Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 04:40 PM   #199
1stToyota

Drives: 2013 Chevy Spark 1LT 5-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by goku87 View Post
I'm pretty sure he was talking to you...
Well, just in case he missed it, I'm on the right & Hickman is on the left. But I've got a sneaky feeling it was dircted just at me, while ignoring the other guy's equal input (his 77 postings).

He meant it for me, I meant it for the both of us.

1997 Lincoln Town Car - SOLD
2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
Old 07-19-2009, 06:48 PM   #200
b_hickman11

Drives: 08 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stToyota View Post
LOL coming from the likes of someone like you. I mention the Avalon, and you're forced to paint it as a Nascar, dirt track car, taxi cab, etc...and what proof?...LOL...it's not proof because someone agrees with you and you just desperately need it to be.
It was called sarcasm...we already covered this topic. Do I need to do a review?
Old 07-19-2009, 06:50 PM   #201
b_hickman11

Quote:
Total

...and others probably believe that nervous and desperate attempt at damage control about as much as they believed that you really hired a man with *pink* fingers to hold your filter with one hand while you held the camera with the other. I don't care why you used the words "nigga" and "white folk"...and a lot more slurs, I just don't think it's funny, but I guess you do; you're still at it.
No one asked you what you thought. And damage control from what? You? hahahahah, thats hiiiiiilllarious!
Old 07-19-2009, 06:52 PM   #202
b_hickman11

Quote:
Yeah, nearly a year ago when you talked about that little Tacoma package, after I first mentioned the Avalon...funny how things stay the same.
Really?? Because you told me that I mentioned my Taco a year ago and now you are saying that I said it AFTER you talked about your grandpa's Avalon which was this month. That's a big difference. Can't make up your mind?
Old 07-19-2009, 06:54 PM   #203
b_hickman11

Quote:
Proof? I guess I missed that UOA. Feel free to repost it.

But I thank you for being messed up enough to say your vacation was now being devoted to me.
Exactly, you missed it or what some people might say ignored the questions that had answers that would conflict with your loaded claim.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:55 PM   #204
b_hickman11

Quote:
+1
+4
Old 07-19-2009, 06:57 PM   #205
b_hickman11

Quote:
Well, just in case he missed it, I'm on the right & Hickman is on the left. But I've got a sneaky feeling it was dircted just at me, while ignoring the other guy's equal input (his 77 postings).

He meant it for me, I meant it for the both of us.
awwww poor baby.

p.s. To get us back on topic, have you tested your Yaris yet on your claim.

Or are you still waiting on your Ford and your Mini to get back from Florida?
Old 07-20-2009, 08:30 AM   #206
1stToyota

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_hickman11 View Post
It was called sarcasm...we already covered this topic. Do I need to do a review?
Yes, it all started with your desperate evasions. LOL!
And it's not sarcasm, I called it stretching and you agreed.

Quote:
No one asked you what you thought. And damage control from what? You? hahahahah, thats hiiiiiilllarious!
Never asked them to. And for what? Easy...your pink fingers and forged posting.

Quote:
Really?? Because you told me that I mentioned my Taco a year ago and now you are saying that I said it AFTER you talked about your grandpa's Avalon which was this month. That's a big difference. Can't make up your mind?
Can't rely on your brain any more? Well, I'll post it for the 2nd time on this thread.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...xas+Package%22

Quote:
Exactly, you missed it or what some people might say ignored the questions that had answers that would conflict with your loaded claim.
Oh, so you do have a UOA to back your claim that the K&N filter is perfect protection for your engine? Post it again, please. You've got the time, you're devoting your vacation to me, remember?

Quote:
+4
+5

to the bored little sticker collector

Quote:
awwww poor baby.

p.s. To get us back on topic, have you tested your Yaris yet on your claim.

Or are you still waiting on your Ford and your Mini to get back from Florida?
Keep bouncing, crybaby, that $200.00 is almost here!

What claim would that be? Valero gas works great in my Yaris?

I did say this back on page one:

"My view on oiled filters, for a stock Yaris like mine, is it'll save money when you're able to re-use it, but it's sure not worth it if you're thinking it'll give you big savings at the pump and will give you power that can be felt."

...and it's a sound mod

You dispute that?

Lot's of people have made Yaris and non-Yaris claims on this thread, good and bad...usually if it was bad you tried to put it all on me, instead of taking it up with the one that actually made the claim, for some reason.

btw, I noticed you didn't multi-quote. Guess you'll have to break up my posting and make several replies?

2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD

Last edited by 1stToyota; 07-20-2009 at 08:58 AM.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:52 AM   #207
b_hickman11

Quote:
Yes, it all started with your desperate evasions. LOL!
And it's not sarcasm, I called it stretching and you agreed.

Never asked them to. And for what? Easy...your pink fingers and forged posting.

Can't rely on your brain any more? Well, I'll post it for the 2nd time on this thread.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...xas+Package%22

Oh, so you do have a UOA to back your claim that the K&N filter is perfect protection for your engine? Post it again, please. You've got the time, you're devoting your vacation to me, remember?

+5

to the bored little sticker collector

Keep bouncing, crybaby, that $200.00 is almost here!

What claim would that be? Valero gas works great in my Yaris?

I did say this back on page one:

"My view on oiled filters, for a stock Yaris like mine, is it'll save money when you're able to re-use it, but it's sure not worth it if you're thinking it'll give you big savings at the pump and will give you power that can be felt."

...and it's a sound mod

You dispute that?

Lot's of people have made Yaris and non-Yaris claims on this thread, good and bad...usually if it was bad you tried to put it all on me, instead of taking it up with the one that actually made the claim, for some reason.

btw, I noticed you didn't multi-quote. Guess you'll have to break up my posting and make several replies?

1. Evasions?? I get us back on topic and then you get us off topic. Then I get us back on topic and then, once again, you get us off topic. We talk about Toyota’s and you talk about Ford’s. We talk about Toyota’s and you talk about the Mini. We talk about air filters and you talk about oil filters. So looks like you are the one with the evasions! And yes, on some topics I had to stretch because you try to bring up points but with no information to back them up. And yes I have used sarcasm, but don’t think you are remembering the right post or not. I say something about sarcasm, you think of a post where I had to stretch. I talk about stretching and you think of a post where I used sarcasm. Looks like someone is bouncing!!!

2. Looks like you are trying to stretch on that one. You’re not very good at it!

3. Once again, it really touches my heart that you go back a year looking it my old post. It brings a tear to my eye. But once again, what’s your point? I talked about the Taco coming off the carrier and you got your panties all in a bunch because I left out that part of the story on another post. Next time I tell a story I’ll be sure to tell everything. What I had to eat that day, what clothes I was wearing and when the last time I laid a deuce!

4. The only thing I have claimed was that my filter had not leaked any oil past my air box and there where no noticeable dirt that was not being trapped. I never said, “The K&N is perfect for my engine.” Do you have proof that I said that? Of course not! Because everything you come up with you never have any proof to back it up. Which takes us back to the original claim.

5. Gay

6. I’m not talking about that claim. I have never said anything about that. This all started when you said that K&N is a dishonest company since they are LIARS! When they claim HP increases on the box. I ask for your proof, but you show none. You always change the subject. We already know what you are going to say. “I don’t have to prove anything, K&N does…..blah blah blah.” But there is not a K&N representative on here. You are on here with a claim but you have no proof.

The other people that have had claims, good or bad, also showed us proof. You are the only one with a claim that has no proof. Everyone else gave us real world examples. But when it comes to your “K&N is dishonest claim,” you have yet to show proof. But lets see how you evaded it this time……..

p.s. I’m sorry I left you hanging the past day. The weather here is about 30 degrees cooler than what it has been so I been on the golf course the past couple of days. So now this will give you something to do in between taking orders at the Jack in the Box drive thru! (p.s. that was sarcasm)
Old 07-21-2009, 12:26 PM   #208
1stToyota

Hello, fanboi.

