Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

View Poll Results: How long did it take to get your Yaris if you ordered it?
Less then 4 weeks 36 50.00%
4 to 6 weeks 15 20.83%
6 to 8 weeks 8 11.11%
8 to 12 weeks 5 6.94%
More then 12 weeks 8 11.11%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2006, 01:24 AM   #37
eight_heads

Drives: '07 Yaris Liftback
well the problem is i don't have four months to wait.... and it will have been almost 1 when i finally do get it

'07 Yaris Liftback
-Red 5spd w/convenience
eight_heads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 09:19 PM   #38
spacemanoeuvres
spase peepole

Drives: BLAZING BLUE Liftback 5 Speed
6 weeks

to the day!

definitely worth the wait

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=684
Old 06-16-2006, 09:57 PM   #39
sroberts

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
I see alot of people picking up their Yarii. Please don't forget to enter your lead time into the poll.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:33 PM   #40
eight_heads

Drives: '07 Yaris Liftback
well i picked mine up today 6/16 and had ordered on 5/29

'07 Yaris Liftback
-Red 5spd w/convenience
eight_heads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 02:40 PM   #41
YarisHatch

Drives: Blank
Send a message via AIM to YarisHatch Send a message via Yahoo to YarisHatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by eight_heads
well i picked mine up today 6/16 and had ordered on 5/29
AH! Congrats! Still waiting on mine, tomorrow its supposed to be in. But will it?! *dun dun dun duunn*
YarisHatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 04:12 PM   #42
sroberts

WOOHOO! Just got a call from the dealer and my fully loaded sedan should be here between 7/3 and 7/10!!
Old 06-19-2006, 04:42 PM   #43
Hyde

Drives: M3,CayenneS,SL500,550i,GT3RS
took my dealer 3 months. it was special order. took even longer then getting a new M5!!
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:28 PM   #44
Scoot

Drives: '07 Yaris liftback
Put my deposit down on April 18th for a white 5sp LB. Still waiting here in Albuquerque.
Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:06 AM   #45
sroberts

Keep posting those lead times. BTT
Old 07-03-2006, 02:31 PM   #46
toyotafan

Drives: toyota corolla s waiting for
Still waiting!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroberts
Keep posting those lead times. BTT
Still waiting here ordered 2007 yaris sedan aero package April 6th delivery date now July 18th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
toyotafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:54 PM   #47
PixieDawn

Drives: Yaris 2007, Eclipse 2000
Almost here!!!

I ordered 2 door hatch (black sand pearl) w/ conv package on June 9th, was told would be here between July 3rd - July 9th.... will update once its in
PixieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:28 AM   #48
michelle

Drives: Dodge Neon ACR
Since many shipments come in through Houston, do you think the Houston lots would have more in-stock or a wider variety??? I just may need to check their inventory.
michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:15 AM   #49
costaricandreams
Raggamuffin

Drives: Yaris Latchback 2007
After talking with a guy by email who wants to buy my Yari, I have decided to share some fun details on how you can cut in line of those who have a security deposit.

First, all dealers will want at least a $500.00 deposit. Make sure you get it in writing they they must give you a full refund if they don't sell you car by a specific time. They are like dogs and want to mark you as being theirs. Use a credit card and give them very specific fully loaded options for what you want. Finding a manual Latchback with a power package should do the trick. There are only 2 in all of the Southeast Toyota's territory right now, as of 07-14-06. Tell them you are unwilling to accept anything without those options and you don't want to order and wait 6 months from Japan. Also tell them you are going to look around and see if you can find another Yari before them. Offer to have them try and get a Yaris transfered to their dealership to sell it to you, if you find another one.

Then start fishing at you local dealerships and get a sales person or two working for you. First go out for a test drive. Hopefully they will have one of the new 4 door sedans available. There are lots of them coming off the boat in Florida. Look the salesperson in the eye and hand them a printout of a Yaris that's located somewhere in Southeast Toyota's inventory. Tell them that if they can get this car you will buy it right now! This will get those greedy fucks going! They are hungry little salespeople looking to pull the carpet out from under anyone out there to make a buck. They will also want a 500.00 deposit. Promise to give it to them but complain about how you have already put down money at the other dealership. Tell them you need to talk with your wife/husband first, but they are at work and you don't want to be spreading cash all over town. They will verify it somehow behind your back. They will keep calling you after they know you are a serious buyer asking for your deposit money to lock you in. They will try and get you to sign a purchase agreement. Don't do it. Keep promising to give a deposit but never budge. Not giving this deposit is going to be the key to landing your Yari of choice, as I'll explain later.

Next you need to learn Southeast Toyota's distributor inventory system. Go to a specific dealer's homepage and search for the Yaris. The list is huge but only the first 3 or so are actually going to arrive at that dealership. You can tell if a car has been allocated from the distributor to the dealership who's web page you entered from by looking at the VIN#. If the VIN # displays fully, and not just the last 4 or so digits on the car you selected. Then you are looking at a car that will arrive to that dealership. Then pay attention to the cars arrival date. You can search for all the dealerships listed and verify their inventory through www.toyota.com. But searching all of them for the specific VIN you want out of the inventory is next to impossible. A dealership will not tell you what other dealer has the car allocated to it, because they want to sell you a car. The car is in such high demand, no dealer will be willing to trade out a manual Yaris Latchback with power right now.

After you spot the Yari you want and have found where its arriving, its time to play the chump card to the dealer. First call the dealership who is getting the car, and let the salesperson you contacted before that you may come out and take a look at it when it arrives. Tell them that its not the one you really want, because it doesn't have all the options; but maybe, just maybe you'll buy it, if it turns out to catch your eye.

Then show up at the hour the dealership opens first thing. Your Yaris will be there waiting for you. It will probably be around back, because its reserved for someone with a security deposit. You have not given a deposit to them yet and they know you already have a deposit at the other dealership. This is where the boss will see another opportunity to make a buck. The Yaris you are looking at has already been reserved by someone with a security deposit at the dealership you don't have one with. The sales people know you are going to buy a car. The only question is, who will it be from? Them or their competition. In the end, they just want to sell as many cars as possible. After all, car salesmen dick people over all day long for a living, and this is just another way for them to screw someone over. Their consciences became desensitized along time ago anyhow. So, they will call the poor sap who put a security deposit on the car and tell him/her there was some problem and it could be another week before the car comes in. After signing a purchase agreement. The salesperson will run outside and snatch the sticker off the window to claim the sale ,and they will speed it around back to have it "detailed" -- away from the eyes of the person on the way to pick up their promised car.

That's right! You got the car and not the person with the deposit because the big fat cat in the back who your salesperson sucks off every 10 min. during negotiations wants to steal his competitors business. All the while the waiting line just gets longer. But not for you. Be prepared to pay MSRP, but hopefully they won't screw you by putting the worthless Toyoguard option on it that drives the price up almost 1k to increase their profit margin before and after the sale with "dealer holdback."

Also get a preapproved finance check from Capital One financing. Then you can mean it when you say that you will buy the car right then, because you can. Then don't tell them how much your APR is from your preapproved loan. They will try and beat it out of you, but don't budge. You can then name your APR and they will scramble to find favors from people to extend the loan to you themselves. There is alot of money to be made in lending. Take one look at www.bankrate.com and pull up an amortization table. Its kinda sad really.

I just feel bad for that girl who came in looking for her Yaris that morning. She looked so sad as they gave her another brochure.

costaricandreams@hotmail.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yo! I don't need no stinken' Ferrari, cause I'm flippen' my Yari. And then I'll get another one and another one and another one..... The tale moves on..... Straight pimpen' .... in my bad ass Yari.... That's a wrap....
costaricandreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 07:28 PM   #50
sroberts

So are the lead times looking any better these days? Are there more on the lots? I've had mine for a few months now but I was just curious how its looking.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:45 PM   #51
Driver

Drives: 07 Yaris silver manual sedan
I ordered a manual sedan and it took 9 weeks. Well worth the wait. Everybody who sees and rides in the car love it as much as I do. Love the fact that this fill-up I'm over 200 miles and still have more than a half a tank. When I fill up next I'll have an accurate MPG to report. The wait is worth it.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:15 AM   #52
KSIbucky

Drives: 2007 Yaris manual dark silver
Send a message via AIM to KSIbucky Send a message via MSN to KSIbucky
sure
Blitz exhaust
Megan Lowering Springs
(Next is DC Header)
KSIbucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:15 AM   #53
KSIbucky

Drives: 2007 Yaris manual dark silver
Send a message via AIM to KSIbucky Send a message via MSN to KSIbucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by costaricandreams
After talking with a guy by email who wants to buy my Yari, I have decided to share some fun details on how you can cut in line of those who have a security deposit.

First, all dealers will want at least a $500.00 deposit. Make sure you get it in writing they they must give you a full refund if they don't sell you car by a specific time. They are like dogs and want to mark you as being theirs. Use a credit card and give them very specific fully loaded options for what you want. Finding a manual Latchback with a power package should do the trick. There are only 2 in all of the Southeast Toyota's territory right now, as of 07-14-06. Tell them you are unwilling to accept anything without those options and you don't want to order and wait 6 months from Japan. Also tell them you are going to look around and see if you can find another Yari before them. Offer to have them try and get a Yaris transfered to their dealership to sell it to you, if you find another one.

