Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-01-2006, 03:05 AM   #1
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Drives: Yaris RS 5DR / Vitz RS wannabe
Yaris RS + Rally Style Spoiler .. possible?

I noticed that for the Yaris RS spec, there is an included spoiler.

I am wondering if it is possible for one to purchase a Yaris RS and have the Rally Style Spoiler mounted instead of the standard RS spoiler? Furthermore, can this be done at the dealer level?

The Rally spoiler has a great look, and I'd take that over the standard RS spoiler.
bigsky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 07:00 AM   #2
jcove

Drives: 2011 Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsky2
I noticed that for the Yaris RS spec, there is an included spoiler.

I am wondering if it is possible for one to purchase a Yaris RS and have the Rally Style Spoiler mounted instead of the standard RS spoiler? Furthermore, can this be done at the dealer level?

The Rally spoiler has a great look, and I'd take that over the standard RS spoiler.
Yes the dealer will install the rally spoiler for you. If you haven't picked it up yet, talk to your sales person and see what they come up with. The dealer will benifit by having the RS style spoiler in stock, if someone purchasing a CE or LE decides to get that type of spoiler. You may be able to talk them into doing it at no extra charge. Not saying they will, but doesn't hurt to ask, right?
jcove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:31 PM   #3
hoahmaru

Drives: 2007 White Yaris RS B Pac.
I'll be getting my Yaris RS at the end of this month and i'am gonna change the the standard spoiler to the rally style one. The sales person said he would do it at no extra charge. Maybe because I'am good friend with one of his good friend. But the difference in price is only about $60 - $70 for the rally style spoiler, so you can just try to talk the sales guy into it.
hoahmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 05:31 PM   #4
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Drives: Yaris RS 5DR / Vitz RS wannabe
Thank you for the info!

I will discuss this option with the dealer and try to have the rally spoiler included at little or no charge.

Wish me luck!
bigsky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 09:19 PM   #5
YARISinWHITE

Drives: 07 Yaris RS-B 5doors
I just put on the Rally Style spoiler on my 07 Yaris RS. After they remove the original spoiler it left 6 small holes from 1/2 inch or 1 inch wide and they need to repair them before they can put the rally spoiler. It's nightmare, but it is something that can be done. Just my piece of advise.
YARISinWHITE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 12:40 AM   #6
hoahmaru

I asked my salesguy to do that for me but he advise me not too because it will leave holes in the car which eventually might leak water or rust if not patched in properly. So I went without it. I'am starting to like the standard spoiler.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:52 AM   #7
DJ_SpaRky
Resident Scion Guy

Drives: 2008 Mazda3 S Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by YARISinWHITE
I just put on the Rally Style spoiler on my 07 Yaris RS. After they remove the original spoiler it left 6 small holes from 1/2 inch or 1 inch wide and they need to repair them before they can put the rally spoiler. It's nightmare, but it is something that can be done. Just my piece of advise.
Thanks for the heads-up, I guess that I'll wait to get the C-West one.

Last edited by DJ_SpaRky; 03-24-2006 at 07:21 AM.
DJ_SpaRky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:44 AM   #8
YARISinWHITE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoahmaru
I asked my salesguy to do that for me but he advise me not too because it will leave holes in the car which eventually might leak water or rust if not patched in properly. So I went without it. I'am starting to like the standard spoiler.
I agree it might not worth to do that but after I installed the Rally spoiler, I'm gald that I did it. It is such a big different in look. (original spoiler is only ~1 inch thick and rally is after 4 inches, it addes more look at the rear). I can post a picture if you guys want for reference.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:46 AM   #9
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Please do. Pics are good.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 08:53 PM   #10
YARISinWHITE

Here's the look with Rally Spoiler, sorry for the picture quality.
Attached Images

Old 03-23-2006, 10:05 PM   #11
blueajee

Drives: 07 Yaris RS
Quote:
YARISinWHITE, Could you show where are 6 small holes? cux i also want to DIY install the spoiler. I may fix the holes by myself. Thank you
blueajee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 10:31 PM   #12
LAHAL

Drives: 07 Yaris RS B package Manuel
Hey YARISinWHITE, how big r your wheels? 16 or 17?
LAHAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 11:20 PM   #13
birdy
I stay G'd Up

Drives: 02 wrx wagon
Send a message via AIM to birdy
wow hot white yaris
birdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 11:31 PM   #14
YARISinWHITE

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueajee
YARISinWHITE, Could you show where are 6 small holes? cux i also want to DIY install the spoiler. I may fix the holes by myself. Thank you
The red circles are the holes, middle two are very small (1cm) & the rest four almost 1 inch big.

For LAHAL: 17" 205-40-17 (tried to put on 18" 215-35-18 but will scratch the inside wall when turn)

p.s. even 17" will scratch the inside wall if you turn the steeling all the way to left (but won't scratch if I turn all the way to right side, don't know why)
Attached Images

Old 03-23-2006, 11:50 PM   #15
hoahmaru

Quote:
Was Heninger willing to exchange the standard spoiler for the rally style spoiler at no cost or did you have to buy the rally spoiler separately? The rally style spoiler looks really good, I might want to change the standard spoiler to the rally spoiler, just trying to find the cheapest way to do so.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:47 AM   #16
echo_hrs
Around the universe...

Drives: Uber-Evolved Pokemon
Quote:
p.s. even 17" will scratch the inside wall if you turn the steeling all the way to left (but won't scratch if I turn all the way to right side, don't know why)
Probably because the left side suspension is damped more with you sitting in the drivers seat. Try it with a passenger it will probably rub the right as well...
echo_hrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 01:35 PM   #17
YARISinWHITE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoahmaru
Was Heninger willing to exchange the standard spoiler for the rally style spoiler at no cost or did you have to buy the rally spoiler separately? The rally style spoiler looks really good, I might want to change the standard spoiler to the rally spoiler, just trying to find the cheapest way to do so.
No, Henniger will not take the original spoiler back. (of course) and I paid $365 or something for spoiler and $200 for a body shop to fix those holes for me. Hey, by the way, I saw a white Yaris in Chinatown today morning in front of 'ABC Restaurant', it that your car? Just curious.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:18 PM   #18
hoahmaru

Smile

Quote:
No, Henniger will not take the original spoiler back. (of course) and I paid $365 or something for spoiler and $200 for a body shop to fix those holes for me. Hey, by the way, I saw a white Yaris in Chinatown today morning in front of 'ABC Restaurant', it that your car? Just curious.
I go to that restaurant everyday for breakfast. I was gonna go today but there was something wrong with my engine (an electical malfunction), so I wasn't able to go. My Yaris is a 3 door, the one you saw in Chinatown today is it a 3 door or 5 door I have seen a white 5 door at ABC a couple of times before. Do you go to that restaurant often? If I see a white yaris with a rally style spoiler I'll know it's you.