Can't imagine that this all started, again (nearly a year later, LOL), with the Avalon quick-fix (computer analysis, MAF cleaning, Wix filter and 2 test drives...wow, a whopping $90.00 charge), but you chose to tippy-foot and tail-tuck away from the guy that claimed "hundreds" of motorcycle engines were damaged due to the use of K&N filters. Like the guy said before, this isn't about filters anymore, and comparing your reactions to a $90.00 claim vs thousands of $$$ for the hundreds of motorcycles being damaged, it's easy to see that it never was.

Everything that's happened since is probably just an old wound that never quite healed.

btw, Just 1 more day and I'll get that $200.00, bouncer!!

Quote:
stopped all harmful dust particles
= no proof?

Maybe you have a Sherlock Holmes Jr kit & sensitive pink fingers, but w/o a UOA I don't believe the "all"...not in your extremely dusty conditions.

Quote:
1. Evasions?? I get us back on topic and then you get us off topic. Then I get us back on topic and then, once again, you get us off topic. We talk about Toyota’s and you talk about Ford’s. We talk about Toyota’s and you talk about the Mini. We talk about air filters and you talk about oil filters. So looks like you are the one with the evasions! And yes, on some topics I had to stretch because you try to bring up points but with no information to back them up. And yes I have used sarcasm, but don’t think you are remembering the right post or not. I say something about sarcasm, you think of a post where I had to stretch. I talk about stretching and you think of a post where I used sarcasm. Looks like someone is bouncing!!!

2. Looks like you are trying to stretch on that one. You’re not very good at it!

3. Once again, it really touches my heart that you go back a year looking it my old post. It brings a tear to my eye. But once again, what’s your point? I talked about the Taco coming off the carrier and you got your panties all in a bunch because I left out that part of the story on another post. Next time I tell a story I’ll be sure to tell everything. What I had to eat that day, what clothes I was wearing and when the last time I laid a deuce!

4. The only thing I have claimed was that my filter had not leaked any oil past my air box and there where no noticeable dirt that was not being trapped. I never said, “The K&N is perfect for my engine.” Do you have proof that I said that? Of course not! Because everything you come up with you never have any proof to back it up. Which takes us back to the original claim.

5. Gay

6. I’m not talking about that claim. I have never said anything about that. This all started when you said that K&N is a dishonest company since they are LIARS! When they claim HP increases on the box. I ask for your proof, but you show none. You always change the subject. We already know what you are going to say. “I don’t have to prove anything, K&N does…..blah blah blah.” But there is not a K&N representative on here. You are on here with a claim but you have no proof.

The other people that have had claims, good or bad, also showed us proof. You are the only one with a claim that has no proof. Everyone else gave us real world examples. But when it comes to your “K&N is dishonest claim,” you have yet to show proof. But lets see how you evaded it this time……..

p.s. I’m sorry I left you hanging the past day. The weather here is about 30 degrees cooler than what it has been so I been on the golf course the past couple of days. So now this will give you something to do in between taking orders at the Jack in the Box drive thru! (p.s. that was sarcasm)

2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD

Last edited by 1stToyota; 07-21-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:27 PM   #209
Yaris Hilton
Half a Bubble Off Plumb

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan
Smile

Last night I actually saw a TV ad for K&N air filters, on the Discovery Channel!
Old 07-21-2009, 05:37 PM   #210
1stToyota

Last TV ad I saw was several years ago...2 brothers each had a K&N, one drove a ricey car, one drove a truck--they were arguing with each other!

2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
Old 07-21-2009, 09:45 PM   #211
b_hickman11

Quote:
Hello, fanboi.

Can't imagine that this all started, again (nearly a year later, LOL), with the Avalon quick-fix (computer analysis, MAF cleaning, Wix filter and 2 test drives...wow, a whopping $90.00 charge), but you chose to tippy-foot and tail-tuck away from the guy that claimed "hundreds" of motorcycle engines were damaged due to the use of K&N filters. Like the guy said before, this isn't about filters anymore, and comparing your reactions to a $90.00 claim vs thousands of $$$ for the hundreds of motorcycles being damaged, it's easy to see that it never was.

