Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 02-12-2007, 10:05 AM   #1
mrrock

Drives: yaris 2dr hatch
Suspension alignment after new springs?

I've put tanbe NF's on and I'm about to have an alignment. How much will the drop have changed the alignment? can the alignment be put back to factory specs or close?. also, is there any alignment for the back? I notice a little bit of negative camber.
mrrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:12 AM   #2
hystria

Drives: 2007 Orange Yaris Hb 3Drs
for the rear there's no worry, it doesn't have toe-in adjustment, and the camber itself doesn't affect tire wear. for the front wheels, NF's will change somehow the toe-in. not dramatically, but it will be a good idea to have it checked if you intend to keep the springs all year around. In fact, this is true for every aftermarket spring available for Yaris. The NF's and the Eibach give the smallest drop available (about 1'').
hystria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 12:52 PM   #3
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Any time a suspension component is changed you should get the alignment done.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:03 AM   #4
El Jefe

Drives: 07 yaris s sedan
i have nf's on my sedan and i had to adjust my toe a little bit, but i didnt adjust the camber and after about 6k miles i have no abnormal tire wear isssues at all.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:29 AM   #5
mrrock

Drives: yaris 2dr hatch
Took it into the dealer yesterday and had alignment done. the said they adjusted the toe in but they said that they also adjusted the toe in the back.
I didn't think you could adjust the toe in the back: are they just blowing smoke up where the sun doesn't shine?
mrrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 01:05 PM   #6
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrock View Post
Took it into the dealer yesterday and had alignment done. the said they adjusted the toe in but they said that they also adjusted the toe in the back.
I didn't think you could adjust the toe in the back: are they just blowing smoke up where the sun doesn't shine?
Toe can be adjusted in the rear with shims