Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-14-2006, 07:36 AM   #1
Wayside

Drives: 07 yaris 5spd sdn
EBAY OEM BUMPER FOG LIGHTS

I know there are a few threads on this topic but can anyone offer an actual review?

06 07 TOYOTA YARIS 4DR SEDAN OEM BUMPER FOG LIGHTS LAMP

Any info appriciated.

Thanks,

Wayside
Wayside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:31 AM   #2
pxpaulx

Drives: Barcelona Red 5spd sedan
i'd like to know too!
pxpaulx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:14 AM   #3
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
I am really close to buying those....but I would upgrade the bulbs to GE Nighthawks.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 03:45 PM   #4
nick1983

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris sedan
Apparently the yaris comes pre wired up for fogs. There are supposed to be plugs behind the empty spots on the bumper.
nick1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 03:50 PM   #5
SimmZ

Drives: 2k3 Cavalier & 2k2 Echo
I'll say, go with it! They look nice, complete, and they are cheap.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:05 PM   #6
fantabulousbaby

Drives: 3 series
Sorry, as I know this doesn't really help, but I bought the same thing from Ebay and it's been sitting due to my busy schedule. They look nice and factory. The box has a pic of Yaris and says Toyota Belta, which is the China version of Yaris, looks exactly the same. (It's made in China). I guess I will install them the same time I get an Inalfa moonroof put it. Can't wait!
fantabulousbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:35 PM   #7
OK Yaris

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Just thought someone should mention that "OEM Style" is different than OEM. Although they may fit, they are not factory Toyota parts, but made by an aftermarket company. - Mike
OK Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:26 PM   #8
paultyler_82

Drives: 07 Meteorite Metallic Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK Yaris
Just thought someone should mention that "OEM Style" is different than OEM. Although they may fit, they are not factory Toyota parts, but made by an aftermarket company. - Mike
I didn't really want to shell out for the OEM Toyota made units, especially since I'll be dissassembling them to retrofit projectors in... you'll just have to wait and see, I plan on posting many pictures of the process and the finished product... I thought about using Hella MicroDE's, however, I've found something else to use, and I think the finished product will look really nice.
paultyler_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 02:28 AM   #9
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
Are there any fog lights that integrate the fog light on/off switch with the stick on the steering wheel that has the headlight controls?
IsLNdbOi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 06:19 AM   #10
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
To heck with the fog lights.

How much for the lady in red at the top left corner?

Hubba hubba!
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 07:00 AM   #11
boxerboy

Drives: WRX ,Tacoma and Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violin
To heck with the fog lights.

How much for the lady in red at the top left corner?

Hubba hubba!
If you have to ask you can't afford her, but you can fantasize.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:22 AM   #12
Wayside

Drives: 07 yaris 5spd sdn
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantabulousbaby
Sorry, as I know this doesn't really help, but I bought the same thing from Ebay and it's been sitting due to my busy schedule. They look nice and factory. The box has a pic of Yaris and says Toyota Belta, which is the China version of Yaris, looks exactly the same. (It's made in China). I guess I will install them the same time I get an Inalfa moonroof put it. Can't wait!
The fact that you have them in hand and say they look good is helpful to me

What do you think of the "OEM switch"?
What size bulbs are they using?
Wayside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 03:38 AM   #13
paeko73

Drives: Yaris "S" Sedan
How do you know that the vehicle comes pre-wired for fogs? Has anyone try hooking the fogs up with "pre-wired" wires? I would imagine that we can just wire-up the fogs, purchase a foglight integrated stalk and replace them by unplugging the non-fog stalk and plugging in the new one. Am I correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick1983
Apparently the yaris comes pre wired up for fogs. There are supposed to be plugs behind the empty spots on the bumper.
paeko73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 10:43 AM   #14
Violin

Can you buy the actual OEM fogs from Toyota (just the parts for self install)? I looked at Sparks and didn't see them.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:45 AM   #15
Violin

Anybody install these yet? Do they come with an aiming mechanism like the factory fogs or do you just have to take what your bumper gives you.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:54 PM   #16
paultyler_82

Yes you can buy the OE units from your Toyota dealership's parts department but they quoted me a 368.72 USD price tag. As for the fog control on the stalk, they didn't have that part available, the parts guy thinks it's only available so far on Yarii that have factory installed fogs, but he also couldn't find a part number for it, so it may not even be available for LHD Yarii... remember, Japanese Vitzes have their stalk controls reversed... so we cant just get the Japanese part.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:46 PM   #17
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Mine did not come stock with the car, but were factory-installed, and there's a button for them on the center console, under the handbrake area, even though there is a fog lamp control on the stalk. I guess this is good, I can turn on the front fogs without blinding people behind me, or vice versa.

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 01:37 AM   #18
paultyler_82

Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
Mine did not come stock with the car, but were factory-installed, and there's a button for them on the center console, under the handbrake area, even though there is a fog lamp control on the stalk. I guess this is good, I can turn on the front fogs without blinding people behind me, or vice versa.
I take it on yours, the button is for the rear fog? Over here, all the kits and dealer installed fogs use a button for the front fogs (Rear fogs are not equipped on US cars, we have two reverse lights instead) What we are trying to figure out is if any USDM Yaris have a stalk-type fog light control... I still haven't seen a US Yaris with factory installed fogs to check if they still use the button, or if they have a stalk control.