Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 01-12-2011, 08:19 AM   #37
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
There is a major difference in handling, but if you don't drive spirited then it isn't a necessary mod. Also, if your speedbumps and pot holes on the road are that big to destroy the bottom end of a car lowered 1.5" more, I definitely wouldn't be lowering anytime soon either. Maybe throwing on a lift kit.

M2 - your tires look beefy, you running 205/45/17? I believe that's why your wheel gap is less. Looks good for not lowered.
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:40 PM   #38
slow.yaris
Banned

Drives: 07 yaris sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
And Soni, I had thought about lowering mine for a while now, but I just don't see the need. I like the way my car looks as it is, it handles great and if anything, I am concerned about rubbing. Dropping it a inch or so really won't make that much difference, and I suspect the handling gains are nominal (and imaginary in some cases) if at all.
lol ya, the stock yaris handles great, for a tuna boat.

How you have almost 2000 posts here, and haven't seen the hundreds of people from casual drivers, to those who race in auto-x, to professional racers(see jason@sportscar) all post about how much better the car handles with lowering springs, is beyond me. But then again you still don't understand offset...

@xbg - my cheap ass springs and shocks/struts are almost as much as a megan coilover set, and I've seen more people resell their megans in less than 6 months for "whatever reason" than keep them.. Not everyone needs a spine compressing ride on a DD - I'm sure you got mad money flowin fo' the chiropractor though.
slow.yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:43 PM   #39
xbgod
Banned

Drives: "Burning It Down GTX2860RS XB"
Hey, I don't really care how you have your car look. I get more amusement out of watching you guys argue over something so ridiculis.

My car is very stiff and handles quite well. As far as the Megans go there are only so many ways to skin a cat. I think you find more people get rid of that kind of suspension because they cant find the right person to set up such an adjustable set up. You can't just drop off a car like mine to a local allignment rack and say here you go. They'll never get it right. And unless you've been a machinist like me and understand metals, you'd realize the Megans are made out 6061T-6 just like K-Sport, Tein and so fourth. Also most of your springs are made by Eibach and they supply most of the strut companies anyways. If it wasn't for such a great deal from the guys at Megan and there Customer support I would of more than likely held out for JIC Majic. But no matter most of the trick to any coil-over is in the valving and have been manufacturing double adjustable struts and shocks for Aerospace Components for quite some time I can tell you that the Megans are made quite well and can take the abuse. Should they fail then I'll cross that bridge. But since My car set up perfect with them I doubt I'll have issues anytime soon.

And if your worried about your shitty roads and pot holes (if this applies to you) then move the fuck-out of the gheto and move to a place where you can drive something nice. OH Shit I forgot you drive a Yaris and it's more than likely your D/D. Mind you I'm not knocking the car I'm knocking the cheap ass that can't get there head out of their ass. "Shit I use a XB to go fast in"

Go to the Chiropractor ? Is that the best you can come up with? Don't hate the player as they say, hate the game. My car is a toy, I don't need to drive it. I don't make car payments on my hobby. Your goals and mine are completely different.

But hey it's amusing to watch you get so heated over rims and ride heigths

XBG
xbgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:34 PM   #40
Red Horse

Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan A/T
people don't look at your wheel, they look at your face.

Red Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:18 PM   #41
CAyaris

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Send a message via MSN to CAyaris
CAyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 06:09 PM   #42
mouvoi

Drives: toyota echo 05 hatch
I just got 205/45r17 rims on my echo and I have to say it looks weird from the back. if you look at it from the size and front it looks great but when you look at it from the back you notice that a drop is probably a good idea lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (313.3 KB, 78 views)
mouvoi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
17" wheels, shopping, stock suspension