Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-12-2011, 04:36 PM   #1
benw85

Drives: Yaris 1.4 D4-D
non-locking front passanger door!

Hi All,

Just got a Yaris 1.4 D4-D and really pleased with economy and refined diesel engine. The car is 2004, spec T3. The front passanger door does not lock/unlock with the other three doors when using the remote. It remains independent of everything else. At the moment when my Girlfriend gets in the car I have to get into car and open door manually via interior knob and the same to lock it manually before leaving when locking.

The interior knob on the passenger door does not fully 'pop up' as the others when you unlock with the remote.

Does this indicate a problem with the locking mechanism or actuator, or do they both mean the same thing?

It's not the end of the world but I would like to sort it...

Regards

BW
benw85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:10 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
The actuator may be bad. You can remove the inner door panel to check the wiring to make sure the connector isn't unlatched. If it's not the wiring, then it is likely the actuator.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:16 PM   #3
benw85

Drives: Yaris 1.4 D4-D
Cheers for the quick reply boss. I will check shortly. Is the 'actuator' the only locking device within the door that can be faulty? i.e, there is no locking motor and actuator?

Regards

BW
benw85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:24 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by benw85 View Post
Cheers for the quick reply boss. I will check shortly. Is the 'actuator' the only locking device within the door that can be faulty? i.e, there is no locking motor and actuator?

Regards

BW

There is just the actuator, which is part of the door lock assembly. The manual lever overrides it by pushing and pulling a cable.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:16 AM   #5
syntax

Drives: Yaris Sedan 2010 "shadow"
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
There is just the actuator, which is part of the door lock assembly. The manual lever overrides it by pushing and pulling a cable.
we already encountered these problems from other members, the cable that is latched into the actuator broke, we just replaced it with other cables.
syntax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:41 AM   #6
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntax View Post
we already encountered these problems from other members, the cable that is latched into the actuator broke, we just replaced it with other cables.
The OP's problem is the opposite of the broken cable issue. The OP's cable works, but the electric actuator does not.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:03 AM   #7
syntax

Drives: Yaris Sedan 2010 "shadow"
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
The OP's problem is the opposite of the broken cable issue. The OP's cable works, but the electric actuator does not.
oopppssss... my bad...
syntax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:15 AM   #8
redglare45

Drives: 07 Sedan - 5 Speed Manual
I think I have the same problem with the actuator. On mine, I hit the lock on the key-fob, all locks turn to lock, but right away the passenger lock comes back to unlocked, while the other 3 doors remain locked. This also seems to be causing a 30 second alarm arming delay, where as before the alarm would arm after 2 chirps back to back. Now it's chirp....wait 30 seconds...2nd chirp, then the alarm is armed.
redglare45 is offline   Reply With Quote