Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-23-2007, 11:32 PM   #19
weaponrcamry

Drives: Camry LE/Yaris Hatch 5spd
I would do the 2zz swap, 4age, or the 1zz swap. But the most up to date motor is the 2zz or the 1zz. It would more smaggable if you are having trouble with emissions, and a visual check. I have also found out if you are doing the swap is that the sedan has more engine room than the hatch(LB). With the 2zz swap their would be no air condition, you would have to basically go into the floor boards, cut back into the firewall, make a new wiring harness, plumbing, drive shafts, frame rails and the list goes on and on, probably the same thing with the 1zz. Unless you like to do custom work go for it. But what comes to mind is that people from japan or overseas get the 1.8 dual vvti so if somebody can look closely to their interior and engine bay a compare that car from yours that would sure help out a lot. I want to do a swap or turbo. More linear toward the swap. Please help.... If nobody checks out these specs, I guess I am going to wait until the scion XD comes out and look at their engine bay, since it shares that same platform as the yaris.
The 1nz-fe.. Just rebuild that, more room for turbo, you get air condition, cheaper to do in my opinion...
"(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''*|(@)(@)****** **"( @)
weaponrcamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:41 PM   #20
Toymaniac
Adm.ClubYarisQuebec.com

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan Aero group
we have here a echo hatchback with a silver top(4age 20v) tunned to 230hp in it with rear disc conversion i,ll try to take some pics...

the owner is the owner of the echocup series.

2007 Yaris sedan Barcelona Red
TRD Swaybar
TRD Springs
Tanabe Strutbar
Toymaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:45 PM   #21
regime

Drives: 95 volvo 850 (saving my cash)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
A 2JZ-GTE would be pretty sweet though

Oh god all you need to do is sound like your from California, and say "2jz no shit".... and hey why your at it... you could mention "overnight car parts from japan".... :COUGH:
regime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:40 PM   #22
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
i wouldnt swap a 2zzge into a yaris...the 6 speed tranny is a piece of sh!t
Old 08-02-2007, 10:52 PM   #23
DoriKnights

Drives: Rps13
im still planing on doing th yaris 2zzge engine conversion..... so need to sell for $$ on project any one wanna buy..?

DoriKnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:52 PM   #24
DoriKnights

$3600.00
Old 08-02-2007, 11:11 PM   #25
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
2zz-ge is going to be no problem.... I am glad someone breathed live back into this.... I want to see it happen, I plan on yankin the 1nz for the 2zz when i go past the 3yr/36k....
Old 08-03-2007, 02:32 PM   #26
DoriKnights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Yaris View Post
2zz-ge is going to be no problem.... I am glad someone breathed live back into this.... I want to see it happen, I plan on yankin the 1nz for the 2zz when i go past the 3yr/36k....

does any one have a picture of a yaris empty engine bay.. and a 04 rolla's empty engine bay..?

it looks like enough room if i relocate the battery to the trunk
the engines look like the sit alike in the same spot of the engine bay on both cars
Old 08-09-2007, 03:01 AM   #27
mojoyaris
Ecurie Snoopy Lives

Drives: Jojo
Yes. I'm working on the swap and trying to gather more data. My mechanic is going to look into this as well, plus finding the engine and tranny.
It'll be something to have done next year after i've had fun with the 1nzfe.
Western Canada Rally Association
Ecurie (Team) Snoopy Canada, racing since 1966
mojoyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 09:57 PM   #28
johnnyfive

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoriKnights View Post
does any one have a picture of a yaris empty engine bay.. and a 04 rolla's empty engine bay..?

it looks like enough room if i relocate the battery to the trunk
the engines look like the sit alike in the same spot of the engine bay on both cars

best shot i could find in half a second :) thats from the electric yaris conversion
johnnyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:47 PM   #29
seanele

Drives: '07 Blazing Blue LB, '09 Jetta
i give you guys one word,..."FOOSE"..

everytime i'm heading north of i-15..right before passing Ontario Mills,
i always see the sign Foose on the left..

