Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Suggestions - Feedback - Questions
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2019, 05:15 PM   #19
06YarisRS
 
Drives: 2006 Yaris RS
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Beaver Harbour, New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 1,675
+2
__________________


2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Edvs_TSGkY
2008 Yaris LE H&R 10mm spacers (rear), RS rear spoiler
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 05:17 PM   #20
06YarisRS
 
Drives: 2006 Yaris RS
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Beaver Harbour, New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 1,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leegamer View Post
I'd happily create a Yaris World Facebook group. Since the admins are not really present I'm guessing no one would be upset?
Hopefully we don't have to get to that stage, but that's a generous offer.
__________________


2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Edvs_TSGkY
2008 Yaris LE H&R 10mm spacers (rear), RS rear spoiler
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 05:18 PM   #21
Leegamer
 
Leegamer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Yaris HB 5-Speed
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ashland, VA
Posts: 470
I wasn't talking about shutting down the forum, just creating a group for anyone who wanted to post on there as well. It looks like there is actually a Facebook Group called "Yaris World" lol
__________________
I'm a hermit named Lee
Leegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 05:24 PM   #22
06YarisRS
 
Drives: 2006 Yaris RS
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Beaver Harbour, New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 1,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leegamer View Post
I wasn't talking about shutting down the forum, just creating a group for anyone who wanted to post on there as well. It looks like there is actually a Facebook Group called "Yaris World" lol
Oh no, I didn't think that. I'd definitely post on the FB page if you created one. Thanks
__________________


2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Edvs_TSGkY
2008 Yaris LE H&R 10mm spacers (rear), RS rear spoiler
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 08:28 AM   #23
myfirstyota
3 Yaris and counting..
 
Drives: 07 Yaris rs 3 door 2zr swaped
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
+2
Same here
__________________
No one suspects the Yaris.

Xd/2zr-fe Swap/Build Thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61427

Bolt-in 3.75" Suspension Lift Build Thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61577
myfirstyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 06:45 PM   #24
WeeYari
 
WeeYari's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Georgetown, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,279
This is the site from which any email messages generated by YarisWorld originate.

golfmkv.com
__________________
WeeYari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 12:51 PM   #25
Neinris
 
Drives: 08 Yaris 3 Door Hatchback
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: ‘Murica!
Posts: 7
Although I'm relatively new to this site, since I've only really had my Yaris for a year and I only started to enjoy driving HER when I got back from my deployment in June, I would not want this site to go, yet... I'm still picking up great ideas from all of you. From bolt on engine swap, big front rotor upgrade, rear rotor swap, JDM tail light wiring, retrofitting a projector headlights, front lip add on from another car, wheels that would look great, JDM front grill that I didn't know existed, turbo kit for the original engine, super charger for the original engine, turbo charging after you engine swap, 6 speed transmission, cracking ecu for more HP raise RPM make more use of higher octane fuel etc, raising the car for snow use, Japanese AWD version that I didn't know existed, etc. etc. etc. and many many more... I wish that this site still has more years to come...

Last edited by Neinris; 11-19-2019 at 06:30 PM.
Neinris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 04:12 PM   #26
Jeanseb29
 
Drives: Toyota Yaris RS 2011 (HB)
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Gatineau (Ottawa), Canada
Posts: 28
We need to find a way to back up all the information on this site. I tried a couple of months ago with an application that was supposed to be able to download entire website. I was able to download 4 - 5 Gb of data but its mostly dead links and missing posts.
I wanted to do the same with a Quebec/Canada french forum named "Club Echo-Yaris Quebec" before they went dark in August... So much good info all lost. :(
Jeanseb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 11:55 PM   #27
zoidberg444
 
zoidberg444's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 06 - 5dr hatchback
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 341
Yeah. I really don't want to end up on Facebook. It's lame. Tragedy that forums seem to be dying these days.
__________________
- Yaris 2006, 1.0, 5 door hatchback "Betty" - 180,000 miles
UK to Nordkapp in a Yaris
zoidberg444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 11:36 AM   #28
ern-diz
 
ern-diz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Liftback
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: CA all day
Posts: 3,555
I go back to having a MySpace page and was around for the beginning of Facebook, but didn't create an account until just a couple weeks ago.

