Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2014, 08:44 PM   #1
cregirl90

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Unhappy My Wally stranded me :( '09 Yaris sedan auto

Hey ya'll!

My name is Courtney and I have an '09 Yaris who has really been the most reliable car I have yet to own! Bought it brand new off the lot with 30 miles on it and just finished paying it off this past June (woo hoo!!). I have NEVER had any problems with it since I am ever so grateful to have a gearhead as a fiance ;) He's VERY particular about maintaining his/our vehicles. Including plugs, transmission fluid (twice), PCV valve, and has changed the oil every 3,000 miles. Until today, it was just not enough. As I was turning into my gym parking lot, suddenly the steering wheel light, BRAKE light, airbag light, AND ABS light popped on along with my power steering completely out. As I struggled to strenuously turn into a parking lot, I put the car into park to call my fiance and when I cranked the car back on, I was unable to put the car into reverse, neutral, and/or drive. The turn signals wouldn't work along with the power windows, head unit, and AC/heat. I am at a complete lost. It starts right up, but can't put it into gear, lost the use of some electronic features, and can't steer for shit. Can someone please help?!?!? I just want my Wally to work again :(

Last edited by cregirl90; 12-29-2014 at 08:46 PM. Reason: error
cregirl90 is offline   Reply With Quote