Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-17-2017, 07:21 PM   #145
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
^^^ Hmm... Except for a Mirage or two, I haven't seen a newer Mitsubishi on the road for a very long time!
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:28 PM   #146
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimona View Post
^^^ Hmm... Except for a Mirage or two, I haven't seen a newer Mitsubishi on the road for a very long time!
Ditto.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:28 PM   #147
Kalispel

Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
Sadly, I see more of the Mirage on the road than I do the 2012+ Yaris models. I still never see any other SE Yaris on the road. We are the Bigfoot/Yeti of the subcompact world - at least around here.
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 09:17 PM   #148
junorico24

Drives: toyota yaris yrs
Can't wait to see all your final reveals.
junorico24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:46 PM   #149
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimona View Post
DSM has not had a new model, or redesigned their models in a long time.

Last I saw, they added LED to the front bumper of the Lancer. LOL the model still dates back 2008.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 02-18-2017, 11:02 AM   #150
Kalispel

The Lancer is still a good looking design, even in 2017. Much more aesthetically pleasing (to me) than the latest crap Civic, Fit, Corolla, iA, iM (front), etc. designs. I'm sure it's a financial decision for them to keep the same basic design platform going for that long (as it is with the 2007-2017+ Yaris basically), but I never understood the mentality that a car has to have to completely new look & design every 4 years. I guess the fickle consumer market just demands it for some reason. In many cases, the redesigned models are even less reliable and attractive than their predecessors.
Old 02-19-2017, 02:45 PM   #151
justanotherdrunk

Drives: 2016 SE
the i3 is gone so the yaris is my daily until i get something new

drove the 2017 EcoBoost mustang not pictured ... really cool retro interior and very quick still not sold on the exterior styling

disgusted that the fiesta/ focus st not offered with an automatic ... looked at the rs for fun

always liked the veloster wont buy one though

really like the new chevy bolt its high on my list

justanotherdrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 03:08 PM   #152
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
^^^ Chevy Bolt is a very interesting newcomer. Plus, it actually looks good!
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 11:20 AM   #153
ern-diz

The Bolt actually does look good, but that RS is where it's at.

On Wheelwell
Old 02-20-2017, 02:58 PM   #154
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
try a brz or an 86. great looking fun to drive.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:45 PM   #155
jpmck03

Drives: 2018 Volkswagen GTI
Yaris Gazoo, turbo, 210hp... Please bring it to the USA...

001_toyotayarishothatch.jpg
002_toyotayarishothatch.jpg

Last edited by jpmck03; 02-20-2017 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Attachments were way too big...
jpmck03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 05:35 PM   #156
Dodge Aries K
My Yaris is a "racecar"

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatchback
My next new car is a 2016 Yaris lol. Was a sad leftover that needed a home.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:48 AM   #157
junorico24

Drives: toyota yaris yrs
I was thinking Mazda 3.

But i am liking what i'm hearing about the new Hyundai Elantra sports ( I30 sports) in other markets.

It's fun to drive :)
junorico24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:28 AM   #158
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by junorico24 View Post
I was thinking Mazda 3.
The Mazda 3 hatch is really growing on me from a styling perspective. If someone totaled my Yaris, it'd be one of the first cars I test drive.

On Wheelwell
Old 02-21-2017, 06:43 PM   #159
Kalispel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
The Mazda 3 hatch is really growing on me from a styling perspective. If someone totaled my Yaris, it'd be one of the first cars I test drive.
I like the peppier engine and dual-exhaust on the upper-level Mazda3 trims, but the sedan looks much better (to me). The character/body lines of the car really make the hatch look saggy in the middle (to me), and the front engine/hood portion of the car looks abnormally elongated. I like the look/proportions of the iM better for a compact hatchback, except from the front, where the goofy front bumper and headlight design ruins it. The Mazda3 front-end design is much better looking.

If someone totalled my Yari tomorrow, I would most definitely just buy another Yaris SE (in blazing blue this time) or an iM (in black only, to blend/hide that front bumper design).
Old 02-21-2017, 07:35 PM   #160
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalispel View Post
I like the peppier engine and dual-exhaust on the upper-level Mazda3 trims, but the sedan looks much better (to me). The character/body lines of the car really make the hatch look saggy in the middle (to me), and the front engine/hood portion of the car looks abnormally elongated. I like the look/proportions of the iM better for a compact hatchback, except from the front, where the goofy front bumper and headlight design ruins it. The Mazda3 front-end design is much better looking.

If someone totalled my Yari tomorrow, I would most definitely just buy another Yaris SE (in blazing blue this time) or an iM (in black only, to blend/hide that front bumper design).
We think alike.
NYC-SE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 08:10 PM   #161
scratchpaddy
Hubcap Enthusiast

Drives: '09 3-door 5-speed
If someone totaled my Yaris tomorrow, I'd see how long I could manage with just my bicycle. I went a whole year one time without ever taking the car to work. Grocery runs would be hard, though.
scratchpaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 12:03 PM   #162
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalispel View Post
...The character/body lines of the car really make the hatch look saggy in the middle (to me), and the front engine/hood portion of the car looks abnormally elongated. I like the look/proportions of the iM better for a compact hatchback, except from the front, where the goofy front bumper and headlight design ruins it....
If I dissect the cars that way, I can actually see what you're saying, but looking at it holistically, I think it all works very well together. One line lays off where another picks up - and that front end looks nice and aggressive. Have a look at this Instagram account...

https://www.instagram.com/mz3_onlyone/

If I were to get one, it would look something like that, minus the camber. I think it's super class. My ultimate choice would be the Focus RS, but the +$40k price tag puts it right on the fence of unreasonable given the other cars you can get in that price range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchpaddy View Post
If someone totaled my Yaris tomorrow, I'd see how long I could manage with just my bicycle. I went a whole year one time without ever taking the car to work. Grocery runs would be hard, though.
You make me think about how working remotely from home, I truly don't need a car. I'm in a perfect position to sell my car for a few extra thousand in the bank, reduce my carbon footprint, get more exercise riding a bike for short errands, etc., but I just couldn't go without a car. I love cars and enjoy driving, so I'd want one regardless lol.

One of the things I love about Top Gear / The Grand Tour is how good of a job they've done of illustrating the special relationship a person has with their car. It could be the biggest jalopy beater, but if you drive it for a while, for most, it grows on you.

On Wheelwell

Last edited by ern-diz; 02-22-2017 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Type-o's