Call of Duty Mobile came out and you need a Facebook account to backup progress. Fearing something happening to my phone and losing all my game progress, I caved and created a shell Facebook account. No pic, no friends, nothing. Just a place for my game progress to save to lol.

I enjoy Twitter, Instagram and have a Wheelwell garage, but I wasn't interested in Facebook after having done the MySpace thing. Those old enough might remember Friendster before MySpace.

For us car people, I do recommend checking out Wheelwell.com. You get a virtual garage to add your vehicle and mods to. Each mod gets a score, so your car ends up with an overall mod score. You can browse other owners' garages to see how you stack up, what mods they have installed, read part reviews, etc. Because of the lack of Yaris friends there, I'm currently sitting in the number #1 spot as top Yaris. Feels fraudulent because I know if some of you were there, you'd blow my mod score away.

It's not intended to replace forums but be more of a supplement. It's been growing slowly over the last few years and I've found it to be a chill place to connect with other car folks. A car focused place that isn't Facebook.

To keep the lights on, they sell performance parts. To help grow the user base, they've been giving parts away for free to new members. If you create an account, add a vehicle and add some parts from the store to your 'wishlist', there's a solid chance the Wishlist Fairy will send you one of the parts for free. As a Team Wheelwell member, I can also help friends and fam out with a little discount.

If anyone moseys on over there and creates a garage, hit me with your link so we can connect.
__________________
On Instagram

On Wheelwell

#TeamWheelwell #ForTheBuild

Last edited by ern-diz; 11-21-2019 at 11:53 AM.
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 06:22 PM   #29
06YarisRS
 
Drives: 2006 Yaris RS
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Beaver Harbour, New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 1,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
I go back to having a MySpace page and was around for the beginning of Facebook, but didn't create an account until just a couple weeks ago.

Call of Duty Mobile came out and you need a Facebook account to backup progress. Fearing something happening to my phone and losing all my game progress, I caved and created a shell Facebook account. No pic, no friends, nothing. Just a place for my game progress to save to lol.

I enjoy Twitter, Instagram and have a Wheelwell garage, but I wasn't interested in Facebook after having done the MySpace thing. Those old enough might remember Friendster before MySpace.

For us car people, I do recommend checking out Wheelwell.com. You get a virtual garage to add your vehicle and mods to. Each mod gets a score, so your car ends up with an overall mod score. You can browse other owners' garages to see how you stack up, what mods they have installed, read part reviews, etc. Because of the lack of Yaris friends there, I'm currently sitting in the number #1 spot as top Yaris. Feels fraudulent because I know if some of you were there, you'd blow my mod score away.

It's not intended to replace forums but be more of a supplement. It's been growing slowly over the last few years and I've found it to be a chill place to connect with other car folks. A car focused place that isn't Facebook.

To keep the lights on, they sell performance parts. To help grow the user base, they've been giving parts away for free to new members. If you create an account, add a vehicle and add some parts from the store to your 'wishlist', there's a solid chance the Wishlist Fairy will send you one of the parts for free. As a Team Wheelwell member, I can also help friends and fam out with a little discount.

If anyone moseys on over there and creates a garage, hit me with your link so we can connect.
Splendid! I plan to head over and check that out soon. Thanks for that, ern-diz! Awesome!
__________________


2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Edvs_TSGkY
2008 Yaris LE H&R 10mm spacers (rear), RS rear spoiler
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 07:38 PM   #30
ern-diz
 
ern-diz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Liftback
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: CA all day
Posts: 3,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
Splendid! I plan to head over and check that out soon. Thanks for that, ern-diz! Awesome!
My pleasure!
__________________
On Instagram

On Wheelwell

#TeamWheelwell #ForTheBuild
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Links, Boots and Pins - Finding the Clunk (LONG) 06YarisRS DIY / Maintenance / Service 12 02-20-2018 10:30 AM
Review: Adjustable Sway Bar End Links m911gt Performance Modifications 9 04-29-2009 09:25 AM
3rd 360 dead, do I move to PS3 ? Dbeau Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions 19 04-27-2009 09:04 AM
aftermarket dead pedal dtappe4926 General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 12 03-19-2009 01:38 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:31 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.