Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-18-2009, 01:44 AM   #1
abdallah380
Fly Emirates :)

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
annoyin noise (ticking or rattling) on idle..

hey ppl, my yaris runs like a dream, but there is this annoying ticking or rattling noise not sure how to dexcribe it that can be heard when the engine is on idle. even after the warm up. it can not be heard when i accelerate or while im driving only when the car is parked or lets say stops for short at red lights the noise is clear.
the sound is very faint, but when i have my a/c on the sound can be heard loud enough to annoy me. the sound clearly is coming from somewhere under the hood.. any suggestions? thanks :)
abdallah380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 03:29 AM   #2
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
a leaf in the aircon duct, or the exhaust heat sheild might be loose.
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 05:40 PM   #3
abdallah380
Fly Emirates :)

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
thanks for the reply.. i really love my yaris n everything about it but this noise was getting on my nerve so today my friend n i looked for the problem under the hood for quite some time till we figured out what it was... n finally found the problem...
not sure how to describe it but u know the black box where there is a filter just ahead of it there is a big black tube kinda thing n ahead of that there is a black wire attached to the body of the car. well that wire is quite hard n that black tube naturally vibrates when the a/c is on. n that vibration was causing the black tube to hit the wire repeatedly causing that annoying ticking sound... it must have hit it so much that actually cut a bit of the plastic from the wire... so then all i did was got a tape n stuck it over the wire towards the body so that its a bit away from the tube so that it does not hit it.
n now even when my a/c is on my car is quite like a sleeping baby. it runs like a dream n makes no annoying noise anymore.... yipeeeeeeeeeeee :) :) :)
abdallah380 is offline   Reply With Quote