Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-02-2006, 04:55 PM   #37
hoahmaru

Drives: 2007 White Yaris RS B Pac.
I'am 21 and I just bought a White Yaris RS, coming in March 06.
hoahmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 08:29 PM   #38
bs1001

Drives: jeep
i'm 34, i drive a jeep right now. i have had 2 civic hatchbacks in the past.i miss driving a small hatchback. i really like the yaris, it's alittle more sporty looking than the fit, or versa.i love the bayou blue, and the black yaris!!! bs1001
bs1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 01:08 AM   #39
AngryBusDriver

Drives: 2006 Yaris 'B', 3dr
34 here, I bought mine back in November for the long commute to Toronto. So far it's been nothing but thumbs up.
AngryBusDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 01:43 PM   #40
newedgeperf

Drives: Ford Focus
I'm in my 40's and I am interested in the Yaris on a couple issues. I like a small hatchback, er , liftback (excuse me) due to the practicality. I also like the power to weight ratio. I hope it lives up to my expectations. It reminds me of my old VW Rabbit GTi.

Tony D
New Edge Performance
newedgeperf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 02:53 PM   #41
lappie
Specialized Cycles

Drives: Yaris 06 5Dr LE Pkg 'B'
Hi, i'm 41 and planning to order a White Yaris RS 5 doors in March. Sh** i can't stand my Accent anymore......
lappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 05:42 PM   #42
vicpai

Drives: '00 Lexus LS 400/'00 Metro HB
Thumbs up This car is a...

......DREAM-COME-TRUE for me!!!!...I'm talking about the beautiful 150-inch-long, ultra compact LIFTBACK, not the "just-another-useless-boring" SEDAN, for the American masses who are clueless that SMALLER is actually better!! (only stupid people equate BIGGER with always being BETTER )

My present car is a fully loaded 2000 LEXUS LS 400, and while I really love how smooth, quiet, powerful, luxurious etc. it is, I hate to drive it most of the time!!.....WHY, YOU ASK??...SIZE, SIZE and SIZE...I HATE it's LENGTH with a passion!!!! Yeah, It's nice to take it to the park on a Sunday, or a nice jaunt on the freeway for pleasure, but the thought of circling round and round and round, trying to find a parking spot somewhere when I need to GET SOME REAL WORK DONE, sends SHIVERS up and down my spine!!!!.....Secondly, with gas prices hovering at $3.00/gal here in the LA area, and the the very distinct possibility that they will very likely go even higher in the near future, negates any pleasure I get from the "smooth-quiet-luxurious" ride!!!

......so I now have another commuter car, which is a "stipper" 2000 Geo Metro hatchback that I use for everyday commuting in this horrendous city we call Los Angeles (read: parking virtually non-existent everywhere you go, half of all the spots are marked "compact", and roads are so congested, you're lucky to find any space at all to move ) ....I simply am in Love with the Geo's SIZE!!!. At 149.4 inches length I get to park in those teeny tiny spots where 99.9% of all other cars simply have to pass up...I'm talking about those "quasi" spots on the street, where selfish people have parked so badly, so as to waste a ton of space behind and ahead of them!!! Besides that, getting 39mpg in the city and 46 on the highway, I also get to pass by all those gas stations, laughing and sneering at all those other people, each time they spend hundreds of their hard earned money to fill up their Ford Excursions!!

...OK, so what does this have to do with the new Yaris. That's exactly what I'm coming to. While the Geo is small, nice and fuel efficient, it's penalty box in almost every other way. First off, it's not very safe! Then, it's extremely noisy on the freeway sounding like a 747 about to take off, and finally there is it's performance, or lack thereof ... With 3 cylinders, and ONE FULL liter of displacement the engine manages to make 55 horse power making it excruciatingly slow. Freeway merging is enough to give you nightmares for weeks to come (and mind you I have the manual transmission, which is significantly peppier than the automatic, which I simply cannot fathom how anyone drives )

So, until now, there has been no real choice in the US, if you wanted a SUPER COMPACT, REFINED, RELIABLE and ECONOMICAL vehicle!! (note I said reliable, because people are going to jump on me and point out that there's the Mini Cooper and VW beetle...but as I pointed out, these are "non-Japanese" UNRELIABLE heaps of trash, which effectively eliminates them as choices!)