...they might not give you Corolla engine..but they'll throw in a small block V8..

if that's possible, it's gotta be a mid engine kinda car, place right behind the drive.
added some AWD system.......saweeettttttt!!!!!!
Old 08-10-2007, 10:00 AM   #30
AlphaFox

Drives: 07' Yaris Liftback - silver
[QUOTE=johnnyfive; thats from the electric yaris conversion[/QUOTE]

More info on this??!
AlphaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 10:08 AM   #31
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFox View Post
More info on this??!
here is a link
Old 08-10-2007, 01:55 PM   #32
AlphaFox

Drives: 07' Yaris Liftback - silver
Im thinking of putting on a front spoiler on my car, what do you think black?
AlphaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:11 AM   #33
alfaking
Disenfranchised Car Guy

Drives: 2007 black yaris 3 door 5spd
Has anyone considered the 1ZZ-FE engine and 5 speed trans? A Toyota Mechanic I talked to said the engine and trans mount bracket holes are close enough to maybe be interchangeable.
I know its not the hi zoot engine but it has 130 hp which is ideal for a 2260 lb car. It wont be sick fast but you can drive it in the rain every day if you had to. They already put a 130 hp 1.8 in the TS version of the Yaris in France.
Also, the head is narrower than the 2ZZ-GE so the engine may fit without modification to the firewall and core support etc.
alfaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 03:16 AM   #34
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaking View Post
Has anyone considered the 1ZZ-FE engine and 5 speed trans? A Toyota Mechanic I talked to said the engine and trans mount bracket holes are close enough to maybe be interchangeable.
I know its not the hi zoot engine but it has 130 hp which is ideal for a 2260 lb car. It wont be sick fast but you can drive it in the rain every day if you had to. They already put a 130 hp 1.8 in the TS version of the Yaris in France.
Also, the head is narrower than the 2ZZ-GE so the engine may fit without modification to the firewall and core support etc.
130whp is achiveable with the 1nz with out the cost or hassle of swapping the motor with bolt ons and propper tuning....

2zz-ge or 3s-gte FTMFW!
Old 08-22-2007, 04:17 AM   #35
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
I keep looking into this for a big option for my future, Just waiting to kill the warranty. 17k into 36k.

Ive already found a shop that is interested in doing it, but they havnt come with a ballpark figure for such a swap, they havnt done anything this tight and unique before. But they have done a ton of Honda swaps, and some oldschool 350 Small Block, '91 Celicas.

Ill have to get with them to double check if the 4age Silvertop with a 6-speed would be more feasable on a budget, only thing is, older motor in a newer car....

But I would love a 2zz, just dont think its totally do-able especially if you plan adding a Turbo or major bolt-ons. Not to mention the 4age has a TON of upgrades. But same goes for the 2zz, I guess its all what can be in reach of your Budget...

Big money = Big swap.
Sabretooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 11:47 AM   #36
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
I keep looking into this for a big option for my future, Just waiting to kill the warranty. 17k into 36k.

Ive already found a shop that is interested in doing it, but they havnt come with a ballpark figure for such a swap, they havnt done anything this tight and unique before. But they have done a ton of Honda swaps, and some oldschool 350 Small Block, '91 Celicas.

Ill have to get with them to double check if the 4age Silvertop with a 6-speed would be more feasable on a budget, only thing is, older motor in a newer car....

But I would love a 2zz, just dont think its totally do-able especially if you plan adding a Turbo or major bolt-ons. Not to mention the 4age has a TON of upgrades. But same goes for the 2zz, I guess its all what can be in reach of your Budget...

Big money = Big swap.
what is your budget? I will tell you where to get the donor car for the 2zz with in that budget..... also... it will fit, Thomas said they are doing those swaps in Thailand for about $4000 USD for new 2zz motors....