Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-13-2007, 12:23 AM   #109
barebonedvitz
return of the comeback

Drives: white '08LB..very nice,i like
ey kevin, do you guys plan on comin out wid other yaris parts anytime soon? the shifter was a breeze to install even without the required tools and i love how the feel on it.
barebonedvitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:15 PM   #110
TWM Performance

Drives: 84 GTI, 90 GTR, 97 Si
Quote:
Originally Posted by barebonedvitz View Post
ey kevin, do you guys plan on comin out wid other yaris parts anytime soon? the shifter was a breeze to install even without the required tools and i love how the feel on it.
We basically specialize in short shifters, weighted shift knobs, and shifting accessories so any future releases for the Yaris will likely be related to the shifter. We do plan to release bronzoil shifter cable bushings and a short shift boot in the near future. We are open to suggestions though, if there are any products that you would like to see let us know. I can be reached at sales@twmperformance.com or by phone at 1-877-655-0540.

Thanks!

Kevin
TWM
TWM Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:15 PM   #111
Katana

Drives: Yaris LB 1.3lt 06
Send a message via MSN to Katana Send a message via Yahoo to Katana
This stuff is great.Unfortunately mine needs some minor adjustments in the middle part, cause it is a little bit smaller than the OEM ''hole'' and I have to use something to make up for the smaller part.
Katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:18 PM   #112
d4w1

Drives: Yaris Hatchback
I installed my TWM short shifter last week on my 2007 Yaris hatchback. Do not regret the install. Great shifter. Dremel tool makes it very easy to split the spring clip. Prying off the clip would be a hard task. There is no room to insert a thin blade screwdriver between the floor shifter and the spring clip. Hats off to Toyota for a great factory install job. Be aware not to loose the small plastic locking piece the attaches the the left hand control section cable rod adjuster case.
d4w1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:22 AM   #113
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasilios View Post
So that's two people now who have told me that I'll wear out my synchros due to faster shifting... what's the 411 on this? Thanks...
only if you do not cluch properly, long as the clutch is engaged while shifting you shold be ok
Old 07-30-2007, 11:55 AM   #114
OxyG3nE

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007
Send a message via AIM to OxyG3nE Send a message via MSN to OxyG3nE
i will know soon :p
OxyG3nE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:59 PM   #115
Sleeksedan
Hot2Trot

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan Aero package
hey guys i installed a TWM 2 weeks ago and i was complaining about 3rd gear grinding. The shifter was installed after the grinding but if you have a synchro problem get your tranny looked at first. toyota hates the short shifter. i reinstalled my stock one before i took it in but they knew right away i had fucked with it. Luckily i work for the dealership so i just got a few rolling eyes. But the ss KICKS ASS! i did the bushings too and they are worth it. who knew that 4 mounts could make a difference. THANKS TWM
Old 08-02-2007, 01:11 PM   #116
TWM Performance

Drives: 84 GTI, 90 GTR, 97 Si
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeksedan View Post
...the ss KICKS ASS! i did the bushings too and they are worth it. who knew that 4 mounts could make a difference. THANKS TWM

Glad to hear you guys are enjoying the short shifter and base bushings!

Kevin
TWM
TWM Performance is offline   Reply With Quote