Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-17-2013, 02:53 PM   #19
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
LA Yaris
Last Activity: 04-09-2013 04:28 PM

Just sad.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:15 PM   #20
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
He requested some time to partially refund me money...I think he spent it as soon as I sent him the fund. I'm giving him time before the 45 days of the original transaction to be able to refund me that money; which is WAY more than a reasonable accommodation on my part.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:26 PM   #21
B2FiNiTY

Drives: Prius C
You're really too nice because it's not really that much money...

Regardless, wish you guys the best of luck.
B2FiNiTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:32 PM   #22
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2FiNiTY View Post
You're really too nice because it's not really that much money...

Regardless, wish you guys the best of luck.
Thanks. I try to be considerate, and I'm hoping he is telling me the truth about his income. Will keep everyone posted.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:14 PM   #23
jcboy

Drives: Sedan 07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
He requested some time to partially refund me money...I think he spent it as soon as I sent him the fund. I'm giving him time before the 45 days of the original transaction to be able to refund me that money; which is WAY more than a reasonable accommodation on my part.
that condition of headlights don't sell for more than 300 pesos here in the philippines, that would probably be around $10 there.

LA Yaris seems to be a long time forum poster, i would assume he is in dire need by trying to make money out of practically nothing. he should have mentioned an AS IS, WHERE IS condition to set proper expectations.

anyway, good luck with the resolution of the matter.
jcboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:31 PM   #24
B2FiNiTY

Drives: Prius C
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcboy View Post
he should have mentioned an AS IS, WHERE IS condition to set proper expectations.
what he should have done is clearly state the condition of the items rather than mislead.
B2FiNiTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:51 PM   #25
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
that condition of headlights don't sell for more than 300 pesos here in the philippines, that would probably be around $10 there.

LA Yaris seems to be a long time forum poster, i would assume he is in dire need by trying to make money out of practically nothing. he should have mentioned an AS IS, WHERE IS condition to set proper expectations.

anyway, good luck with the resolution of the matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by B2FiNiTY View Post
what he should have done is clearly state the condition of the items rather than mislead.

Yes, like B2 said, he should have clearly disclosed any problems with the headlights and taillights, instead of hiding them. As you have seen in the screen cap I provided, he stated he did not modify the headlights in any way, when in fact, he did. That is being dishonest.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:05 AM   #26
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
Wow I hate sellers like this.

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:21 AM   #27
Profotoiam

Drives: yaris
trip out hes beenhere long time and never shown issues

prior
well if these fit a 07 id love to take them off your hands for the price u paid and and cheap shipping once i get my car seats

head lights only
Profotoiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:39 PM   #28
jcboy

Drives: Sedan 07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
Yes, like B2 said, he should have clearly disclosed any problems with the headlights and taillights, instead of hiding them. As you have seen in the screen cap I provided, he stated he did not modify the headlights in any way, when in fact, he did. That is being dishonest.
Yeah, half truths and big lies. Same banana. He was being a smart-a$$ with his answer to your question.

Profotoiam seems to offer you something, but i still hope LA Yaris stands up for his action. Although, you can just give LA Yaris the benefit of a doubt and leave him to fate, then accept Proto's offer.
jcboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:34 PM   #29
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profotoiam View Post
trip out hes beenhere long time and never shown issues

prior
well if these fit a 07 id love to take them off your hands for the price u paid and and cheap shipping once i get my car seats

head lights only
I sure hope they fit an 07 since that's what I have. Haha. But yeah, I'm just going to get a passenger side headlight once he refunds me the portion I asked for. I wouldn't even sell the passenger side given to me as I really don't think it's worth it. It would take too much work, and it would still have 4 plugs. I would not deem that fit for resale.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:40 PM   #30
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Yeah, half truths and big lies. Same banana. He was being a smart-a$$ with his answer to your question.

Profotoiam seems to offer you something, but i still hope LA Yaris stands up for his action. Although, you can just give LA Yaris the benefit of a doubt and leave him to fate, then accept Proto's offer.
Yeah, completely agree with you that half truths and big lies are one and the same. I'm going to give LA Yaris the benefit of a doubt, and give him to a certain date to refund me the money, but I wouldn't ever sell headlights in that condition. Luckily, I think I can use the driverside one, so I will just pick up a passenger side one.