Then start fishing at you local dealerships and get a sales person or two working for you. First go out for a test drive. Hopefully they will have one of the new 4 door sedans available. There are lots of them coming off the boat in Florida. Look the salesperson in the eye and hand them a printout of a Yaris that's located somewhere in Southeast Toyota's inventory. Tell them that if they can get this car you will buy it right now! This will get those greedy fucks going! They are hungry little salespeople looking to pull the carpet out from under anyone out there to make a buck. They will also want a 500.00 deposit. Promise to give it to them but complain about how you have already put down money at the other dealership. Tell them you need to talk with your wife/husband first, but they are at work and you don't want to be spreading cash all over town. They will verify it somehow behind your back. They will keep calling you after they know you are a serious buyer asking for your deposit money to lock you in. They will try and get you to sign a purchase agreement. Don't do it. Keep promising to give a deposit but never budge. Not giving this deposit is going to be the key to landing your Yari of choice, as I'll explain later.

Next you need to learn Southeast Toyota's distributor inventory system. Go to a specific dealer's homepage and search for the Yaris. The list is huge but only the first 3 or so are actually going to arrive at that dealership. You can tell if a car has been allocated from the distributor to the dealership who's web page you entered from by looking at the VIN#. If the VIN # displays fully, and not just the last 4 or so digits on the car you selected. Then you are looking at a car that will arrive to that dealership. Then pay attention to the cars arrival date. You can search for all the dealerships listed and verify their inventory through www.toyota.com. But searching all of them for the specific VIN you want out of the inventory is next to impossible. A dealership will not tell you what other dealer has the car allocated to it, because they want to sell you a car. The car is in such high demand, no dealer will be willing to trade out a manual Yaris Latchback with power right now.

After you spot the Yari you want and have found where its arriving, its time to play the chump card to the dealer. First call the dealership who is getting the car, and let the salesperson you contacted before that you may come out and take a look at it when it arrives. Tell them that its not the one you really want, because it doesn't have all the options; but maybe, just maybe you'll buy it, if it turns out to catch your eye.

Then show up at the hour the dealership opens first thing. Your Yaris will be there waiting for you. It will probably be around back, because its reserved for someone with a security deposit. You have not given a deposit to them yet and they know you already have a deposit at the other dealership. This is where the boss will see another opportunity to make a buck. The Yaris you are looking at has already been reserved by someone with a security deposit at the dealership you don't have one with. The sales people know you are going to buy a car. The only question is, who will it be from? Them or their competition. In the end, they just want to sell as many cars as possible. After all, car salesmen dick people over all day long for a living, and this is just another way for them to screw someone over. Their consciences became desensitized along time ago anyhow. So, they will call the poor sap who put a security deposit on the car and tell him/her there was some problem and it could be another week before the car comes in. After signing a purchase agreement. The salesperson will run outside and snatch the sticker off the window to claim the sale ,and they will speed it around back to have it "detailed" -- away from the eyes of the person on the way to pick up their promised car.

That's right! You got the car and not the person with the deposit because the big fat cat in the back who your salesperson sucks off every 10 min. during negotiations wants to steal his competitors business. All the while the waiting line just gets longer. But not for you. Be prepared to pay MSRP, but hopefully they won't screw you by putting the worthless Toyoguard option on it that drives the price up almost 1k to increase their profit margin before and after the sale with "dealer holdback."

Also get a preapproved finance check from Capital One financing. Then you can mean it when you say that you will buy the car right then, because you can. Then don't tell them how much your APR is from your preapproved loan. They will try and beat it out of you, but don't budge. You can then name your APR and they will scramble to find favors from people to extend the loan to you themselves. There is alot of money to be made in lending. Take one look at www.bankrate.com and pull up an amortization table. Its kinda sad really.

I just feel bad for that girl who came in looking for her Yaris that morning. She looked so sad as they gave her another brochure.

costaricandreams@hotmail.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yo! I don't need no stinken' Ferrari, cause I'm flippen' my Yari. And then I'll get another one and another one and another one..... The tale moves on..... Straight pimpen' .... in my bad ass Yari.... That's a wrap....
thats what she said
Blitz exhaust
Megan Lowering Springs
(Next is DC Header)
KSIbucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 02:19 AM   #54
KittenRD

Drives: Metallic Meteorite Liftback
Send a message via AIM to KittenRD
I ordered mine August 15 and it is due in December 15th.
KittenRD is offline   Reply With Quote