Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-23-2009, 06:04 PM   #1
Yawesh

Drives: 08 sedan at
pretty impressed with yaris ergonomics

the seat position level is even with the road. my butt doesn't hurt from hours of driving.

i have had cars where my butt hurts within one hour of driving. some car seats are sloped way to back, making you need to lunge forward to look, and even moving the seat all the way up is no good.

some cars hood design is so bad that you can barely see what's in front of you.

also.........

the back seats are perfect! toyota makes perfect use of space in the rear. if you notice, the sedan yaris rear seats are nice and even and does not angle too much to the back. some cars waste space by angling it the wrong way(i dink the camry is like that)
Yawesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:28 PM   #2
NJBob

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback
Lightbulb

I find the seats comfortable as well. However, the distance to the floor for my left leg is too short and to the steering wheel is too long. When I cruise I hold the wheel at the bottom but when I need to turn I actually have to lean forward. I'm 6' 2" and there should be an ideal setting for me. The wheel should telescope and the seat should go back another notch or two. Just my two centavos. But I still like my lil' Yaris.
NJBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 04:54 AM   #3
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
Just came from a thread that was talking about the Sedan's driver seat being "too hard". Glad to see someone likes it for a change

I'm 6'1", so I agree that the LB can feel a little cramped at times for those same reasons... Could also use an armrest too

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 05:19 AM   #4
ZING

Drives: Yaris '09,GTi '09, BMW 3.30ci
I only sat in the back once, when I went to the dealer to pick up my car. But usually the words I get from my bck passengers are, " wow I am so surprised by the space here!" hehe

And front sets work great for me, I'm 6'0".
ZING is offline   Reply With Quote