Now enter the vehicle that will replace my Geo Metro:
The amazing TOYOTA YARIS LIFTBACK, a 150-INCH-LONG fabulous, ultra-reliable, reasonably economical, amazingly SAFE (more on this later) vehicle, that has been so shrewdly designed, that it's 60 inch height effectively gives it amazing interior space!!! (headroom etc.), not to mention making it also very safe, because it becomes more "height compatible" in crashes with taller vehicles such as SUVs.....and all of this is attained, while still maintaining AMAZINGLY TIDY EXTERIOR DIMENSIONS!!! ONE WORD: SIMPLY AMAZING, and the answer to my prayers!!!....I'm just drooling all over this vehicle because there is simply no "negatives whatsoever" associated with it...it's an oxymoron of sorts: It's compact yet spacious, it's ultra-small, yet ultra safe!! ..Besides it's tall height, this is the first TOYOTA to be designed with their proprietary MICS (Minimal Intrusion Cabin Structure). First off, it got the highest score of any vehicle in the subcompact segment in the EURO NCAP frontal and side crash tests. Besides this, Toyota says the MICS structure is so strong that it has been designed to meet significantly higher internal Toyota standards, than the standardized tests!! They crashed tested it with a 2-ton vehicle (the weight of a mid size SUV)!!!

So, there you have it in a nutshell: Finally a FANTASTIC choice for those who previously had NONE!! (FYI, the upcoming Honda Fit and Nissan Versa do not come anywhere close to the Yaris Liftback in ALL of the above mentioned aspects)

...Oh, and I forgot, I'm 32 years of age

Last edited by vicpai; 02-05-2006 at 05:54 PM.
vicpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 06:55 PM   #43
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
lol, I had a friend with a auto Geo Metro. If you turned the a/c on, the car couldn't hit 55.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 07:51 PM   #44
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by why?
lol, I had a friend with a auto Geo Metro. If you turned the a/c on, the car couldn't hit 55.
Highway merging will be scary!
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:14 AM   #45
Ziv
It's all about VVTI

Drives: Yaris 5Dr LE White
Quote:
Originally Posted by swng
Highway merging will be scary!
Highway? I have yet to see anybody brave enough to drove that anytime other than hot summer day in the parking lot.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:23 AM   #46
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
I wouldn't call it merging in that car, lol. More like waiting patiently for there to be absolutely no one on the road.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 06:53 PM   #47
swng

Quote:
I wouldn't call it merging in that car, lol. More like waiting patiently for there to be absolutely no one on the road.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:50 PM   #48
flash

Drives: 95 Corolla 275K, 01 Corolla LE
Quote:
haha... had a girlfriend with a Metro once. it would scream on the highway. had to wait til you got off to continue any conversation.

33, have two corollas. 01 and 95 w/ a gazillion miles. I'm gonna have to retire it. Not that I need to though.
flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 10:54 PM   #49
swng

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash
haha... had a girlfriend with a Metro once. it would scream on the highway. had to wait til you got off to continue any conversation.

33, have two corollas. 01 and 95 w/ a gazillion miles. I'm gonna have to retire it. Not that I need to though.
That will give us a good reason to call the Yaris refined; and that is why its fans are not limited to young people. In fact, a lot of middle aged people and seniors like it very much.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:37 PM   #50
ange008
It's just me...

Drives: 2007 Yaris 5door RS w/ Pkg. B
I am turning 22 in a month. I get my Yaris on the 15th of March!
ange008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 06:40 PM   #51
Sp33dY
www.OZTOYOTA.com

Drives: Toyota Echo
Am 25 very soon, and looking to get a Yaris Sedan later this year.
Sp33dY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 07:07 PM   #52
kumquat

Drives: 2007 Copper Orange Yaris LE
23, and waiting for my hatchback to arrive this month!
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 11:31 PM   #53
Mad Munchkin
makeminesilver...I think

Drives: 07 Yaris 5dr-B RS man/silver
32 and getting my Yaris in April which will replace the 92 tercel I just sold...aahhh, the end of an era and the start of a new one! Can't wait!
Mad Munchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 12:16 PM   #54
jcove

Drives: 2011 Rogue
jcove is offline   Reply With Quote