Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 10-31-2011, 02:31 AM   #1
Kendrik

Drives: 2011 Yaris Sedan
Adjustable Camber Bolts

I have just received a 15mm Fastcam Adjustable camber bolts as below. My car is a Yaris Sedan. I want to have a -1.5 camber.

Anyone tried the fastcam already?
Can this be used only in the fronts, or even in the rears?

Kendrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:40 AM   #2
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
fronts only. any alignment shop should know how these work. you rotate the bolt to increase/decrease camber.

the rear uses shims
Old 11-02-2011, 07:16 AM   #3
racerb

Drives: 2010 Yaris HB Blazin' Blue
Is there not a camber plate availible yet for these cars? Might be something I need to work on making, as I've made my own for the rear of my Celica!

racerb

This is what I made for the Celica, could possibly come up with something for the Yaris!

'98 Rav4L
'01 Tundra SR5

Last edited by racerb; 11-02-2011 at 07:49 AM.
racerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:36 AM   #4
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
microimage.com has them.

http://shop.microimageonline.com/Cam...hims-75800.htm

-1.5 is max as the discription says.. so i think this is just what your looking for for the rear.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:09 AM   #5
vten

Drives: red bare bone yaris hb 3dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerb View Post
Is there not a camber plate availible yet for these cars? Might be something I need to work on making, as I've made my own for the rear of my Celica!

racerb

This is what I made for the Celica, could possibly come up with something for the Yaris!

Ooh I want that ...

By the way do I need those bolts chamber correction if I lower my car about 2"?? Or the stock can be aligned to the factory spec without those bolts ??
vten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:32 PM   #6
racerb

Once you lower your car it will throw off the camber and the toe, but of the front suspension only. You will need some type of camber adjuster to get it back to factory specs and the toe will also be out of spec due to tie rods from steering rack increasing/decreasing toe. Most times lowering creates more toe in, but depends on the hieght of the steering rack in the chassis.

racerb
'98 Rav4L
'01 Tundra SR5
Old 11-02-2011, 01:46 PM   #7
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
-1.5 is max as the discription says.. so i think this is just what your looking for for the rear.
The camber bolts ADD up to -1.5. Stock allows for about -1.0, so you can go up to about -2.5 in the front with the bolts.

The camber bolts do not work on the rear - we don't have struts back there.

For the rear, you can use the camber/toe shim kit:

A pillow ball top mount would rock, but we would have to trim our cowling on the Yaris to make it happen.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:06 PM   #8
Jason@SportsCar

Drives: 2015 H Production Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
The camber bolts ADD up to -1.5. Stock allows for about -1.0, so you can go up to about -2.5 in the front with the bolts.

The camber bolts do not work on the rear - we don't have struts back there.

For the rear, you can use the camber/toe shim kit:

A pillow ball top mount would rock, but we would have to trim our cowling on the Yaris to make it happen.
The Cusco mount does not require trimming. There is no camber adjustment, but it is still a big improvement over stock. A little tip to make installation easier... Attach the mount to the strut first, then install the mount. You don't have to fight the center bolt then.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:27 AM   #9
racerb

After looking more closely at the Yaris strut towers (which I had failed to do), it would be pretty difficult to use a standard camber plate set up. This does not mean it is impossible, as I've modified strut towers many time before (race only applications). Removing the raised center would be a must, as would finding a very short strut body assembly, which with Koni Shocks in mind, wouldn't be too hard. Also, Ground Control comes to mind when coming up with custom camber/caster plates, cause thats what they do best. I'm still looking for a suitable candidate for my future Yaris DD/Track machine, but my mind is already filled with mod ideas!!!

racerb
'98 Rav4L
'01 Tundra SR5
Old 11-03-2011, 11:23 AM   #10
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

^ You should get a site award for "Most Contributions Before Owning the Car".
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:49 PM   #11
Jason@SportsCar

When we were first building the 99 car the guys at AST considered modifying a set of Renault Clio tops. The Clio uses a similar body mount, although the size is a bit different. But since the bias-ply race tires we run don't need camber, we did not pursue experimenting with them.

Another option may be modding something from a VW/Audi, some of them have a similar mount.

AST Clio

Ground Control VW R32
Old 11-03-2011, 01:36 PM   #12
03Z33

Drives: TCR10
Those ground control plates are junk from my experience.

I used the EurosportAcc camber plates on my old MKIII VW, it requires you to shave down the "hump" and bolt on the camber plate. Benefits are:

1. You can stack shims under the plates to increase suspension travel on very low cars
2. You can mount the plate at an angle to also allow caster change.
3. Upper strut bearing is oversized to fit larger race shocks (I ran koni race inserts)

They also make similar ones for the Focus which may fit the Yaris better. I remember looking into it at the time but really had no need for these since I was getting over -3.0 deg negative camber just by using the adjustable camber bolts and being set up pretty low. That was plenty for the R-compound tires I was running like RA1's and 555's.

03Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:58 PM   #13
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

For anyone who does both road and drag racing, plates would be a huge help.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:57 PM   #14
Jason@SportsCar

Those are all way to big for the Yaris towers, they have very little flat area. To use a flat camber plate would require welding in more material, not impossible, just not easy. A puck style would be a better solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Z33 View Post
Those ground control plates are junk from my experience.

I used the EurosportAcc camber plates on my old MKIII VW, it requires you to shave down the "hump" and bolt on the camber plate. Benefits are:

1. You can stack shims under the plates to increase suspension travel on very low cars
2. You can mount the plate at an angle to also allow caster change.
3. Upper strut bearing is oversized to fit larger race shocks (I ran koni race inserts)

They also make similar ones for the Focus which may fit the Yaris better. I remember looking into it at the time but really had no need for these since I was getting over -3.0 deg negative camber just by using the adjustable camber bolts and being set up pretty low. That was plenty for the R-compound tires I was running like RA1's and 555's.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:31 PM   #15
racerb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
^ You should get a site award for "Most Contributions Before Owning the Car".
I have been looking all over for the exact Yaris I want, but finding a 3 door, manual, no-power anything, 2007-2008 is proving quite difficult!! Most cars I'm finding are autos and have electric door and window controls. It seems there are lots of lazy people driving Yaris's on this coast!

I really like the thought of owning a Yaris, cause it is so simular to the 1200 Civic I owned and raced back in the '80s.

racerb
'98 Rav4L
'01 Tundra SR5
Old 02-18-2012, 01:14 AM   #16
Kendrik

Drives: 2011 Yaris Sedan
can anyone post DIY pics on how to properly install the camber bolts? illustration is great, but actual pics on a negative camber setting would be better. Thanks for the help :)
Kendrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:24 PM   #17
vten

Drives: red bare bone yaris hb 3dr
^ this
vten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:53 AM   #18
DeathBeard

Drives: 2010 Yaris S
I was running the fastcam bolts and they slipped on me more than one occasion. I probably installed them wrong, hated dealing with the tab thingy..Considering going with H&R

Proverbs 16:9
DeathBeard is offline   Reply With Quote