Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-19-2010, 07:55 PM   #1
devinlamothe

Drives: '07 Yaris HB
Question Service Questions

Alright well it's time for some service and I have a couple of questions. Keep in mind I am at 161,000km.

Is the maintenance option worth it? (Checking valve clearance, fuel lines, etc) Or am I better off to do just a basic oil change?

Transmission fluid flush - is it worth it? I haven't had any service done on it yet as at 96,000km they said the fluid is fine.

Other things I have planned are new shocks (thanks Garm!), new tires, and new brake pads.

Prices inc. tax:

Maintenance option w/synthetic oil: $180
Synthetic oil change: $89
Transmission fluid flush: $113
devinlamothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:27 PM   #2
captaincrunch
Chris

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Me personally, I would diy maintenance. Sometimes mechanics throw bogus stuff at you. You might want to do a radiator flush too. Get some good fuel injector cleaner. As far as the fuel lines you can check that yourself and see the condition. You could check the valve clearance too, but if your car is running good, it'll be fine. Spark plugs should be changed as well, don't forget that..yaris calls for iridium. If you need anyhelp don't be afraid to drop me a line. By the way...Are you watching the NHL playoffs?..Montreal just wooped the Capitals but it should all be a good run.
captaincrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:29 PM   #3
captaincrunch
Chris

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
lol...I was was looking on the wrong game. its not Montreal and Capitals..
captaincrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:36 PM   #4
devinlamothe

Drives: '07 Yaris HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincrunch View Post
lol...I was was looking on the wrong game. its not Montreal and Capitals..
Haha no worries.

I've already had the coolant flushed & I changed the spark plugs myself at 100,000km. Plus I change the engine air filter whenever it starts looking dirty.

Car is running fine except for my tires which are in horrible condition. Which is why I have some new one's on order.
devinlamothe is offline   Reply With Quote