Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-24-2009, 04:13 PM   #19
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
OP won it in an auction, so most likely no warranty.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:31 PM   #20
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
OIC.....

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:30 AM   #21
N9QGS

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to N9QGS Send a message via Yahoo to N9QGS
They always say during the winter to run your A/C once or twice, I have always done this, I guess critical parts of A/C system system could fail if not used over time, not sure how the system works, but I have not had a problem following this advice. Hope its a simple fix. Ron
Old 06-25-2009, 05:46 PM   #22
silver_echo
ekodrvr

Drives: 2002 white subaru impreza wrx
Quote:
Originally Posted by N9QGS View Post
They always say during the winter to run your A/C once or twice, I have always done this, I guess critical parts of A/C system system could fail if not used over time, not sure how the system works, but I have not had a problem following this advice. Hope its a simple fix. Ron
a large percentage of newer vehicles are designed to use the a/c compressor when defrost is turned on, both to keep the a/c system operating, and also to remove the water from the air that you are trying to use to remove the moisture from the windshield...

i like this smiley...
silver_echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:53 PM   #23
Tarshatron92

Drives: Toyota Yaris yr
I have an 09 yaris yr bought second hand from a dealer. A dumb ass reversed into my front end back in june denting my bumper (this was in winter time) by summer time a few months later after being fixed my air con was cutting in and out blowing hot air randomly. Then in november i was involved in another accident causing a lot more damage to the front left of my bumper. The air con after my yaris being fixed a second time was royally effed was blowing hot air constantly.

From the first accident there was a scratch on either the condenser or the compressor and the block at the repairer said it may have jumped forward in the jolt of the first collison and stuffed it up somehow so i would be covered under my comprehensive insurance.

The bloke at the air con shop looked it over thinking it was the wiring or something, it worked for a week, he didnt tell me what he did. He just said yaris' are common for air con not working and it may be the computer system not letting the air con start up?
He is now saying the air con problem was not caused by the first accident when it first started playing up and that i will have to go to the dealer i got it from and will need to get them to do whatever and pay a shit tone so it to be fixed..

I have no clue on what the hell is actually wrong with it but i do know that it WAS caused by the first accident somehow. HELP!
Tarshatron92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:30 PM   #24
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarshatron92 View Post
I have an 09 yaris yr bought second hand from a dealer. A dumb ass reversed into my front end back in june denting my bumper (this was in winter time) by summer time a few months later after being fixed my air con was cutting in and out blowing hot air randomly. Then in november i was involved in another accident causing a lot more damage to the front left of my bumper. The air con after my yaris being fixed a second time was royally effed was blowing hot air constantly.

From the first accident there was a scratch on either the condenser or the compressor and the block at the repairer said it may have jumped forward in the jolt of the first collison and stuffed it up somehow so i would be covered under my comprehensive insurance.

The bloke at the air con shop looked it over thinking it was the wiring or something, it worked for a week, he didnt tell me what he did. He just said yaris' are common for air con not working and it may be the computer system not letting the air con start up?
He is now saying the air con problem was not caused by the first accident when it first started playing up and that i will have to go to the dealer i got it from and will need to get them to do whatever and pay a shit tone so it to be fixed..

I have no clue on what the hell is actually wrong with it but i do know that it WAS caused by the first accident somehow. HELP!
The Yaris AC system is very basic and easy to diagnose. The most common failures are leaks (easily caused by accident) and bad pressure sensor.

Leaks can be tested by measuring the system pressure and doing the dye testing if the system has lost pressure.

The bad pressure sensor would be the one which is mounted to the aluminum tubing under the hood by the sight glass. That can be diagnosed using the toyota service tool and/or by seeing that the system is properly pressurized, yet the compressor quickly cycles off.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:25 PM   #25
Tarshatron92

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
The Yaris AC system is very basic and easy to diagnose. The most common failures are leaks (easily caused by accident) and bad pressure sensor.

Leaks can be tested by measuring the system pressure and doing the dye testing if the system has lost pressure.

The bad pressure sensor would be the one which is mounted to the aluminum tubing under the hood by the sight glass. That can be diagnosed using the toyota service tool and/or by seeing that the system is properly pressurized, yet the compressor quickly cycles off.

The air con place said they did the dye test and it worked for like a day, he then stuffed around with the wiring for a good week or two and it lasted a week. It came cold again the other day but only lasted for 30 minutes while traveling :\

I need to take it back into the repairer as i've made a claim on the first accident and it will most likely go back the the air con place, he said he's going to "get other equiptment off a mate" to check it all out. It's just so frustrating you guys seem to have simple answers but mine, just plergh for the "professionals"
Old 01-05-2014, 08:52 PM   #26
frog13
Tw200--excellent!

Drives: 2010 yaris..absolutely red.
The condensor fan must engage as the A/C unit starts up. Perhaps a hair-line crack in the fan connection "plug"?. Also,check and see if the evaporator is clean as well as the condenser ?. The main switch (the one you engage to turn the unit on / off) could have a faulty connection ?. Just a few thoughts.
frog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:05 AM   #27
Tarshatron92

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog13 View Post
The condensor fan must engage as the A/C unit starts up. Perhaps a hair-line crack in the fan connection "plug"?. Also,check and see if the evaporator is clean as well as the condenser ?. The main switch (the one you engage to turn the unit on / off) could have a faulty connection ?. Just a few thoughts.
My car has been in Thomas brothers for a week, they couldn't find a thing so now it is in Wagga Wagga's "best" air con and radiator shop. They have no idea and the shop is apparently waiting on a diagnostic report. If the dealer can't find anything then what the hell!?
Old 01-22-2014, 03:01 AM   #28
Tarshatron92

Quote:

After two weeks of waiting they are now pointing the finger at the compressor, which may have already been replaced from the previous accident. It was either the condenser or the compressor, the repairer kept getting them mixed up so i have no idea. Do you know where i can get a cheap compressor? Toyota are offering one for $1500+ but are going to look around for cheaper.. But.. they want to make money so most likely will charge me more then they buy it for?
Old 01-22-2014, 04:29 AM   #29
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarshatron92 View Post
After two weeks of waiting they are now pointing the finger at the compressor, which may have already been replaced from the previous accident. It was either the condenser or the compressor, the repairer kept getting them mixed up so i have no idea. Do you know where i can get a cheap compressor? Toyota are offering one for $1500+ but are going to look around for cheaper.. But.. they want to make money so most likely will charge me more then they buy it for?
I am not sure about over there, but here remanufactured ones can be had for $150.

Here's and example off ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2010-To...a2d3b2&vxp=mtr
Old 03-29-2014, 09:56 PM   #30
Tarshatron92

Quote:
I am not sure about over there, but here remanufactured ones can be had for $150.

Here's and example off ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2010-To...a2d3b2&vxp=mtr
Ok so its taken me too long to reply and update, the compressor had already been replaced three times and it's not the compressors fault. They tried saying that my air con was f***ed before any of the accidents and i was lying, that's NRMA trying to get out of it!

The air con is still stuffed and it's only blowing outside air in. I've given up because from here on i will have to pay for someone to stuff around and find nothing wrong and say they don't know