Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 05-11-2009, 11:29 PM   #1
mastaofdisasta

Drives: yaris
springs need to settle

I just installed my df210s on the fron of my car, ima do the back tomorrow. It does look alllll that low, do springs take time to settle a bit? And yes i did install em right. i mean it looks lower but not allll that much lower
Old 05-12-2009, 12:26 AM   #2
tristan
it's been a while

Drives: 2009 liftback
have you moved your car yet? if not, take the parking brake off and back it up a little.
that's how it was for me anyways, i installed my trd springs in the back first and it barley looked low and i kept saying "oh they just have to settle" but then i wanted to make sure everything was good so i took the parking break off and backed up and heard a loud noise, got out to check and it was nice and lowered! oh and nothing was wrong lol
tristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:09 AM   #3
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
My trd springs settle a bit after about a month. one day i just woke up and noticed may car seemed lower than before.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:06 AM   #4
severous01

Drives: 2008 yaris, stripped, red
what i did with my 4.5" lifted jeep was to find a tree stump or something relatively high and park one wheel on it for a few hrs....

but in your case you might wanna use a deck of cards or a 2x4 or something to push the wheel up a little....after a few hrs rotate to another wheel. JUST ONE WHEEL AT A TIME...this puts maximum compression on that wheel and takes much less time than doing 2 at a time.
severous01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:12 AM   #5
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
wait for a couple weeks....a couple thousand miles...