Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-22-2013, 01:59 AM   #19
tooter
play every day

Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousDragon View Post
Ok that's something I now know here is another question though, is there any way to reprogram the sensor or the ECU to match the tubing I have now so I don't have to switch it at all?
Not that I know of... but there are many others here who know a lot more about electronic tuning than I do. I only operate within the parameters of the stock ECU.

Quote:
Honesty I like the 3 inch diameter tubing look and sound. I tripped the check engine again after a few times of starting the car but the damn thing runs like a beast with the setup I have and sounds like a monster. The only two draw backs other than the cel is the traction control and the cruise control not responding at all. Curious lil twist for just installing an intake lol.
Many of the electronic functions overlap and share the same information.

Quote:
Anyway what I want to do is just retune the chips if possible but again it's a new car not used to the way it works. I took pics before I repositioned it and what not but still imma play around with it till I figure out what I can get away with you know what I mean.
Yes, I do.
Man, I've tried try all sorts of offbeat intake experiments. I just make sure that they are not irreversable.

Quote:
So basically imma open another thread here tomorrow about all the things I have done and how the car is responding just for feed back and tips you know. Always good to get advice and what not. But I wanna fix the intake ASAP.

So I drove it around and raced it a bit like I said runnin like a beast. You can feel hear and deff tell the difference with the intake so I wanna leave the setup. But I want to fix the codes and get everything working like it was but with the new intake
If you find a way to do that, be sure to share the information by letting everyone know.

Greg
tooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:02 AM   #20
InfamousDragon
Import King

Drives: 2012 Yaris Le
Lmao yeah I'm a computer techie lol. Well I will play around with it as always but I need a pipe that will fit the maf then you got one haha I could use it right now lol
InfamousDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:57 AM   #21
suckerface
#1 Lemming

Drives: Light Blue '08 Yaris
I'm sure CTScott will chime in, but as far as I'm aware, you can't reprogram the ECU for the larger pipe diameter at the MAF. If you want to run that size, you'll have to go stand alone or piggy back. Toyota's ECUs have yet to be cracked.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:24 AM   #22
tooter
play every day

Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousDragon View Post
Lmao yeah I'm a computer techie lol. Well I will play around with it as always but I need a pipe that will fit the maf then you got one haha I could use it right now lol
You already have one right now...

It's the plastic casting with the MAF sensor mount on it that's part of the stock air box. If you didn't mind destroying your air box you could cut it off, grind the intake end round, and attach the rest of your intake onto it.
tooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:26 AM   #23
InfamousDragon
Import King

Drives: 2012 Yaris Le
Yep already destroyed it and thought about doin that but gotta do a auto repair for a friend but ill get right on that lol make shift Mickey Mouse fun my kinda work yaaaaaay.

Ok well some good I advise on a stand alone setup and a piggy back for this car would help.

It's runnin good the way I got it now just the cruise and the CEL along with the traction control lmao other than that I'm in beast mode temp haha and sounds super mean
InfamousDragon is offline   Reply With Quote