Everything that's happened since is probably just an old wound that never quite healed.

btw, Just 1 more day and I'll get that $200.00, bouncer!!

= no proof?

Maybe you have a Sherlock Holmes Jr kit & sensitive pink fingers, but w/o a UOA I don't believe the "all"...not in your extremely dusty conditions.
Evasion noted......
Old 07-22-2009, 04:31 AM   #212
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
Ok... it all makes sense now. You two should just get a room and get it over with
Old 07-22-2009, 08:20 AM   #213
1stToyota

Quote:
Evasion noted......
With that little evasion of yours, I just earned $200.00...what a nice way to start the day, bouncing fanboi.

"LOL my ass off!!"

btw, on that "K&N Power Gain Search by Vehicle" link that you provided...

http://www.knfilters.com/search/hp_search.aspx

...under our Yaris P/N --NOTHING. No power gain at all, it seems.
And why did they list the oil filter on the power gain link? Oh yeah, I forgot, it says "performance" on the box.

Funny thing, when you click the Yaris P/N from that link...

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=33-2360

...and it says that the "replacement" filter is designed to INCREASE horsepower! Really? Previous link doesn't back up that claim, for some reason.

Still no proof, K&N? Thanks!!

2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
Old 07-22-2009, 12:50 PM   #214
b_hickman11

Quote:
With that little evasion of yours, I just earned $200.00...what a nice way to start the day, bouncing fanboi.

"LOL my ass off!!"

btw, on that "K&N Power Gain Search by Vehicle" link that you provided...

http://www.knfilters.com/search/hp_search.aspx

...under our Yaris P/N --NOTHING. No power gain at all, it seems.
And why did they list the oil filter on the power gain link? Oh yeah, I forgot, it says "performance" on the box.

Funny thing, when you click the Yaris P/N from that link...

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=33-2360

...and it says that the "replacement" filter is designed to INCREASE horsepower! Really? Previous link doesn't back up that claim, for some reason.

Still no proof, K&N? Thanks!!
Yes.....you are just repeating your claim. We get it. You like to attack claims but show no real world proof of your on.

Evasion noted, again!
Old 07-22-2009, 01:21 PM   #215
1stToyota

Quote:
Yes.....you are just repeating your claim. We get it.
There's nothing you can do with it. The K&N link you provided shows no gain, advance 1 page to the K&N link I provided and they claim increased HP for the exact same P/N...they need to get their little claims in synch, it seems.

Quote:
You like to attack claims but show no real world proof of your on.
You keep talking about real world proof on this thread and how everybody provided it to back up their claims...wrong...no one has provided ANY proof, yet they make claims, and you say they've all provided real world proof, all except me...nope, just opinions and statements, but no proof on this thread, so far.

Quote:
Evasion noted, again!
Quote:
Quote:
stopped all harmful dust particles
= no proof

UOA yet, evader?

Spnak!!!

2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
Old 07-22-2009, 01:31 PM   #216
b_hickman11

Quote:
There's nothing you can do with it. The K&N link you provided shows no gain, advance 1 page to the K&N link I provided and they claim increased HP for the exact same P/N...they need to get their little claims in synch, it seems.

You keep talking about real world proof on this thread and how everybody provided it to back up their claims...wrong...no one has provided ANY proof, yet they make claims, and you say they've all provided real world proof, all except me...nope, just opinions and statements, but no proof on this thread, so far.

= no proof

UOA yet, evader?

Spnak!!!
I already said it shows no gain at that link. So now you are repeating me! Remember the guy(that you have brought up a few times) that said he had a friend that has a Dynamometer and had tested the K&N's on some non-Yaris vehicles? That was a real world example. So you say no one has provided proof? But you have quoted this guy.....

Evasion still noted!
Closed Thread