Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-31-2013, 11:55 AM   #1
Melloreel

Drives: 08 3dr LB
Cruise Install, Thanks to CTScott

I just wanted to pass along my experince with buying, and installing the cruise kit from CT.
I had a couple of questions I needed answered while installing the kit! I had the car torn apart, and had to get it back together same day.
I took a chance and sent a pm to scott figuring that it would a day or two before he responded? To my surprise, it only took minutes! Thats what I call support!!
Everything worked great, and it was the best addition I've made so far

Melloreel
Melloreel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:36 PM   #2
MyzticZ3r0

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melloreel View Post
I just wanted to pass along my experince with buying, and installing the cruise kit from CT.
I had a couple of questions I needed answered while installing the kit! I had the car torn apart, and had to get it back together same day.
I took a chance and sent a pm to scott figuring that it would a day or two before he responded? To my surprise, it only took minutes! Thats what I call support!!
Everything worked great, and it was the best addition I've made so far

Melloreel
Congratulations Melloreel! I was contemplating about installing it myself, but I'm too chicken to mess with the steering wheel.
MyzticZ3r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:39 PM   #3
BEEF

Drives: 2008 yaris 3d
CT is an awesome guy. i did the same install last summer with the same results. the DIY he sent me was exhaustive and covered literally everything.

The parts were cheap and install straight forward. the functionality.... perfect.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:43 PM   #4
Melloreel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyzticZ3r0 View Post
Congratulations Melloreel! I was contemplating about installing it myself, but I'm too chicken to mess with the steering wheel.
To me that was probably the easiest part! The only problem was the indicator light location in the instrument cluster! I looked at two different instructions on its location, and got confused? CT sent me pics that clarified the location!

Just a thought CT maybe your DIY could show the pics that you sent to me?

Also I broke the cover that goes over the connector to the ECM. No big deal as I just wire tied it back on. It took a good bit of twisting the screw driver as suggested to release the tabs. It broke the two hook tabs at the back. Be very careful!!
Old 03-31-2013, 11:13 PM   #5
mf4361

Drives: Yaris Sedan
^
I chickened out on taking the steering wheel apart too, that's why I took the resistor/momentary buttons approach. Functions exactly the same way.
mf4361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:41 AM   #6
BEEF

The button approach is interesting but it doesn't look factory.

I wonder if I should have put the indicator light on mine but I just don't have a good place to mount it as my 2008 doesn't have a factory location for it. I wanted mine to keep the factory look (somewhat).

I guess it is what you are used to as my other car has cruise on a stalk as well.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:20 PM   #7
mf4361

Drives: Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEF View Post

I wonder if I should have put the indicator light on mine but I just don't have a good place to mount it as my 2008 doesn't have a factory location for it. I wanted mine to keep the factory look (somewhat).

I guess it is what you are used to as my other car has cruise on a stalk as well.
That's true too. I put the buttons on the power mirror cover on my 07' so Its not quite visible from other seats in the car. Plus I can always replace it with a new cover and it'll look OEM again.
mf4361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #8
Melloreel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEF View Post

That was my point Beef. The indicator can go right next to the clock! To me it was a must have. Being anal as I am I would always be checking the switch it's very close to the edge of cluster, but still looks like factory installed.

Now take a day and install the kit, and you will be as happy as I am with the results
Old 04-01-2013, 07:44 PM   #9
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Here are the pictures I emailed to Melloreel to show how to mount the indicator within the cluster. It may not be 100% OEM looking, but once the cover is back on the cluster is looks very good.

Cluster - hole.jpg

Cluster - Rear.jpg

Cluster - Front.jpg

Clusrter - LED.jpg
Old 04-02-2013, 09:51 PM   #10
nickhjort
My R1 eats my Vitz!!

Drives: '07 Vitz Lifty, Stick Shift
Man I haven't been on here forever!
But I had to comment here because this looks pretty familiar :) Although mine is flickering on and off now when I use it. Either a loose wire or the box you made me going bad, I'm not sure which. I have to take the dash apart one day and find out.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:53 PM   #11
nickhjort
My R1 eats my Vitz!!

Drives: '07 Vitz Lifty, Stick Shift
And the light turning on and off :) Ignore the crappy fake leather job around the radio, it has since been removed.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:06 PM   #12
BEEF

too many other projects for me right now. I may eventually do it. I gotta put on my MI pulley first and get some things done around the house (just bought a house in february). amazing how our time gets allocated out.