Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-25-2014, 06:17 PM   #1
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Front Bumper Cover

Im considering removing my front bumper cover to repair the wiring dammage from a minor head on on the left side accident. Horm, right front turnsignal and right Hi beans dont work.

Does anyone have a picture of what the front of the car looks like without it?

Im seriously messed up with back spasms from the accident but want the things to work. It might be a month before the car gets to the shop.

In NJ the only thing they check at inspection is the computer for error codes!

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg buzz 024.jpg (239.3 KB, 84 views)
Old 03-25-2014, 06:28 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
The offer still stands, if you want to make a run up this way for assistance with it (and enviri still has his silver bumper on hand as well).

Here's a picture of what it should look like behind there:

Bumper off.jpg
Old 03-25-2014, 06:31 PM   #3
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Won't be that clean tho. Christ, even the fender liners are shiny.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:36 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
LOL. That was taken when my 09 was only about 1 month old.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:37 PM   #5
bronsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
The offer still stands, if you want to make a run up this way for assistance with it (and enviri still has his silver bumper on hand as well).

Here's a picture of what it should look like behind there:

Attachment 53097
Thanks!

But I dont consider my back good enough yet for that long a trip.

Im seeing the wire harness that runs left to right and was pinched in my accident. It looks like no further trama could have happened to it. Im wondering if the fueses popped? Not sure I want to try to get at them though!
Old 03-25-2014, 07:56 PM   #6
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post
Thanks!

But I dont consider my back good enough yet for that long a trip.

Im seeing the wire harness that runs left to right and was pinched in my accident. It looks like no further trama could have happened to it. Im wondering if the fueses popped? Not sure I want to try to get at them though!
Correct - The harness runs from the under-hood fuse panel across the bumper support to the right side. Chances are that some wires were cut by the impact. You would want to check them out before you even bother with the fuses, as if the fuses popped, the wires have damaged insulation and are making contact where they should not.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:40 PM   #7
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
. When my steelie and tire came from Scott in the mail, I laughed and said to myself - 'either Scott taped this box, or someone at the mailing location who looks at the world the same way he does did' (It was perfect).
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:04 AM   #8
bronsin

Quote:
Correct - The harness runs from the under-hood fuse panel across the bumper support to the right side. Chances are that some wires were cut by the impact. You would want to check them out before you even bother with the fuses, as if the fuses popped, the wires have damaged insulation and are making contact where they should not.

Got it.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:48 AM   #9
jcboy

Drives: Sedan 07
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
. When my steelie and tire came from Scott in the mail, I laughed and said to myself - 'either Scott taped this box, or someone at the mailing location who looks at the world the same way he does did' (It was perfect).
Haha when i got my package for a switch and wire taps from him, i too had the same reaction. it was very neatly done.
jcboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:21 PM   #10
nookandcrannycar

Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcboy View Post
Haha when i got my package for a switch and wire taps from him, i too had the same reaction. it was very neatly done.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:58 PM   #11
CTScott
ULTIMATE

I have a packaging fetish. I buy 5' x 10' sheets of cardboard from a local box manufacturer and make custom packages for any item with a dimension over 12" to minimize the shipping costs. I even developed a custom CAD template where I enter the dimensions of the item and the template tells me exactly where to cut or bend the cardboard.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:23 PM   #12
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
I have a packaging fetish. I buy 5' x 10' sheets of cardboard from a local box manufacturer and make custom packages for any item with a dimension over 12" to minimize the shipping costs. I even developed a custom CAD template where I enter the dimensions of the item and the template tells me exactly where to cut or bend the cardboard.
We're definitely not complaining. I think it's great. I love your attention to detail (in everything expressed on this site...which is probably further exemplified in the rest of your life), and I'd imagine many (if not all) other members do as well. I don't think anyone is surprised.....your garage is cleaner and more organized than the inside of many homes (as are your vehicles).
Old 03-27-2014, 06:04 AM   #13
bronsin

Quote:
Wow!