Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2009, 01:39 PM   #1
DevilGirl

Drives: 09 3dr LB MT
GPS

What GPS units does everyone have?

My commute to work is such an issue at times. By the time I get back to my car, it's too late for me to catch the traffic reports from the local radio stations. My iPhone works well at times, but while I'm driving, I can't be opening the map app to check on traffic (which isn't that accurate anyway).

I've been doing some researching. I'm bouncing between a TomTom Go 740 LIVE, TomTom Go 630, Garmin Nuvi 1350T, Garmin Nuvi 265wt. My concerns are the cost of the initial product, the monthly service (TomTom subscriptions for the traffic updates), and how the unit will be charged. It's very difficult to really know how I can set the GPS up in my car when I can't see the different ports on the product, how it's charged, and in the case of the Go 630 and the nuvi 265wt, where to plug in the optional/additional traffic receiver.

As far as I can remember, the 09 3dr LB only has 1 power outlet. I know I can always get a splitter for it, but I would be concerned about shorting it out (I've done that before).

Car bought 8/7/09. Now over 89k miles of trouble free driving, other than user error!!
DevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote