Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-18-2015, 12:12 PM   #1
KTS

Drives: Vitz RS
Greddy Emanage Blue and Blitz Supercharger

I am about to reinstall my blitz supercharger and a Greddy Emanage Blue piggy back ecu.

I would like to learn to tune the car myself but my friend is a very capable tuner who will take over if I am not having success. Does anyone have any tips or advice as I keep reading that the OEM ecu tries to lean out the tune. I don't want to experience any engine damage.

The only mods I currently have are a fidanza flywheel, and ACT copper clutch disc, a TRD pressure plate. I also have a 1zz tb and injectors but haven't decided if to install.

Anyone using a greddy blue? I know alot of you use the aem Fic but that wasn't available at the time of purchase.

Thanks guys.
KTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 07:29 PM   #2
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
As with any piggyback, you'll either need to skew the AFR / O2 sensor reading during part throttle tuning or yank the AFR sensor entirely to force constant open loop fueling.
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 08:00 PM   #3
KTS

Wouldn't removing the afr sensor set of the check engine light that would cause drivability issues?

Forgot to mention I have a 2007 jdm Vitz RS.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:19 PM   #4
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus_Sh1ft View Post
As with any piggyback, you'll either need to skew the AFR / O2 sensor reading during part throttle tuning or yank the AFR sensor entirely to force constant open loop fueling.
Is a piggyback not what skews the ECU? Or does a piggyback only do anything in open loop due to the ECU relearning?
Old 12-19-2015, 07:24 PM   #5
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTS View Post
Wouldn't removing the afr sensor set of the check engine light that would cause drivability issues?
It would throw a code, but won't cause any issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmontague View Post
Is a piggyback not what skews the ECU? Or does a piggyback only do anything in open loop due to the ECU relearning?
If you're just adding fuel via modifying injector pulse widths, the ECU will correct the mixture back to stoich. If you "skew" the O2 sensor (manipulate the voltage to be either higher or lower), you're essentially tricking the ECU to think stoich is actually richer or leaner, depending on your needs.
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 11:14 AM   #6
KTS

I just wanted to update and thank the people who helped me. The Blitz Supercharger and Greddy Blue has been installed since Dec 2015 with no issues. I am using the Greddy to control fuel (no ignition timing adjustments have been made). I had to remove the OEM o2 sensor as it was leaning out the tune instantly. I am using an AEM wideband kit for monitoring of o2. I also have an AEM water/meth kit running 100% while using 92ron fuel and 1zz injectors as the stock injectors were maxing out while at the dyno tuning.
The car has a manual transmission and made 83whp/81 ft-lb tq before the supercharger. With the supercharger and a Fidanza flywheel, 1zz throttle body and a k&n drop in fiter the car made 109whp/101 ft-lb tq. I am pleased with the response of the car and the dyno results.
Next on the agenda is either the 1.8L 2zr swap for reliability or a turbocharged 1nzfe built for 200-250whp. Both will cost about the same where I live. Depends on what I want to do and the time I want to spend doing it.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:47 PM   #7
Gorilla

Drives: Vitz & Supra
Hey man thats good news. I would like to report back that mine is "ok". When it is cold...it is a dog...especially with the SC turned off...abover 3.5k rpm its ok..

Im running the E-Manage Ultimate..I dont know what the issue could be. When its warm and rev above 3.5k rpm she goes good...anything below is laggy like a big turbo....
Gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 10:26 PM   #8
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Quote:
Next on the agenda is either the 1.8L 2zr swap for reliability...
This is where I am after 3 or 4 years of the Blitz beating my motor to death. If you want to use the 2ZR with an MT, you really need to source all six of the mounts from an xD or T-Sport. I'm almost done with my swap and will update my build thread with the different details from the other 2ZR swaps.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 07:52 AM   #9
KTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyOldMan View Post
This is where I am after 3 or 4 years of the Blitz beating my motor to death. If you want to use the 2ZR with an MT, you really need to source all six of the mounts from an xD or T-Sport. I'm almost done with my swap and will update my build thread with the different details from the other 2ZR swaps.

Good info thanks will still be looking at your thread. I am on the verge of selling my 07 JDM Vitz RS to buy a 1st Gen. Yaris hatch to acquire some cash. If I do end up with the 1st Gen. I will eventually turbo charge it and use a full standalone (already own).
Old 12-07-2016, 12:51 PM   #10
MugenRep
iQ innovator & researcher

Drives: 2012 iQ
Quote:
Quote:
Good info thanks will still be looking at your thread. I am on the verge of selling my 07 JDM Vitz RS to buy a 1st Gen. Yaris hatch to acquire some cash. If I do end up with the 1st Gen. I will eventually turbo charge it and use a full standalone (already own).
Are either of you guys planning on selling the supercharger anytime soon?

I'm going to control mine with Blue and Power Enterprise C101 for timing since I already have both.
MugenRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 03:16 PM   #11
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Mine really needs a full rebuild, but I'm also holding on to it for a future project. Hint: twin-charged 1NZ in a mk1 mr2.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 08:59 AM   #12
MugenRep

Quote:
Mine really needs a full rebuild, but I'm also holding on to it for a future project. Hint: twin-charged 1NZ in a mk1 mr2.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Thank you! Much appreciate your reply!
Old 12-14-2016, 12:27 PM   #13
KTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugenRep View Post
Are either of you guys planning on selling the supercharger anytime soon?

I'm going to control mine with Blue and Power Enterprise C101 for timing since I already have both.
Just both of our lucky days I am online to create a sales thread for mine.
PM me so we can exchange contacts and communicate.
Note that I do not live in USA but the supercharger is already packaged to be shipped and I have already received quotes for shipping to USA.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:17 PM   #14
JustDidIt

Drives: '08G2T Prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by MugenRep View Post

Why are you using both?
JustDidIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 11:07 AM   #15
MugenRep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDidIt View Post
Why are you using both?
Missed this....Sorry Sir!

I think it'd be easier to tune with the BLUE and use the CamCon to control the VVT-I and see results back via the Blue software as far as fueling and correlation between monitoring the VVT-I adjustment and fuel tables.