Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2016, 04:25 PM   #1
Gagi

Drives: Yaris 1.33 vvti 2015
Yaris 2015 Cruise Control & Speed Limiter in one stalk

And ASL stands for The Adjustable Speed Limit. Hello to everyone, this is my first thread I ever made, anywhere.
Big "thank you" to CTScott, who inspired me to make things his way.
I own Yaris 2015 1.33-VVTi Active 1NR-FE that comes in package without Cruise Control and ASL. And that's what I thought...
After thoroughly examination of Cruise Control threads here on YarisWorld, I had to test is Cruise Control System really there (clutch Start and End position switch factory installed).
So after short connecting pins 3 & 4 (z7 connector under the steering wheel airbag) I got the Cruise Control light on.
Z7.png
15.jpg

Green light to obtain stalk . I knew if there was Cruise Control hidden, there has to be speed limiter (ASL) as well. This is a nice feature for local driving where you can easily overdrive and then... I found almost nothing about this feature on the internet (for Yaris and on forums). It's command button is located on steering wheel's right side.
02.jpg

First I had to make sure that wire for ASL exist. In diagram, it is light green wire on position 11 of F5 connector. Since this is a manual transmission, shift pad installation is not present.
03.png

And again, using CTScott's method of examining the F5 connector hidden under the steering wheel cover, there it was, light green wire on pos. 11.
F5.png
04.jpg

After short connecting pins 11(ASL) and 2(ECC) I got the ASL light on (with ignition switched to ON)
14.jpg

Looking at the diagram, and later by examining pins, position 11 goes to position 4 of the z-2 connector in steering wheel, but of course, no wiring
z 2 pm.png
06.jpg

I was really hoping that there was a hidden button on the PCB, but of course there is not...
To make this work, you need complete set of wiring and steering commands that is sold as a one part and price...
07.jpg
08.jpg
09.jpg

Position is present but no wire. They could supply those LED's too, Nissan Micra has them... Btw this yellow ECC connects to the pin5(z2) that connects to the empty pin 12(f5)???
10.jpg

Considering the investment and to find it second hand (holy Grail is more common to find) I was saying goodbye to ASL .
And then I thought, how to implement ASL into the CC stalk?
What I intend to do is to install a small push button in front of the stalk, (bit bigger and black)
13.jpg

pull the wire and then use pins 1 and 4 of z7 connector. (Pin 2(z7) is the horn as well as the blue wire pin 1(z2))
12.jpg

To make this work, I will have to move the light green ASL wire from the pin 11 to the empty pin 7 of f5 connector.
11.jpg
Pin 7(f5) connects to pin 1(z7) and pin 4(z7) is already ECC.

Last edited by Gagi; 10-21-2016 at 12:27 AM.
Gagi is offline   Reply With Quote