Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-26-2007, 01:10 AM   #1
PetersRedYaris

Drives: 2005 Scion xB
ZPI exhaust ordered!!!

Just ordered it and I'm excited about it! I hope it's not to loud and has a nice low tone like they advertised. I'll post a review in a week or so.
PetersRedYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:10 AM   #2
turboyaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to turboyaris
zpi's other exhausts

I have heard a couple of their exhaust systems and they were all a nice low tone. I talked to kenny when they were first doing it on mine and he assured me that it would not be a loud obnoxious sound. I nice low tone, thats what he said it sounded like when they had my car started. I should be headed down there on wednesday to pick up my car so i will try to post a clip, and a little off topic but we are going to be dynoing my car too so stay tuned...!!!
turboyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:27 AM   #3
PetersRedYaris

I just thought I would do a follow up on my ZPI exhaust system. Oh wait, I still don't have the exhaust system. Didn't I order it over a month ago? Here is what happened. They took a week to ship it out the first time. I finally got it and it didn't fit. I sent it back. They supposedly corrected the problem. I finally received it a second time. It fit worse than it did in the first place. I sent it back a second time. They are supposed to be sending me a new exhaust fresh of the jig. That was a week ago. I called yesterday, they said it would ship today. What the hell??? Am I being overly critical? I know the new one is going to come and fit just as poorly as the first one did after reading OxyG3nE's post. I'll have to take it to a local exhaust shop as have it corrected. So there you have it; who's the next guinea pig to buy somthing from ZPI?
Old 04-03-2007, 10:39 AM   #4
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
I am going to say this once, as I have been biting my lip for months about ZPI.

They have a terrible reputation on ScionLife. When they came on as a vendor, I wanted to warn you guys, but badmouthing vendors here is a big no-no. However, they have now fucked up an ample amount to warrant me saying this... stay far, far away from ZPI. All of these problems... slow shipping, customer avoidance, etc, all problems that have been associated with them before. If this stuff shocks you guys that makes one of us.

I kept my mouth shut and gave them the benefit of the doubt. They had their chance and they blew it... and they have a turbo kit out! YIKES!
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:54 AM   #5
Doc Zaius
Lurker supreme!

Drives: old and boosted!
I fully agree with Charles. I posted before, but ya... anybody who has looked around ScionLife knows their reputation. But SL is also full of fanboys, who are diehard ZPI fanatics. Do your research, know what you're getting into... there are enough previous experiences out there that this kinda stuff shouldn't surprise anybody.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:56 AM   #6
ChinoCharles
Banned

Notice how many of those fanboys are moderators. Hmmm...
Old 04-03-2007, 10:58 AM   #7
07typeS

Drives: 2007 White Toyota Yaris Type S
Send a message via AIM to 07typeS
Yea im on this bandwagon....mines been on order almost a month ago....my last email was like 5 days asking whether I had a LB or a Sedan....WTF?? Yea it does suck they have a turbo kit out, but im done with them....

I would not recommend them to anyone....
TRD Springs w/ KYB Struts and Shocks, Custom CAI w/ K&N filter and pre filter wrap, Weapon R Header, Stock 15 inch alloys, Dezod Performance pads, Tanabe Front Strut Bar, 35% front door Tint and 20% Rear doors back Tint, De-Badged Ass, Custom painted flat black interior, Pioneer deh-p6700bt w/ IPOD hookup, Infinity components up front with custom mounted tweeter, Inifinity 6x9's out back, 1 12" kicker comp cvr........
07typeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:27 AM   #8
PetersRedYaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
I am going to say this once, as I have been biting my lip for months about ZPI.

They have a terrible reputation on ScionLife. When they came on as a vendor, I wanted to warn you guys, but badmouthing vendors here is a big no-no. However, they have now fucked up an ample amount to warrant me saying this... stay far, far away from ZPI. All of these problems... slow shipping, customer avoidance, etc, all problems that have been associated with them before. If this stuff shocks you guys that makes one of us.

I kept my mouth shut and gave them the benefit of the doubt. They had their chance and they blew it... and they have a turbo kit out! YIKES!
I'm holding you responsible Chino. Knowing this kind of info and keeping your mouth shut has screwed several of us. Just joking!
Old 04-04-2007, 01:56 PM   #9
ChinoCharles
Banned

Hey, I am DYING for ZPI to prove me wrong. Even though I don't personally buy anything from them, some of you do or have, so for that reason alone I hope ZPI gets on the ball. Cross your fingers.

And guys, for every vendor that comes on here, do your homework before blindly signing on as a supporter. Read about them on other forums and talk to the people that run the show.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:34 PM   #10
YarisGuy

Drives: 2006 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
Hey, I am DYING for ZPI to prove me wrong. Even though I don't personally buy anything from them, some of you do or have, so for that reason alone I hope ZPI gets on the ball. Cross your fingers.

And guys, for every vendor that comes on here, do your homework before blindly signing on as a supporter. Read about them on other forums and talk to the people that run the show.
YarisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote