Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Southwest
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-12-2009, 07:18 PM   #19
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
Quote:
Originally Posted by frownonfun View Post
actually my sheet says 127... i got 132 on the last pull but i don't have that sheet.

still would like to get a "second opinion" personally but i figure it's truly somewhere between 135-140whp.

i'll post the dyno i have later on this evening barber.
i dont know, you had another yaris there dyno about what yaris's w/ n/a mods dyno

why do you think its more?
Old 10-12-2009, 07:18 PM   #20
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

Drives: '09 Yaris
And why is Frown's putting out moar?

S.R.

SaerinRhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:28 PM   #21
thebarber
daily driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaerinRhoe View Post
And why is Frown's putting out moar?

S.R.
power enterprise supercharger
Old 10-12-2009, 07:49 PM   #22
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
The guy running the dyno said their was about 10% lower than what the sheet said.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:36 PM   #23
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB M/T
Try this again...
Attached Images

ozmdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:47 PM   #24
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
i dont know, you had another yaris there dyno about what yaris's w/ n/a mods dyno

why do you think its more?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredrocket View Post
The guy running the dyno said their was about 10% lower than what the sheet said.
right... so according to him, even though my last pull was 132, i'm actually around 145whp. that just doesn't sound right to me. imo there's no way i'm breaking 140 at the wheels. PE never claimed it made that much with the pre-programmed amount of PSI so why would they undersell there product? doesn't seem like something they would do knowing them. with an intercooler yeah but without no.

and barber you say there was another yaris there running about what a N/A with mods is running but you aren't considering that the guy doing the dyno says we have to adjust for the 10% decrease in the dyno numbers.

now i'm not knocking you or your car ozmdd, i very much hope you know that, but, if that guy's dyno was measuring at 10% lower then your numbers would be somewhere closer to 116-117hp at the wheels for a N/A yaris. does that sound right?

i'm just saying i think it may have been measuring the hp lower than it should have but not 10%. 5% lower at most.

just my opinion.

I crush you like tiny clown car, because you are clown, yes?
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:55 PM   #25
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Yeah, people claim that the Mustang dyno reads lower than the Dynojet, pretty universally. But there is also debate as to which one is more accurate. Still, there is no consensus on how much, and every A/B comparison I could find on the web involved cars with 3-6 times the HP we put down, so its not really apples-to-apples in simply figuring a %.
I think you can safely assume that you'd run a higher # on a Dynojet, but what that actually means, I couldn't say.
At this point, I'm sticking with the stated #'s. I seriously doubt its off by more than 2-3 HP.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:04 PM   #26
frownonfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmdd View Post
Yeah, people claim that the Mustang dyno reads lower than the Dynojet, pretty universally. But there is also debate as to which one is more accurate. Still, there is no consensus on how much, and every A/B comparison I could find on the web involved cars with 3-6 times the HP we put down, so its not really apples-to-apples in simply figuring a %.
I think you can safely assume that you'd run a higher # on a Dynojet, but what that actually means, I couldn't say.
At this point, I'm sticking with the stated #'s. I seriously doubt its off by more than 2-3 HP.
that sounds about right to me. i wasn't aware that it was a universal claim. this whole dyno thing is fairly new to me. shocker right? lol. but i did get the feeling that i was either getting told inacurate info or he was just saying what i wanted to hear when he said i'm probably closer to 145whp.

at the end of the day though i'm happy with the numbers i put up without the adjustment anyway but i just don't want anyone reading these threads and coming away with unrealistic numbers. full disclosure kinda thing.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:10 PM   #27
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frownonfun View Post
that sounds about right to me. i wasn't aware that it was a universal claim. this whole dyno thing is fairly new to me. shocker right? lol. but i did get the feeling that i was either getting told inacurate info or he was just saying what i wanted to hear when he said i'm probably closer to 145whp.

at the end of the day though i'm happy with the numbers i put up without the adjustment anyway but i just don't want anyone reading these threads and coming away with unrealistic numbers. full disclosure kinda thing.
Its probably closer to 8-10 for yours, give or take.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:13 PM   #28
thebarber
daily driver

sorry, for ozmdd running intake, fart can, and an underdrive pulley 107whp is about right, especially for a dynojet (i ran 98whp w/ similar mods, where a stock yaris did 91whp)

frownonfun, 132whp is pretty decent for a supercharger and whatever kind of custom exhaust you have. im sure w/ whatever safe tune is on the PE piggyback 132 is about right....
Old 10-12-2009, 10:14 PM   #29
thebarber
daily driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmdd View Post
Its probably closer to 8-10 for yours, give or take.
what would make his dyno 8-10whp off and yours not?
Old 10-12-2009, 10:25 PM   #30
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

^He had a run that broke 132 that didn't get printed, so I'm throwing the extra HP on top of my #'s. Edit: By 8-10 more, I mean above the 127 that his chart shows. Compared to a dynojet.

Last edited by ozmdd; 10-12-2009 at 10:29 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 10-12-2009, 10:40 PM   #31
frownonfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
sorry, for ozmdd running intake, fart can, and an underdrive pulley 107whp is about right, especially for a dynojet (i ran 98whp w/ similar mods, where a stock yaris did 91whp)

frownonfun, 132whp is pretty decent for a supercharger and whatever kind of custom exhaust you have. im sure w/ whatever safe tune is on the PE piggyback 132 is about right....

yes and i'm agreeing with that. ozmdd at 107whp and me at 132whp... both reasonable numbers. and good too. 117whp and 145whp, however, not so much.

Old 10-13-2009, 01:55 AM   #32
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
People do say the mustang shows lower numbers than a dynojet ( just like the dynapack shows lower numbers than the dynoet ). However, I am not sure by how much. I wish you really wanted to know what your car would show on a dynojet, I know I would. :P

However, throwing out numbers of whp assuming it would be what a dynojet would show (lilredrocket), isn't very accurate......at all. You were making it seem he put down 145whp on the mustang. I mean, chinocharles was claiming for months that the turbo kit he had, put down 180whp before he actually ever dyno'd it; and then it showed 145whp. LMAO.
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:34 AM   #33
thebarber
daily driver

my only suggestion is to keep dynoing at the same place as all dyno's vary and the only TRUE point is to measure gains on your car.

though, i always find it best to go w/ a group of the same car so you can measure against known quantities.

a little story: at a local dyno (which im actually going to w/ a group on saturday) i dyno'd 170whp w/ my matrix xrs with intake and cat-back. a bunch of friends from MO were there and we all dyno'd w/i a few hp of each other w/ similar mods.

i later dyno'd at another shop to test my camcon settings for a jdm celica gt-s as well as the 03 vs 04 ecu's (different tq maps and lift engagement).....w/ my OEM ecu and similar mods with or without camcon i was about 183whp....since there were no other matrix's there, the dyno #'s were thrown out by the community as being completely invalid. the only worthwhile item that came of the dyno time was testing the camcon on/off (which, btw seemed to do next to nothing) and testing the 03 vs 04 ecu's, not so much for what i pulled on the dyno, but for what they pulled against each other.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:51 AM   #34
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
I never said that's what he would make on a dynojet I was only relaying the message that the guy running the dyno said. Which was "Our dyno is about 10% lower than what you are actually putting down" after the math he said "you are actually making about 145 whp"
Old 10-13-2009, 11:00 AM   #35
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Good info, Barber. I think you're right about it being wise to always dyno at least 2 Yarii at any dyno day. I'm looking to setup a Yaris dyno day on a 2WD Dynojet in the future. We can make sure we get a bone-stock Yaris to set a baseline. Has anyone dyno'd with a throttle controller installed?
Old 10-13-2009, 11:02 AM   #36
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

OK, we get it. LRR and Peterpoop don't agree. Let's move on.