Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2014, 07:50 PM   #1
Yar Is Thy Name

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris HB
OCV or VVTI Solenoid.. Drive Belt Change

2007 Yaris hatchback. 60K miles.

I changed out the drive belt on my wife's Yaris and used a rounded metal pry-bar between the engine and alternator and looks like I have joined the ranks of the CEL code P0010 peeps.
I reviewed a few DIY post on the belt replacement before I got started, but still I messed up.
I don't recall hitting the OCV located near the topside/engine-side of the alternator, so I am wondering if there is another solenoid or sensor located between the alternator and block that I may have hit and damaged?

After reading several post on the subject it seems that the camshaft timing oil control valve (OCV) part # 15330-21011 is usually the issue. I haven't removed and visually inspected it yet.

Where is the VVTI sensor located?
Anyone used OEM sensor or solenoid replacements from E-bay?
All replies appreciated
Yar Is Thy Name is offline   Reply With Quote