Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-04-2016, 09:53 AM   #37
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Pics!
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 03:09 PM   #38
sarap

Drives: red liftback egg
We had to hurry up and finish everything before the shop closed haha so I didn't get to adjust the fronts down. The tears are cool for now, but unless reverse rake comes back in style..... Haha. Enough jabber :

I'll be adjusting today and will give the car a nice wash and proper photos tonight !
sarap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 03:19 PM   #39
sarap

As far as he install goes, it was pretty smooth, cause of the helpful tips from the write ups and advice from the homie Terrence.
These coils were listed as 08 xD coil overs, did enough research and ordered them. Bought the last set for 299.00 shipped. Seller was taking best offers so I offered 100 under his listed price. They are shock length adjustable and coil perch adjusted. I have both the collar and lock perch maxed to the bottom on the rear, but I left the shock length decently long, and have a whole bunch more to shorten if desired. The fronts are shock length adjustable as well, and coil perch adjustable. I evened the lengths and coil heights, but today I will be lowering the fronts enough to completely close out the gap.

Overall the coils are what I wanted with he exception of no dampening adjustments. But for 300 bucks shipped with included end links, I couldn't complain.

More pics tonight.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:37 PM   #40
ern-diz

Nice
Old 03-04-2016, 05:17 PM   #41
TerenceCruz

Drives: 2011 Toyota Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarap View Post
As far as he install goes, it was pretty smooth, cause of the helpful tips from the write ups and advice from the homie Terrence.
These coils were listed as 08 xD coil overs, did enough research and ordered them. Bought the last set for 299.00 shipped. Seller was taking best offers so I offered 100 under his listed price. They are shock length adjustable and coil perch adjusted. I have both the collar and lock perch maxed to the bottom on the rear, but I left the shock length decently long, and have a whole bunch more to shorten if desired. The fronts are shock length adjustable as well, and coil perch adjustable. I evened the lengths and coil heights, but today I will be lowering the fronts enough to completely close out the gap.

Overall the coils are what I wanted with he exception of no dampening adjustments. But for 300 bucks shipped with included end links, I couldn't complain.

More pics tonight.
Always down to help the homies man! Especially when it comes to the low ;) Shit if I was local i woulda been with you installing them thangs lol. Looks GREAT the homie once you get the fronts adjusted and some wheels you'll be golden! Yin yang with my ride lol. Let me know how adjusting the fronts go! I haven't touched mine since I installed them. I was adjusting height with preload like a noob. Now preload is set correctly so I want to lower it the right way. Just been lazy to take the fronts apart to do it :/
TerenceCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 07:36 PM   #42
sarap

For sure man ! I'm here at my boys shop, about to bring the fronts down some ! I'll post after pics

Lowered it about another inch in the front. I'll see how long this will last, I may just wanna go maybe a little more Han half an inch all around.

Last edited by sarap; 03-04-2016 at 10:01 PM.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:31 PM   #43
TerenceCruz

Quote:
For sure man ! I'm here at my boys shop, about to bring the fronts down some ! I'll post after pics

Lowered it about another inch in the front. I'll see how long this will last, I may just wanna go maybe a little more Han half an inch all around.

Looks real good G, but an inch lower (or two) won't hurt nobody
Old 03-05-2016, 12:13 PM   #44
sarap

Haha yeah I tested it out his morning on my commute to the barber shop for work, and it wasn't TOO bad, but we will see man, I also need to factor in the fact hear wheels are super temporary ! Here's a decent shot, sorry for the same looking photos lol

Old 03-07-2016, 10:44 AM   #45
ern-diz

Very clean
Old 03-07-2016, 11:55 AM   #46
sarap

Thanks mate ! Prob gonna cop the same visors as you and Terrence !
Old 03-07-2016, 07:56 PM   #47
sarap

Not so cool updates, but updates none the less lol ; got a hold of 09 interior for 20.00 that was used for a little over a year or so before being pulled out for spec b circuit racing. So they were in really good shape ! My stocks were the once black with blue polka dots, now turned navy and showing nice signs of wear. Followed the DIY on this and it was a breeze.

I plan to go after market front seats, maybe f1spec or a nice replica set of brides but for 20 bucks, why not !
Old 03-07-2016, 08:28 PM   #48
ern-diz

Wow. Super come-up and it looks fantastic.

On an interior related note, is that the Micro Image arm rest?
Old 03-08-2016, 01:06 AM   #49
sarap

honestly i wanted to ask someone if they knew where my armest had come out of.
when i got my car, it was already installed.

EDIT-
it is the micro image armrest! it makes me happy considering they arent being made anymore.
i also saw your post about re-wrapping it, as of now, its still in really great shape, and the storage options are awesome!
i honestly wish i could have caught on to micro images items before they shut their doors. some great stuff they had.

Last edited by sarap; 03-08-2016 at 01:19 AM.
Old 03-08-2016, 11:15 AM   #50
ern-diz

Quote:
honestly i wanted to ask someone if they knew where my armest had come out of.
when i got my car, it was already installed.

EDIT-
it is the micro image armrest! it makes me happy considering they arent being made anymore.
i also saw your post about re-wrapping it, as of now, its still in really great shape, and the storage options are awesome!
i honestly wish i could have caught on to micro images items before they shut their doors. some great stuff they had.
Yeah, man, yours looks in great shape.

Micro Image was a cool resource. Garm aka Cali Yaris still visits the forum and sells some stuff on his ebay site.
Old 03-08-2016, 01:20 PM   #51
sarap

Yeah I searched him on eBay, and had some questions about his license plate tow hook re locator, wanted to know if it would work for he Yaris even though it's marked for an xD I believe.
Old 03-11-2016, 05:29 PM   #52
TerenceCruz

Quote:
Yeah I searched him on eBay, and had some questions about his license plate tow hook re locator, wanted to know if it would work for he Yaris even though it's marked for an xD I believe.
As long as it's the same thread pitch it should work bro! Idk how far the xD sticks out compared to the Yaris one though. I should have copped that microimage armrest when I had the chance! Damn it haha it looks better installed than I thought.
Old 03-13-2016, 01:39 PM   #53
Supra_Yaris
Logan

Drives: 2009 Yaris Liftback Base MT
Quote:
preciate that homie! let start a small texas to cali yaris team haha
Im in!
Supra_Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 01:40 PM   #54
Supra_Yaris