Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 04-18-2006, 07:35 AM   #19
DJ_SpaRky
Resident Scion Guy

Drives: 2008 Mazda3 S Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master
i have positive confirmation that xb and xa suspension will NOT work on the yaris. the spring rates and shock rates are totally different. the spring rates are higher on the yaris than the the bb and ist. the shock travel is also longer on the yaris
Thanks for the update. higher spring rates & longer travel are good things.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:55 AM   #20
jcove

Drives: 2011 Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idjiit
http://www.scion.com and just about everywhere else the specs are listed.

My attitude just acknowledges the facts of platform consolidation. These cars are built to have essentially interchangeable drivetrain and suspension components. It means you have lower design & manufacturing costs, less stock to keep up and lower training requirements. There may indeed be differences in practice, but it isn't foolish to guess that a kit like the Tein Basics will be interchangable between the xA and the Yaris.

Clearly most people would be wise to wait and see how things pan out in the real world, but for the more adventurous of us, it's a calculated risk.
I agree that there is more and more platform consolidation, but the Xa and the Yaris are different platforms. The Xa being the old Vitz/Yaris/Echo platform. Don't get me wrong, I'm not faulting you for being adventurous. I just feel that TRD already has the springs for the Yaris, at a reasonable cost and it saves your warranty. There are also a few other Canadian companies that are in the process of or already have released springs. Unless you want to go full bore and get the coilovers.... ....then these options are better than trying the Xa springs.
jcove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 09:37 AM   #21
Snake

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Snake
thanks for all the info guys
I'll wait around for Tein to come with a set of coilovers
I'm just not a big fan of springs and shocks
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:44 PM   #22
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcove
I agree that there is more and more platform consolidation, but the Xa and the Yaris are different platforms. The Xa being the old Vitz/Yaris/Echo platform. Don't get me wrong, I'm not faulting you for being adventurous. I just feel that TRD already has the springs for the Yaris, at a reasonable cost and it saves your warranty. There are also a few other Canadian companies that are in the process of or already have released springs. Unless you want to go full bore and get the coilovers.... ....then these options are better than trying the Xa springs.

We cannot get any of the TRD stuff in the USA that you guys get in Canada. It will all supposedly be available sometime this summer.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:25 PM   #23
YarisHatch

Drives: Blank
Send a message via AIM to YarisHatch Send a message via Yahoo to YarisHatch
The xa and xb share identical suspensions, however some coilover/spring set ups for the xb will not fit with the xa, and vise versa due to slight differences in room reguarding the rears. I have a feeling the Yaris will be the same way.

If you could manage to make them work, I'd suggest hks hypermax or jdm Jic's set up for the xb.
YarisHatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 08:48 PM   #24
Sp33dY
www.OZTOYOTA.com

Drives: Toyota Echo
omfg peoples..... stop TRYING to put Scion suspension into your YARRII ... HEAPS of brands in Japan make coilovers SPECIFICALLY MADE and SPRING RATED for the VITZ / YARIS . Find yourself an import tuner, and order them direct from Japan. DONT BE DODGY when there is an EASY EASY way around it!
Old 05-31-2006, 06:11 PM   #25
BulletProofAuto

Drives: 00 itr
cusco has their zero 1 and comp-s coilovers, hks makes a s-compact coilover, bilstein, zep, i.mec, and tein all come to mind for coilovers for the chassis.
springs: modellista, blitz, espelir, c-one, tanabe, rsr, tein.
shocks: trd, bilstein, kyb, el-sport.
sway bars: c-one.

the parts are out there guys, the question is when do the newest parts come out and who has experience with them
BulletProofAuto is offline   Reply With Quote