Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2010, 08:58 AM   #1
DevilGirl

Drives: 09 3dr LB MT
heater control box issue

Well, my car needs to see the shop. Warranty work. I was driving in to work this morning when I noticed that when my legs would normally be warm, they were cold. I checked the heat controls: they were on full heat, fan speed 2, with the heat setting on the notch between full feet and half feet/half upper vent. I checked the upper vents: hot air was blowing out. So I thought to myself, "not again!!!"

My previous car, 2006 Mitsu Lancer ES, had an issue last winter for which the dealer (was still under warranty) had it for like a week and a half. The heater control box had a broken arm or something like that which did not allow it to move as it should have to allow hot air to pass to the floor vents. Kinda like what I'm dealing with now. But with the Mitsu, I could understand it. I bought it used. It was previously a rental car. Had over 40k on it when I took it in.

But on my brand new 09 with only 12,200 miles on it?? Hasn't been abused. This is the first winter it's seen. This is a bit strange!!!

So I called my dealer (since it is a warranty issue). Called the service line but was answered by Finance. They transferred me to Service, but I got a voicemail instead of a person. Left a message and am waiting on a call back.

Here's the bigger issue though: it's my only means of transportation. I can't take time off from work while the car is being fixed. I'm hoping they have some kind of loaner car they can give me while they fix mine. Otherwise I can't get it fixed. This sucks!!!!

Car bought 8/7/09. Now over 89k miles of trouble free driving, other than user error!!
DevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote