorCal meet?
Old 07-14-2009, 01:44 AM   #227
ezhacker1

Drives: Decepticon - Ravage
Quote:
Hopefully my experience will be just as good as yours was man....SFSU kind of sucks

Suggestions for next NorCal meet?
lol and i got Orientation tom for SFSU.

We should get one going again for before end of summer.

Check out my Build thread:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52274
ezhacker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:40 AM   #228
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Well i used to work at marie callanders years ago. They have a seperate room in the back they use for partys and can easily seat 30 people or so. So we could meet in the parking lot there without harassment take pictures and such and go in to eat a homestyle meal and chat. They usually would set the tables in a rountable style fasion so everyone is facing each other. The room is in the back and kinda seperate. Just an idea. A few car clubs and even motorcycle clubs would meet there once a month. Mary kay would have thier meetings and and many other social groups. If its something you guys would be interested in let me know i can make a appointment for all of us once we set up a date and time. If it turns out everyone likes it we can maybe make it a common meeting place everyone once and awile since it has the room to accomadate more members as more and more people start to show up for meets

http://www.mcpies.com/
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:48 AM   #229
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

orientation is kind of boring, it was a waste of time to me, just attended so i could sign up for classes ( and even then, i barely squeezed into two of my majors classes)...

Good luck at that school, if you're not any kind of Arts major related there, you are probably in good standing...if you are a some sorts of Art major, well.... I'll let you go through it and see ;)

Yaris Sedan - I have never been or even heard of Marie Calendars..lol My friend works there now...so yea that'd be pretty cool. Enough lighting in the lot, for pictures? Or just a lot of trees...
Old 07-14-2009, 02:50 AM   #230
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Quote:
orientation is kind of boring, it was a waste of time to me, just attended so i could sign up for classes ( and even then, i barely squeezed into two of my majors classes)...

Good luck at that school, if you're not any kind of Arts major related there, you are probably in good standing...if you are a some sorts of Art major, well.... I'll let you go through it and see ;)

Yaris Sedan - I have never been or even heard of Marie Calendars..lol My friend works there now...so yea that'd be pretty cool. Enough lighting in the lot, for pictures? Or just a lot of trees...
Lighting is pretty decent it hink ill swing by some day at night and take some night shots of my car there and see how they turn out.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 03:08 AM   #231
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Awesome that'd be great, to get an idea of the area...

Ok so we have Marie Calendars as a meet spot....
I'm thinking of a cruise meet, and i talked to Kaotic, he can hook us up w/ that

Any other suggestions guys? I want to get around 3-4 ideas going and then we can poll to see which ones people are in favor of....
Old 07-14-2009, 08:38 AM   #232
BDD

Drives: Poor with a nice bicycle.
Does anyone know if the Mercado off 101/Great America has any security? If not, there's a lot of parking area to the side of the theater... area has Jamba Juice, In N Out... However, there is little else to do in the area.
BDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:51 PM   #233
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

I like that idea
Movie meet anyone?! :)

Umm, I have never seen the security car there, maybe there is one? I know parking is a bitch around evening time :(
Old 07-14-2009, 03:42 PM   #234
JustAnotherAsian
now in HD

Drives: not yaris!
Send a message via AIM to JustAnotherAsian
marie calendars in milpitas on calaveras near 880?