Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-25-2006, 10:05 AM   #1
YarisBlazer

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Yaris at nighttime

I was driving home last night and look what I saw over to my right--a Silver Liftback ! Drove alongside it for few minutes to check it out; the dealers here in Tampa never have them, not even to test-drive; I noticed the cool brake lights at the top part of the liftback hatch; also inside the lit-up dash looks really cool ! Also, I didnt notice any "slowness" to the Yaris as some reviewers online have talked about--it was keeping up with traffic and even going faster then my current car (93 Mustang); cool ! Does anyone here have the interior light kit because that would be uber-cool !
YarisBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 02:29 PM   #2
the_saint
50% borikén

Drives: 06 Mazda5, 90 240sx
if you plan on getting the interior light kit when you do get your yaris, save a few bucks and do it yourself with some cold cathodes. CCs are brighter and much cheaper than the kit toyota wants you to purchase from them.

Garson - D.A.D. aero
Zuenglein Dolci wheels
the_saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 05:59 PM   #3
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureyarisowner
I was driving home last night and look what I saw over to my right--a Silver Liftback ! Drove alongside it for few minutes to check it out; the dealers here in Tampa never have them, not even to test-drive; I noticed the cool brake lights at the top part of the liftback hatch; also inside the lit-up dash looks really cool ! Also, I didnt notice any "slowness" to the Yaris as some reviewers online have talked about--it was keeping up with traffic and even going faster then my current car (93 Mustang); cool ! Does anyone here have the interior light kit because that would be uber-cool !
I firmly believe the reviewers who say the car is "slow" have never been behind the wheel of one.

It keeps up with/exceeds everything in its class... while getting top MPG... and its easy to get up to 90/95... I mean so easy you could do it without really "trying"
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 06:44 PM   #4
Driver

Drives: 07 Yaris silver manual sedan
I agree, the folks who complain about slowness must never have driven one. I have no problems keeping up with and/or passing traffic on the highways around N.Y. Sometimes when there's not much traffic I look at the speedometer or GPS and see that I'm doing 70 or 75 and don't even realize it. There's nothing slow or pokey about a Yaris.