Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2015, 11:02 AM   #13
chrisgblues

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
I had the same problem last year (spring 2014) and after reading this forum I figured the ABS sensor must have had some moisture or corrosion in it. I decided to tackle the problem myself with good results. Be aware that I am NOT a mechanic and I can't even raise my vehicle off the ground, but I managed to get rid of the issue.

I laid down underneath the car with a can of WD-40 and sprayed a LOT of it in the area of the ABS sensors. I did this on all 4 wheels. It's not easy to get in there but I managed to soak all the sensors as much as possible hoping the WD-40 would soak in the small gaps where the contacts are.

It didn't work right away, but probably within a week the ABS light and the brake warning light went off. It came back on for a brief period then went off again. It's been about a year and the light hasn't come back on. I intend to spray it again with WD-40 later this spring for preventive maintenance. This may or may not work for you, but it worked for me. Good luck.
chrisgblues is offline   Reply With Quote