Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-14-2013, 05:15 PM   #19
yaris4062007

Drives: 07 BB yaris / 06 Mustang Gt
How do i retighten the belt, anyone have picture?? Ty
yaris4062007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:44 PM   #20
junorico24

Drives: toyota yaris yrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris4062007 View Post
How do i retighten the belt, anyone have picture?? Ty
Ah...get a pry bar or anything solid wedge it between the reinforced part of the alternator and engine mount all you have to do then is pull the pry bar toward you until there's only a hair line of deflection on the belt. You can get someone to tighten the bolt whilst you pull the pry bar towards you.It's easy! don't damage that pipe on the side when you tighten it. Hope this helps.

See the gap between the alternator and down the bottom is the engine mount. Just put a pry bar in between then pull hard on it.
junorico24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:08 AM   #21
yaris4062007

Drives: 07 BB yaris / 06 Mustang Gt
Ty :)
yaris4062007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:30 PM   #22
jpmck03

Drives: 2018 Volkswagen GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by bankrobber View Post
Same problem here. I installed a new Dayco belt from AutoZone because it was lifetime warranty. Within a few weeks it started slipping at start up. I was lazy and let it go awhile. I finally tightened it and have had to tighten several more times. Starting to slip again. I will never buy a Dayco belt again. I will probably replace it with a belt from toyota soon
I swapped out the belt on our Corolla because it was about that time (70k and starting to chirp on startup and under load). So, I got two Dayco belts and did them... mine started squealing after a few months, and the Corolla, which has a fully functional automatic tensioner is doing the ol' slipping belt chirp song already!

Never again, Dayco. Never again.

jpmck03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:27 PM   #23
metalshark
MetalShark

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
Accessory belt noise

Today I installed a new belt from the Toyota dealer on my '08 Yaris. The Toyota belt has a fuzzy fabric type surface on the Vees side of the belt. My car still makes the bad bearing noises. Using a Harbor Freight stethoscope I checked the water pump bearings, the alternator bearings and the AC clutch hub bearing. They were all loud but the water pump was the worst of the three. It's not leaking......yet. $23.04 delivered from Rockauto.com. Does anyone know where to pick up new bearings for the alternator?
Absolutely red, Drawtite hitch, CAI, Insulated Header, Amsoil 5w-30, Mag-drain plug, Red-Line MT-90 tranny oil, Scotch-Guard, Window Tint, Dash rug, Custom short throw shifter, Lowered OEM arm rest, Super-Turbo muffler/w chrome slash cut tip., TRD rear sway bar, sticky pads, front shock tower bar, RS grill badge, VVT-i emblems, Second tire set from Tirerack.com, DISABLED DAY TIME RUNNING LIGHTS, platform- style locking custom bike rack. 86K miles so far. 5 years use now on ceramic wrapped insulated stainless-steel header.
metalshark is offline   Reply With Quote