Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-13-2015, 04:26 PM   #1
Kalispel

Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
2015 Yaris SE - Rear Sway Bar Standard Equipment?

Is the TRD rear sway bar standard equipment on the 2015 SE?

I know it wasn't on the 2012-2014 SE, but I seem to recall reading somewhere (that I cannot find now) that it was standard equipment on the new 2015 SE refresh.
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 04:26 PM   #2
Kalispel

Anyone know for sure?
Old 05-14-2015, 05:04 PM   #3
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
I really don't believe it does. The only thing I've read is that it has a stiffer torsion beam than prior years.
Old 05-14-2015, 06:00 PM   #4
Kalispel

Bah, one more thing to add to my priority to-do list in August when I pick up my little SE. :)
Old 05-14-2015, 07:52 PM   #5
LTHatch

Drives: 2013 Yaris Hatchback L
Very nice, what color are you choosing? Auto or Manual?
LTHatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 09:41 PM   #6
Kalispel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTHatch View Post
Very nice, what color are you choosing? Auto or Manual?
My first choice is white, but I am open to black or dark-gray as well. Since I live in Arizona, white is the most practical choice, and I really like the clean, elegant white look a lot on most cars. But...black is actually the best-looking color (IMO) for the 2015 Yaris really, since it does a good job of toning down that big, polarizing black grill design - and it is the only color that looks decent with those 2015 SE black/silver OEM "Batman" wheels (which I plan to sell and change-out at first opportunity probably, especially with white car).

I haven't decided on auto or manual yet, though I prefer manual. Every car I have owned so far in my 34-35 years of driving has been a manual Honda/Acura of some type, so this will be my first Toyota, let alone first auto if I go that route. I have to buy auto if I buy locally, since, the closest Yaris SE manuals I found being sold are in Utah or California 500-600+ miles away - meaning that I would have to buy them long-distance and then either have it shipped to me or fly out, pick it up, and drive it back home to Arizona. I'm going to test drive the auto here locally first and see how it feels, before I really decide one way or the other. I guess I am getting old, lol. I know that a properly-tuned Yaris SE manual will be a lot more fun/spirited to drive, and would definitely bring back the fond 80's memories of having a new little 1986 Honda CRX Si to throw around town.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:45 AM   #7
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalispel View Post
My first choice is white, but I am open to black or dark-gray as well. Since I live in Arizona, white is the most practical choice, and I really like the clean, elegant white look a lot on most cars. But...black is actually the best-looking color (IMO) for the 2015 Yaris really, since it does a good job of toning down that big, polarizing black grill design - and it is the only color that looks decent with those 2015 SE black/silver OEM "Batman" wheels (which I plan to sell and change-out at first opportunity probably, especially with white car).

I haven't decided on auto or manual yet, though I prefer manual. Every car I have owned so far in my 34-35 years of driving has been a manual Honda/Acura of some type, so this will be my first Toyota, let alone first auto if I go that route. I have to buy auto if I buy locally, since, the closest Yaris SE manuals I found being sold are in Utah or California 500-600+ miles away - meaning that I would have to buy them long-distance and then either have it shipped to me or fly out, pick it up, and drive it back home to Arizona. I'm going to test drive the auto here locally first and see how it feels, before I really decide one way or the other. I guess I am getting old, lol. I know that a properly-tuned Yaris SE manual will be a lot more fun/spirited to drive, and would definitely bring back the fond 80's memories of having a new little 1986 Honda CRX Si to throw around town.
The first 2015 I saw in person (early Fall 2014 ?) was a white SE with an all black (except faint white stiching on the seats) interior. Very sharp . The only things I didn't like were the 'boy wonder-ish' wheels (which could always be changed), and the backup light at the bottom of the rear bumper (I saw a new Mustang a few days ago that had the backup light in that same location).
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 03:14 PM   #8
Kalispel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
The first 2015 I saw in person (early Fall 2014 ?) was a white SE with an all black (except faint white stiching on the seats) interior. Very sharp . The only things I didn't like were the 'boy wonder-ish' wheels (which could always be changed), and the backup light at the bottom of the rear bumper (I saw a new Mustang a few days ago that had the backup light in that same location).
Yep, I preferred the overall rear design that was pictured in the European pictures of the 2015 Yaris, when first revealed. No lower backup light, nice shape/size reflectors integrated into the lower black "diffuser" trim piece, better-looking taillights (as always!). I hated that rear chrome garnish piece though, and was glad they made it body-colored for the North-American release version as of 2015. Still, I like the rear-end of the 2015 U.S. Yaris (especially versus the 2012-2014) - just not as much as what is pictured below.

http://www.caricos.com/cars/t/toyota...20x1080/6.html

Last edited by Kalispel; 05-15-2015 at 03:46 PM.
Old 05-16-2015, 11:10 AM   #9
428CobraJet

Drives: '09 Yaris 3dr, 13 F150rcsb 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
I really don't believe it does. The only thing I've read is that it has a stiffer torsion beam than prior years.
Same difference? ????
Old 05-26-2015, 09:14 PM   #10
Ben_

Drives: 2010 Yaris Hatch
Manual or gtfo

Lol I Kidd... but seriously
Ben_ is offline   Reply With Quote