Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-09-2009, 10:22 PM   #1
yarswiss
Albino truck smasher

Drives: '07 Yaris LB Auto
Unhappy I miss her!!!

I've been driving a rental for the last couple of days while my baby gets fixed, and I miss her so much! I never thought that I would miss so many things on a car, but almost everything about my hatch is better than my rental. I was given a Dodge Caliber, and the Yaris just seems so much better. It looks better, handles better, accelerates more smoothly, has a much smaller turning radius, is much easier to park, is better on fuel, has more room in the interior, takes corners better...

Bah humbug! Why couldn't they have another Yaris for rent? I want my baby baaaack!
yarswiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:34 PM   #2
enobmort42
First time DIYer

Drives: '07 LB Polar White
Send a message via AIM to enobmort42
yes! i had to go without Thumper for 5 weeks while he was being fixed! i had a grand prix as my rental and missed EVERYTHING about my car!! everything from the way it looks on the road to the tiny little noise the wipers make when they're fully extended.... =P
Old 03-10-2009, 12:21 AM   #3
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
I had to go 3 months when mine got fixed. My rentals were even worse, a kia rio, and aveo hatch.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:23 AM   #4
jinxor

Drives: Yaris 3dr YRS
When my car was gone for a month, I had to drive a nissan maxima...
A totally different league of car.... Hated it, because it wasnt zippy enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom play View Post
they look in and i tell them "come on man, its stock, its slow, look its ricy as fuck, look at the fur, im a ricer man"
jinxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:26 AM   #5
enobmort42
First time DIYer

Drives: '07 LB Polar White
Send a message via AIM to enobmort42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
I had to go 3 months when mine got fixed. My rentals were even worse, a kia rio, and aveo hatch.
how's that for a slap in the face! O_o
Old 03-10-2009, 01:32 AM   #6
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Really made me appreciate my Yaris! (not that I don't already )
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:54 AM   #7
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
well I should be getting mine back today if I find the time to go 2 months of Yaris withdrawal, it's been tough... Been driving our company pickup truck, walking and hitching rides all this time, it's gonna be goooood to be back in my mobile domain

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:35 AM   #8
*MAD DOG*

Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
well I should be getting mine back today if I find the time to go 2 months of Yaris withdrawal, it's been tough... Been driving our company pickup truck, walking and hitching rides all this time, it's gonna be goooood to be back in my mobile domain
I'd go mad without my car for two months......

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:49 AM   #9
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
1o minutes til we close up the office and I'm off to the garage!!!!!!!

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 03-10-2009, 06:19 AM   #10
*MAD DOG*

Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
Have a drive first, then post some pics of your fixed Yarii

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:46 AM   #11
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

back... she looks gooood (photos later, it's dark now)
They did an excellent job of fixing up the exterior damage, really looks like new (door opens and closes perfectly, all the old dents and scratches gone too)
And what did scare me the most, the steering and suspension, feels just right, even better than before (my steering wheel was very slightly out of alignment, had to be about a degree off-center to have the wheels straight, not anymore!) But it was the evening rush hour so not much chance to stretch her legs and make sure it all feels fine in that department.

Of course, sadly, there's a couple lingering problems... Maybe I just got too used to driving the pickup, or maybe damage went deeper than expected, but there's a couple of problems, firstly, the gear lever feels a lot stiffer than before, really need to push it into each gear... And second I have a pretty bad rattle at idle, though it seems to be only when the car is cold... Gonna have to put it on a lift and check, maybe the exhaust is a little loose. Oh and I kinda got too used to the diesel truck's actual presence of torque at low RPMs... And the high seating position, it just felt weiiird to be so low to the ground again

But, overall, I'm a happy camper, it's nice to FINALLY have my own car back!

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 03-10-2009, 12:31 PM   #12
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
it's strange that nobody gets a yaris as rental. but there are PLENTY of rental yarii on the road.
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote